Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 May 2021 10:31 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Thu, 06 May 2021 8:58 am
Hello all and the experts,

I know there is no definitive answer to my questions, but please share your latest experience on the following:
1. Approx PR approval timelines (Could be 3months-2years, but what has been true for MOST of the cases)
2. Will the 'submit addition documents' option definitely disappear if the decision is made?
3. How long 'usually' one needs to wait after the additional documents have been asked for?
4. Has anyone reached out to ICA requesting faster processing and got a response?

Sorry if these questions were asked and answered on the forum before.

1. 1-1.5 years average
2. No one can confirm
3. Depends on that specific case
4. If request to expedite, chances are it may have a negative outcome. On what grounds can faster processing be requested?

anujhbaggha

Post by anujhbaggha » Fri, 07 May 2021 9:36 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 06 May 2021 10:31 am
anujhbaggha wrote:

I know there is no definitive answer to my questions, but please share your latest experience on the following:
1. Approx PR approval timelines (Could be 3months-2years, but what has been true for MOST of the cases)
2. Will the 'submit addition documents' option definitely disappear if the decision is made?
3. How long 'usually' one needs to wait after the additional documents have been asked for?
4. Has anyone reached out to ICA requesting faster processing and got a response?

1. 1-1.5 years average
2. No one can confirm
4. If request to expedite, chances are it may have a negative outcome. On what grounds can faster processing be requested?
Thanks much. The timeline I thought was 4-6 months, or maybe a bit more.
Wife looking for a job (and of course passes are the issue) is the reason why I want the result faster (but then I know ICA doesn't gives a dime about what my personal agenda is ;) )

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Fri, 07 May 2021 9:42 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 9:36 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
anujhbaggha wrote:

1. 1-1.5 years average
2. No one can confirm
Wife looking for a job (and of course passes are the issue) is the reason why I want the result faster (but then I know ICA doesn't gives a dime about what my personal agenda is ;) )
your previous post mention you got Australia PR and still want to try Singapore PR?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 May 2021 7:39 pm

This ethnic group has a long history of collecting PRs. We've had literally dozens on here in the past. Most with Aus or Canadian PR then want SG as it closer to fly back to Indian.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

anujhbaggha

Post by anujhbaggha » Wed, 12 May 2021 2:16 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 7:39 pm
This ethnic group has a long history of collecting PRs. We've had literally dozens on here in the past. Most with Aus or Canadian PR then want SG as it closer to fly back to Indian.
Collecting PRs is probably not the best way to call it. I think most people (irrespective of ethnicity) will prefer to stay closer to home, at a place where they have spent years and have a well connected community.

anujhbaggha

Post by anujhbaggha » Wed, 12 May 2021 2:17 am

therat wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 9:42 am
anujhbaggha wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 9:36 am
singaporeflyer wrote:

1. 1-1.5 years average
2. No one can confirm
your previous post mention you got Australia PR and still want to try Singapore PR?
That is right :)

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 12 May 2021 9:15 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 2:16 am
Collecting PRs is probably not the best way to call it. I think most people (irrespective of ethnicity) will prefer to stay closer to home, at a place where they have spent years and have a well connected community.
The recurring theme is that our guys tend to be "too" tightly knit, meaning that they generally don't integrate or develop much affinity to the land that they are moving to. They will constantly be looking for some other "better" place to move to. You'll inevitably find that their heart belongs well and truly in India but the money and standards of living is better outside.

Hence the comment about collecting PRs and then picking the most convenient. It's been stressed on quite a bit here that this is a big thing for Singapore and part of the reason many highly paid Indians don't manage to get PRs.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 May 2021 9:54 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 2:16 am
Not saying anything negative here. But if they prefer to stay close to home, then for example they should not have taken canadian and australian PR and directly stay here and get Singapore PR. If this was done, then it would not count as collecting. Just my 2 cents. But I understand in reality it is difficult as nothing is guaranteed till we get it.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04 am

SF, I know some Indians who are here in Singapore and with PRs who tried to apply for citizenship with one goal in mind - to be able to get an easier work visa in the US. This is what the gahmen is probably wary of.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 May 2021 10:16 am

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04 am
SF, I know some Indians who are here in Singapore and with PRs who tried to apply for citizenship with one goal in mind - to be able to get an easier work visa in the US. This is what the gahmen is probably wary of.
I will personally not prefer to take that route and treasure the chance given to reside permanently in SG.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 12 May 2021 10:22 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 10:16 am
smoulder wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04 am
I will personally not prefer to take that route and treasure the chance given to reside permanently in SG.
Yes same here. I've traveled around the world, and I like what I see in many other countries but the connection is with Singapore.

lostgirlsg

Post by lostgirlsg » Wed, 12 May 2021 10:46 am

hello everyone,
i am just wondering what are my chances for PR in 2021

Race Ethnicity: Chinese
Nationality: Indonesian
Education: Bachelor of Business (Finance Major) from SMU
Job: Finance in Banking Sector
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 Years
Years of Working: 2 Years
Salary: 55K+
Pass: SPass

Thanks in advance :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 May 2021 10:48 am

lostgirlsg wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 10:46 am
hello everyone,
i am just wondering what are my chances for PR in 2021

Race Ethnicity: Chinese
Nationality: Indonesian
Education: Bachelor of Business (Finance Major) from SMU
Job: Finance in Banking Sector
Length of stay in Singapore: 5 Years
Years of Working: 2 Years
Salary: 55K+
Pass: SPass

Thanks in advance :)
Apply after 2 years after being on EP.

lostgirlsg

Post by lostgirlsg » Wed, 12 May 2021 11:52 am

thank you for the quick feedback and time
how would you assess my chance (in percentage)?
i read somewhere there will be more approval of pr applications
due to low movement of migrant 2020-2021

sorry, as a finance people. we just love the numerical numbers.
*also, i understand the feedback is just personal opinion (without burdening you) :)
thanks again

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 May 2021 12:02 pm

lostgirlsg wrote:
Wed, 12 May 2021 11:52 am
thank you for the quick feedback and time
how would you assess my chance (in percentage)?
i read somewhere there will be more approval of pr applications
due to low movement of migrant 2020-2021

sorry, as a finance people. we just love the numerical numbers.
*also, i understand the feedback is just personal opinion (without burdening you) :)
thanks again
At the moment just 10% or lower will be your chance.