Singapore Expats

Academic/Degree verification

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JayinSG

Academic/Degree verification

Post by JayinSG » Mon, 10 May 2021 7:11 pm

Here is the process I followed when MOM asked me to provide verification proof for the degree:

1. Checked with multiple Global verification agencies including the agencies mentioned [link under review] on the processing time.

2. [ONLY] Avvanz understood my urgency and agreed to try their best to get the verification done within the time I mentioned.

3. While Avvanz was working from their side trying to contact the University, I also reached out the University (and the college staffs) to find out the registrar/staff who keeps the student records and shared the contact details with Avvanz.

4. Avvanz contacted them and provided the verification report within two weeks.

Avaanz processing fees: 21USD + processing fees by the University.

More details about the process, please check out in their website.

Please note my university is already accredited by MOM - it is in the SAT tool and also in the EP application drop-down list. For some reasons, my EP came under MOM's scrutiny so I had to go through a long process.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Academic/Degree verification

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 May 2021 10:38 pm

Just for the record, and I've posted this elsewhere in another thread or threads, The fact that your university is in the drop-down list doesn't mean necessarily that all courses within the university curriculum are on their okay list. There are some universities on the list that only have a single degree that is vetting by the MOM. Often, people are randomly selected to degree verification procedures that are more stringent, not because there was something amiss, but because they do random checks after a flurry of fraudulent degrees had been 'accepted' by the MOM around 3 or 4 years ago (before I retired 2 years ago). They picked up many from businesses all over the island and after investigations, many were deported and banned. They used to vet most by looking for the obvious forgeries and not seeing anything overly suspicious, issue their passes and then check closer as time permitted. I lost two technicians from Myanmar during that purge. MOM sent a 3 man team to my office (my two were field technicians) and had me recall them back to the office and they waited there till they arrived and the took them away. They were locked up for a couple of days and then deported. So, as long as a piece of string is, is how long it will take. Just keep your fingers crossed it's done before your svp expires. However, I think it's possible to get an extension if you have a pending application. maybe singaporeflyer has more information on that.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Academic/Degree verification

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 11 May 2021 1:57 am

Degree verification has become a hotter topic in the last decade for sure. However I remember as far back as 2003 being asked by HR to prove I had a degree when the Australian company I worked for was bought out by STE. As a degree holder I don't mind them catching out plagarists and shooting them on the spot. I worked hard for my quals.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!