Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FortunateMe

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by FortunateMe » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 9:29 pm

WoShiDavid95 wrote:
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 7:47 am
FortunateMe wrote:
Sun, 21 Feb 2021 2:34 pm
Hi, ive been following this forum and it has so far been providing me with a lot of information.
Its time for me to give back to the community here.

Profile:
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Salary: 4800/month
Length of stay in sg: Approximately 18-19 years(primary school to university and work now)

Pr Application Timeline:
1st PR application on 2016 - Rejected after 3 month, pay 2400/month SPASS

2nd PR application - 28 Jan 2020 - Approved, pay 4800/month EPASS
28 Jan 2021: Received email from ICA to proof that my race is chinese, provided parents birth certificate
3rd Feb: Submitted the required document and email the ICA to notify them.
10 Feb 2021: Discovered that the submit additional document missing from MyICA
20 Feb 2021: MyIca status change to approve with the approval date as 18 Feb 2021

Hope this helps and good luck to those who are applying PR. Cheers.
Were the birth certificates of your parents submitted to ICA translated to English?
Yes, ICA email attachment mentioned that it need to be translated to english

kelvin4848

Post by kelvin4848 » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 9:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 9:50 pm
Okay, I might have to change my earlier prognosis.

Did you apply apply to the MOM to get permission to marry a former WP holder? If you did, then no problem. However, if you didn't, your wife is probably 100% correct. You may well be disappointed.

I know, I'm still taking care of a grand-niece who is the offspring of my Nephew (SGC) and a Filipino wife (who was formerly on a WP but married without getting permission from the MOM 14 years ago). ICA gave her a 1 year LTVP to let the baby be born in Singapore to a Singapore father, thus gaining a future baby oven or NS Man, but when that year was up, they refused to renew the LTVP and sent her packing back to the 'peens where she's been ever since. I've been taking care of the baby since she was 1 year old. She's in Sec 2 now. I hope you did get permission from the MOM.
Yes, i did apply with MOM and got the permission letter before proceeding with our marriage. Before we had our 1st child, she was drawing a salary of $3.2k/mth and had a total of 8 tax returns. I dont know if that will help with the application (that is, if ica even look into her tax history) as the last time she paid her taxes was on yr 2018.

kelvin4848

Post by kelvin4848 » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 9:51 am

And if you are wondering why she was holding WP despite a 3.2k salary : she used to be a 头手in a zi char stall in a coffeeshop. Due to her education level which is PMR in msia somewhat equivilent to our N levels, the coffeeshop failed to secure her a spass.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:11 am

Point is, if you’re sponsoring her application, then it’s a lot easier than if she’s applying it by herself.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 5:44 pm

kelvin4848 wrote:
Fri, 26 Feb 2021 9:34 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 24 Feb 2021 9:50 pm
Okay, I might have to change my earlier prognosis.

Did you apply apply to the MOM to get permission to marry a former WP holder? If you did, then no problem. However, if you didn't, your wife is probably 100% correct. You may well be disappointed.

I know, I'm still taking care of a grand-niece who is the offspring of my Nephew (SGC) and a Filipino wife (who was formerly on a WP but married without getting permission from the MOM 14 years ago). ICA gave her a 1 year LTVP to let the baby be born in Singapore to a Singapore father, thus gaining a future baby oven or NS Man, but when that year was up, they refused to renew the LTVP and sent her packing back to the 'peens where she's been ever since. I've been taking care of the baby since she was 1 year old. She's in Sec 2 now. I hope you did get permission from the MOM.
Yes, i did apply with MOM and got the permission letter before proceeding with our marriage. Before we had our 1st child, she was drawing a salary of $3.2k/mth and had a total of 8 tax returns. I dont know if that will help with the application (that is, if ica even look into her tax history) as the last time she paid her taxes was on yr 2018.
Okay Kelvin4848, you are good to go. I see no problem, I got the answer I was hoping for. Shoe-in.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jacie

Post by Jacie » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:24 pm

Jacie wrote:
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 3:24 pm
YunaV02 wrote:
Mon, 08 Feb 2021 12:22 am
Hello all,
My PR application has been pending for 15months now, applied in nov 2019, would like to seek advices here whether i should email ICA to follow up on the application status?

Thanks a lot!

Background
Malaysian Chinese Female, single, 29ys old, bachelor degree, EP holder, stays in sg for 4yrs++, currently working as senior engineer in semicon MNC for 3yrs++ , had updated ICA about my promotion in July’ 20 and passport renewal in Oct’20.
Hi YunaV02

Have you received any news about your PR application? I have also waited since Jul 2019, till now still no updates yet. :(
Hello everyone

I just received a reply from ICA asking for:
a) the detailed full curriculum vitae of your family members i.e. parents and siblings (to include your parents' employment history before retirement, if applicable)

Name / Date of Birth/ Relationship / Period of Employment from the pass till present / Name & Address of Employer / Designation / Rank / Duties

Anybody encounter this before? Do I need to submit my husband family's member details as well? And do I need to all the employment history for my parents (it's like 20 years ago)?

Need some advise on this.

Thank you.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:41 pm

@Jacie, I think you should provide your husband's family details only if they are asking for spouse details in the letter? And ye,s ideally all the employment history for the parents should be given.

Jacie

Post by Jacie » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:55 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:41 pm
@Jacie, I think you should provide your husband's family details only if they are asking for spouse details in the letter? And ye,s ideally all the employment history for the parents should be given.
@simple_guy The letter is only indicated my family members (i.e. parents and siblings), doesn't mentioned about spouse details at all. Do you think it will be enough if i provide 10 years employment history caused they couldn't remember some details 10 years ago? Will it affect my application? :(

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 6:54 pm

Jacie wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:55 pm
simple_guy wrote:
@simple_guy The letter is only indicated my family members (i.e. parents and siblings), doesn't mentioned about spouse details at all. Do you think it will be enough if i provide 10 years employment history caused they couldn't remember some details 10 years ago? Will it affect my application? :(
I am not much experienced. I am an applicant like you, so can tell based on my experience.
In my case they asked for spouse family details as I had applied with family. I gave details whatever I had and left the remaining. All the best!. May be you can get suggestions from other members and also give a call to ICA helpline to get more clarification.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 7:01 pm

Jacie wrote:
simple_guy wrote:
Don't need to give year by year. If they dont remember some is OK. But can you submit all they remember at a high level?

Jacie

Post by Jacie » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 8:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 7:01 pm
Jacie wrote:
simple_guy wrote:
Don't need to give year by year. If they dont remember some is OK. But can you submit all they remember at a high level?
Hi Singaporeflyer, do I need to submit for my husband’s family?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 9:29 pm

Jacie wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 8:18 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Jacie wrote:

Assuming your husband is your sponsor, I dont think they will ask about his family, parents, etc. If ICA asks for yours, please provide only your parental side details

Jacie

Post by Jacie » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:02 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 9:29 pm
Jacie wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Assuming your husband is your sponsor, I dont think they will ask about his family, parents, etc. If ICA asks for yours, please provide only your parental side details
Hi Singaporeflyer, my husband is not my sponsor. I apply it by my own. Noted that I no need to give my husband’s family details. In this case, do I need to provide my husband details as well? Or ICA will be able to retrieve my husband details on their own?

The letter indicate:
Detailed full curriculum vitae of your family members ie parents and siblings.

Thank you!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:20 pm

Jacie wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:02 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Jacie wrote:

Hi Singaporeflyer, my husband is not my sponsor. I apply it by my own. Noted that I no need to give my husband’s family details. In this case, do I need to provide my husband details as well? Or ICA will be able to retrieve my husband details on their own?

The letter indicate:

Thank you!
They asked only YOURS, they didnt ask for your husband family details. I guess you are complicating things in my view. if you want to give your husband family details and not take our views, then I am not sure why you are asking us for views here. Already 2-3 persons have told that just yours is enough and you fail to accept this view.

Jacie

Post by Jacie » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:20 pm
Jacie wrote:
Mon, 01 Mar 2021 10:02 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

The letter indicate:

Thank you!
They asked only YOURS, they didnt ask for your husband family details. I guess you are complicating things in my view. if you want to give your husband family details and not take our views, then I am not sure why you are asking us for views here. Already 2-3 persons have told that just yours is enough and you fail to accept this view.
Hi SingaporeFlyer

Just want to confirm before submitting! Anyway thanks for your advise.