Singapore Expats

Automated Laundry System for HDB

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
xavier32lau

Automated Laundry System for HDB

Post by xavier32lau » Sat, 30 Jan 2021 5:29 pm

Hi, I am looking to install a automatic laundry rack in my house. Anyone installed it before? Roughly able to advise which brand and the pricing for one?
Appreciate the recommendation!

Search By

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Automated Laundry System for HDB

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 03 Feb 2021 8:34 pm

Steigen Makes really high-quality automated laundry rags. They have multiple different models, colors, and features. Prices start at around $1000 and go up to a little over $1400. Some have drying features, others have disinfection features that eliminate bacteria and prevent odors. Incredibly useful when it is raining outside and you need to dry your clothes.

xavier32lau

Post by xavier32lau » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 1:25 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 03 Feb 2021 8:34 pm
Steigen Makes really high-quality automated laundry rags. They have multiple different models, colors, and features. Prices start at around $1000 and go up to a little over $1400. Some have drying features, others have disinfection features that eliminate bacteria and prevent odors. Incredibly useful when it is raining outside and you need to dry your clothes.
Did you have it installed? Cause was looking for other brands more affordable kind haha

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 8:57 am

xavier32lau wrote:
Sat, 30 Jan 2021 5:29 pm
Hi, I am looking to install a automatic laundry rack in my house. Anyone installed it before? Roughly able to advise which brand and the pricing for one?
Balcony or Yard?

For balcony you can install a retractable line.
To prevent sag, add the clothesline tightener.
Amazon has it all. Google around to understand what I mean.

For your hdb yard, if it uses bamboo poles, google for the “hdb bamboo pulley”. You’d get the idea.

xavier32lau

Post by xavier32lau » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 1:38 pm

the observer wrote:
Thu, 04 Feb 2021 8:57 am
xavier32lau wrote:
Sat, 30 Jan 2021 5:29 pm
Balcony or Yard?

For balcony you can install a retractable line.
To prevent sag, add the clothesline tightener.
Amazon has it all. Google around to understand what I mean.

For your hdb yard, if it uses bamboo poles, google for the “hdb bamboo pulley”. You’d get the idea.
For HDB yard actually, was looking for a more automatic version of the HDB bamboo pulley

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 12 Feb 2021 1:51 am

xavier32lau wrote:
Thu, 04 Feb 2021 1:25 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 03 Feb 2021 8:34 pm
Did you have it installed? Cause was looking for other brands more affordable kind haha
I had it installed about a year ago, works great. Definitely worth the price in my opinion, although I can see it being out of budget for some. When it starts raining, my first instinct is to take a nap, not rush to bring in the laundry. The automated rack takes away that problem for me because I am able to dry my clothes without hanging them outdoors. Such a time saver!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sat, 13 Feb 2021 1:10 am

Keeps your maid from falling out of the window, too!

jnjde

Post by jnjde » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 12:02 am

Big brands are really expensive though. My husband saw an ads on facebook and we recently got it for about $700+. He say that all seems to be from the same China factory so we went with the cheaper alternative.

xavier32lau

Post by xavier32lau » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 4:37 am

jnjde wrote:
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 12:02 am
Big brands are really expensive though. My husband saw an ads on facebook and we recently got it for about $700+. He say that all seems to be from the same China factory so we went with the cheaper alternative.
Able to reveal where you get it from?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 10:33 pm

I suggest you don’t play around when it comes to large electronics like this. Those made in China are prone to fires and explosions because the materials are not of high-quality. Batteries are also cheap and the machines are assembled very haphazardly. I know it may seem like a big difference in price, but you should be able to find a basic model for eight or $900. It’s definitely worth the price.