Singapore Expats

business card printers?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Steve

business card printers?

Post by Steve » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:18 am

Have been searching for printers for business cards, have found (what I consider to be) silly prices being quoted $50.00 for 200 being the lowest quote.
Can anybody recommend a good quality, cheap printer for producing business cards who doesn't double the price the moment they hear an English accent?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I'm looking too

Post by I'm looking too » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:31 am

I found print22.com.sg They have an offer $30 for 300 cards, full colur, both sides, laminated. Can order on line. Was just at the site this morning and thinking of ordering...

gRF

Post by gRF » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 9:47 pm

We've used print22.com, and the quality is good. Though they advertise free delivery, they will charge extra S$4. The quality of printing is very good. The paper could be a bit ticker, but that's just me.

If you don't know how to prepare the artwork for the printing (or "soft-copy", as all printing cos call it here), just call print22 and ask for all details.
Soft-copy is very important - if it's done badly your cards will look lousy.

The design of the namecards should be included in your company's identity manual. If your company doesn't have identity manual, maybe you can initially invest some money into card design (artwork, soft-copy), and later reuse it when doing reprints.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: business card printers?

Post by ksl » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:45 pm

Steve wrote:Have been searching for printers for business cards, have found (what I consider to be) silly prices being quoted $50.00 for 200 being the lowest quote.
Can anybody recommend a good quality, cheap printer for producing business cards who doesn't double the price the moment they hear an English accent?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
If I was you Steve, I would get them Free from www.vistaprint.com you get 250 free, just pay postage, cost me 6.50 I think it was, they were sent from Belgium, and I am very pleased with the quality.

gRF

Post by gRF » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:52 pm

ksl wrote:If I was you Steve, I would get them Free from www.vistaprint.com you get 250 free, just pay postage, cost me 6.50 I think it was, they were sent from Belgium, and I am very pleased with the quality.
What about Vistaprint's logo printed on the back of the cards?

If I have that logo printed on the back of my namecards, that says something about my business, doesn't it ? ;)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 1:25 am

gRF wrote:
ksl wrote:If I was you Steve, I would get them Free from www.vistaprint.com you get 250 free, just pay postage, cost me 6.50 I think it was, they were sent from Belgium, and I am very pleased with the quality.
What about Vistaprint's logo printed on the back of the cards?

If I have that logo printed on the back of my namecards, that says something about my business, doesn't it ? ;)
well I guess, it does, for the big guys, but come on for a start up, which i presume he is, it's no big deal.
But there again to some people it matters, so you can pay the extra and take off vista prints logo, it's still cheaper if you customize it. 9$

gRF

Post by gRF » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 2:14 am

ksl wrote:well I guess, it does, for the big guys, but come on for a start up, which i presume he is, it's no big deal.
But there again to some people it matters, so you can pay the extra and take off vista prints logo, it's still cheaper if you customize it. 9$
All the more if he's startup - he needs all the good impression that he can get. He can print 100pcs digital namecards for S$10 in one day, or 300pcs for S$30 in four days (offset printing, double-side color, mat lamination).

That S$23.50 difference (compared to free Vistaprint's business cards) is not gonna kill his business :)

I've seen people print their name cards on a standard paper, using their home ink-jet printer, and cut with scissors. And yet they dare to charge for their sevices few thousand dollars. Even some hawker-stall owners have better namecards, and yet how much they charge for their chicken rice ?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 3:25 pm

gRF wrote:
ksl wrote:well I guess, it does, for the big guys, but come on for a start up, which i presume he is, it's no big deal.
All the more if he's startup - he needs all the good impression that he can get. He can print 100pcs digital namecards for S$10 in one day, or 300pcs for S$30 in four days (offset printing, double-side color, mat lamination).

That S$23.50 difference (compared to free Vistaprint's business cards) is not gonna kill his business :)

I've seen people print their name cards on a standard paper, using their home ink-jet printer, and cut with scissors. And yet they dare to charge for their sevices few thousand dollars. Even some hawker-stall owners have better namecards, and yet how much they charge for their chicken rice ?
I cannot disagree with you, But i get the impression that status is important to some and not to others, The one thing I can say, when it comes to business, is that your business card wouldn't impress me in the slightest, I would be more interested in what you can or cannot do.

Now if you would mention website display, then without a doubt, it represents, your experience and innovative self and is sending a direct message.

Take China and Taiawan, many top Companies have crap websites, because they are bad to English, But they all want it doing free, amazing isn't it. So Asia you are probably right the name card is very important, much more than their websites. I mean you can actually see this at most exhibitions.

Steve will have to make is own mind up I guess, of course if he's got the money he should not attempt to save on cards.

Queensway SC

Post by Queensway SC » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 8:00 pm

You should go to Queensway shopping centre, 3rd floor, it will be done in 1 hour (try ULTRA SUPPLIES for example). Good fast and cheap.

steve

Post by steve » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:36 pm

Thanks Guys.
have just started up ops here but have been in biz since 1989 in the UK. Spore will become head ops, UK will soon become secondary and part of the Singapore group.
We will be needing good quality cards, one intricate design printed both sides, but with 4 name and title changes over 1200 - 1500 +. cards
Have artwork ready on cd and samples ready to print.
needing 300 + per name/title change, and need local price, not the usual 2 tier pricing for foreigners - (but that's a different disgruntled thread to start) Need excellent quality. No Bleed and on pearlised heavy stock card. gold and silver pearlised finish.

Hope that sorts out the confusion :)

Anybody interested in quoting me, you can mail me direct @ [email protected]
or call 90665993

Thanks a lot for all your help. it is appreciated

boyish1981

Namecard / Flyer / Posters / Books printing

Post by boyish1981 » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 7:06 pm

Ben

I been waiting for you to start spamming as I knew it would only be a matter of time. Your other posts including your email in each of them (advertising in a subtle manner) I was overlooking. However when you start dredging up threads that haven't had a post in over two years just to advertise.......

The next instance will result in the locking of your account. Please advertise in the Classifieds Section of this site. It's Free. It's for our posters & readers. If every tom dick & harry posts their own little piece of garbage in the threads then this board becomes worthless as people will stop trying to wade through the garbage. Therefore we take a dim view of advertising in any manner.

A businessman looking for more friends. Single and outgoing. Singaporean. I am looking for nice people from any country to chat up with.