Singapore Expats

Citizenship application Outcome standing for over 2 years

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Citizenship application Outcome standing for over 2 years

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:49 am

Jayman wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:22 am
I see I have got two likes for my first post, from @smoulder and @juggernaut. Would you two like to contribute, or do you want me to fight (for you and your fellow Indians) by myself?

Indians have a bad rep already for being weaklings - as much as I don't like racist posts against you guys, I have to admit this. Don't make it worse by just staying silent when someone tries and defends you guys.

I don't have to do this, you know. I'm doing it because people like PNG whatever and SundayMorningBreakfast offend my sensibilities, but I won't keep doing it forever. Show some guts, you two (and other Indians).
I don’t see what the point of calling them out publicly was. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the likes being anonymous? Why would you assume they are Indian? It’s nice that you cared to defend the Indian population, but the fact that fighting on an online forum does nothing still stands.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:27 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:49 am
Jayman wrote:
I see I have got two likes for my first post, from @smoulder and @juggernaut. Would you two like to contribute, or do you want me to fight (for you and your fellow Indians) by myself?

Indians have a bad rep already for being weaklings - as much as I don't like racist posts against you guys, I have to admit this. Don't make it worse by just staying silent when someone tries and defends you guys.

I don't have to do this, you know. I'm doing it because people like PNG whatever and SundayMorningBreakfast offend my sensibilities, but I won't keep doing it forever. Show some guts, you two (and other Indians).
I don’t see what the point of calling them out publicly was. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the likes being anonymous? Why would you assume they are Indian? It’s nice that you cared to defend the Indian population, but the fact that fighting on an online forum does nothing still stands.
It turns out that I am indeed Indian. No intention of being anonymous. Comfortable in my own skin and ethnicity and not intending to prove my strength, physical or otherwise. The only reason why I stayed away from commenting is because this is what I do nowadays - I don't get involved in unnecessary discussions on controversial topics. No point in getting on my soapbox. It's not going to change the world.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:49 pm

Not siding with anyone here. Sometimes it is just that they are too tired repeating the same thing again and again. But trust me, they are really helpful.

Sometimes we must adjust to take the good from where it is and leave out something which we dont like?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 2:24 pm

IMO, if one has an issue with the mods, PMing them is more efficient than trying to bait them passive aggressively (they’ll never play the game lol) and it’s driving the original discussion off topic.

Jayman

Post by Jayman » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 9:41 pm

@Smoulder, perhaps I owe you an apology. I've stood up for people who were attacked on the basis of national stereotypes in the past, and I've found that with Indians, they've often been content to let someone else fight their battles. That's why I said what I did to you, and I acknowledge I was guilty of stereotyping too.

Singapore Flyer, I read your post. Noted. It made sense, and I do acknowledge those two mods seem to have made many useful posts.

Lisafuller, you haven't followed my posts. I called those two mods out because I thought they deserved it. If you're referring to Smoulder and Juggernaut by "them", Smoulder has already acknowledged he's indeed Indian.

As I've said before, I posted after reading multiple posts by those two mods where they seem to have assumed that every Indian is out to game the system. They've said as much on other threads.

And yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you don't answer a specific question from a specific person by generalising on the basis of his origin. That's racism.

Face it, if the OP had said he was from Croatia or Colombia, PNGMK wouldn't have called him a tosser.

MOCHS, PMing those two wouldn't have helped. You want to dish it out in public, you have to be prepared to take it too.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 9:54 pm

Jayman wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 9:41 pm
@Smoulder, perhaps I owe you an apology. I've stood up for people who were attacked on the basis of national stereotypes in the past, and I've found that with Indians, they've often been content to let someone else fight their battles. That's why I said what I did to you, and I acknowledge I was guilty of stereotyping too.

Singapore Flyer, I read your post. Noted. It made sense, and I do acknowledge those two mods seem to have made many useful posts.

Lisafuller, you haven't followed my posts. I called those two mods out because I thought they deserved it. If you're referring to Smoulder and Juggernaut by "them", Smoulder has already acknowledged he's indeed Indian.

As I've said before, I posted after reading multiple posts by those two mods where they seem to have assumed that every Indian is out to game the system. They've said as much on other threads.

And yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you don't answer a specific question from a specific person by generalising on the basis of his origin. That's racism.

Face it, if the OP had said he was from Croatia or Colombia, PNGMK wouldn't have called him a tosser.

MOCHS, PMing those two wouldn't have helped. You want to dish it out in public, you have to be prepared to take it too.
@Jayman,
I can vouch for the immense contribution of the 2 moderators whom you are complaining about. On the surface they look rough, but if you dig through what they have done to educate people here and help them, you will surely understand their good work.

Secondly, they say things straight and without any sugar coating. This hurt me initially too. But with time,maturity and real life findings, we will value it. I am 100% sure that if you calm down, follow this forum for a year+, you will say the same too.

I came to this forum in 2008/2009 similar to many in this forum asking for very basic questions about PR. Got harsher replies too. But with time, I understood what is really needed via this forum.

I have been literally whacked by SMS initially many times :wink: . But everytime he whacks me, he will give 2-3 big paragraphs of the reality that is of great value. This information you will not get it from any documentation anywhere.

juggernaut

Post by juggernaut » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:53 pm

Jayman wrote:

Hey Jayman ,

Firstly thanks for your support and yea i agree with you that the moderators like PNGMk and sundaymorningstaple in the name of being straight shooters offend other people and post comments which are absolutely distasteful.

If you’ve looked at any of my previous replies you will see that i have raised it and pointed out that the remarks by these mods are utterly rubbish !! Either way I don’t want to comment further here because i think nothing will change here and these mods being keyboard warriors wont really get the point we’re trying to raise . Let peace be upon them 😊