Singapore Expats

Aborted Pregnancy: Stillborn @ 27 wks / 6 mths

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.

Post by Guest » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 6:42 pm

i was 27wks into pregnancy... my bb boy's heartbeat ceased at least 3 days ago, detected during my regular gynae cek-up 180506... but why?

i was devastated, i cried like mad... why did it happeded? why me? why my bb?

prior to that, my gynae ord advised me to go on bed-rest, which i did, went on non-pay leave till due... he mentioned, i was too stressed, there was some blood resistence in my bb's fetal body, womb/uterus/tummy too tight too low, high chance of premature... oso due to my weight, perhaps i took too much milk haha.. but all my blood/urine test results were norm... i was due for cek-up every fortnightly since 25wks... but why?

like i've read from some www, my bb couldnt have juz drop dead! but i didnt notice anything fishy either... no doubt since 4 mths pregnant, i've yet to feel my bb's kicks which i shld but nvr... my previous gynae cek-up & scans, he said my bb's fine growth was ave norm, my tummy juz dont ballon like others, compact pregnancy? but why?

so, i was admitted to hospital to induce delivery, unsuccessful aft 4 days, ran me thru numerous blood tests, results were norm i was ok... but why?

doc sent me home to wait for a wk++ then re-admit to repeat induce procedure... can u imagine e trauma i had went thru waiting?

300506 i was re-admitted, they inserted some hydro materials into my vagina to dilate cervix, then the medicine to induce contractions for delivery...
finally, e very faithful nite, e contraction pain started & lasted for 2 hrs, considered short & he was small...
i finally understood excruciating, labour pain which all mothers had to endure b4 delivering their bb...

i was told not to even take a last look at him, my bb, body & limbs fully formed awaiting 2b thrashed or perserved by the hospital's protocol... we did not opt for autopsy 2b done on him, neither did we engage burial services... my gynae advised to treat this as accident & not let it haunt me... it was nobody's fault, i shld mourn & greive & get over it... so long as i was healthy for future pregnancy...

but me, i suffered for nothing, went home empty-handed...

i wanna thx my hubby for his unconditional love, strength & support thru his presence...
(he was supposed to be on flight to japan for work on that faithful evening, so i went cek-up alone, he was called back while on e way to airport).

i wanna thx my frds & relatives who showered us w/their rgds w/their presence & presents...

= ------ = ------ = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- =

well, anyone who has similar experience whom is open to share? i send my regrets first...

charlotte22

Post by charlotte22 » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 7:15 pm

Hi

My deepest sympathy to you and your husband. I guess it must be your first baby. Be comforted that you have a loving husband and family and friends around you. One never really understands the why and we tend to blame ourselves. But sometimes, it is beyond us and it is really in the hands of our Creator. I went through a miscarriage two years ago. It was my third pregnancy. My first two children were fine and I thought the third should be easier. But I lost the baby quite early on in the pregnancy and it didn't hit me until my doctor told me there was no heartbeat. I really howled and the pain was no less than if it was my only child. My husband was with me and I remember his love and support although he wasn't one to say a lot. I blamed myself for not taking more care. But I realised that somethings are really not in our control. In my darkest moment, I felt at the same time the deepest love, not only from my family but a peace that could only come from God. I know I will know why later. Take care. You will have other children (as I did when I delivered again last year) and the pain will ease with time.

angi_wee

Post by angi_wee » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 4:25 pm

thx for e comfort, charlotte22... =)

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Alfalfa » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 4:51 pm

Dear Guest,

I sympathize with you and your hubby..

I have a story to share though.... I had a friend who did not know that her baby was lifeless in her for about ??? days and she felt like she wanted to divocate one day and she fainted even before she got there.. They sent her to the hospital and and it appears that the dead foetus has been in there too long and her blood has poisoned somehow and she passed away.. ho w sad is that right...

So my dear friend be strong least you are there to have another.. whilst my friend prefers to go along with the baby.... be strong sweetie.. everything happens for a reason I believe..
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

angi_wee

Post by angi_wee » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:37 pm

Alfalfa, sorry 2 hear bout ur frd...

i heard from my doc, e bb could reside in uterus bout a mth b4 he could intoxicate e blood in mother...

i guess i was somehow more fortunate to have discovered early & managed to deliver in time...

thx 4 sharing...

angi_wee

Re: Aborted Pregnancy: Stillborn @ 27 wks / 6 mths

Post by angi_wee » Mon, 04 Jul 2005 5:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:Aborted Pregnancy: Stillborn @ 27 wks / 6 mths

i was 27wks into pregnancy... my bb boy's heartbeat ceased at least 3 days ago, detected during my regular gynae cek-up 180506... but why?

i was devastated, i cried like mad... why did it happeded? why me? why my bb?

prior to that, my gynae ord advised me to go on bed-rest, which i did, went on non-pay leave till due... he mentioned, i was too stressed, there was some blood resistence in my bb's fetal body, womb/uterus/tummy too tight too low, high chance of premature... oso due to my weight, perhaps i took too much milk haha.. but all my blood/urine test results were norm... i was due for cek-up every fortnightly since 25wks... but why?

like i've read from some www, my bb couldnt have juz drop dead! but i didnt notice anything fishy either... no doubt since 4 mths pregnant, i've yet to feel my bb's kicks which i shld but nvr... my previous gynae cek-up & scans, he said my bb's fine growth was ave norm, my tummy juz dont ballon like others, compact pregnancy? but why?

so, i was admitted to hospital to induce delivery, unsuccessful aft 4 days, ran me thru numerous blood tests, results were norm i was ok... but why?

doc sent me home to wait for a wk++ then re-admit to repeat induce procedure... can u imagine e trauma i had went thru waiting?

300506 i was re-admitted, they inserted some hydro materials into my vagina to dilate cervix, then the medicine to induce contractions for delivery...
finally, e very faithful nite, e contraction pain started & lasted for 2 hrs, considered short & he was small...
i finally understood excruciating, labour pain which all mothers had to endure b4 delivering their bb...

i was told not to even take a last look at him, my bb, body & limbs fully formed awaiting 2b thrashed or perserved by the hospital's protocol... we did not opt for autopsy 2b done on him, neither did we engage burial services... my gynae advised to treat this as accident & not let it haunt me... it was nobody's fault, i shld mourn & greive & get over it... so long as i was healthy for future pregnancy...

but me, i suffered for nothing, went home empty-handed...

i want to thx my hubby for his unconditional love, strength & support thru his presence...
(he was supposed to be on flight to japan for work on that faithful evening, so i went cek-up alone, he was called back while on e way to airport).

i want to thx my frds & relatives who showered us w/their rgds w/their presence & presents...

= ------ = ------ = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- = ----- =

well, anyone who has similar experience whom is open to share? i send my regrets first...
yours truly, angi_wee

Post by Guest » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 8:55 am

So sorry and sadden, to read about your experience. Trust and pray that you and your family can and will recover from this tragic one and be blessed of your heart's desire in the future.
Need to be strong to rebuild your body...Man cannot explain..the whys in our life.

Support group Singapore

Post by Support group Singapore » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:37 am

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear your story-you never know the ways of God and must trust that this was the right thing to happen. I don't agree with the way the hospital handled this, but then many of them aren't skilled to provide the right emotional support.
Please visit this site and contact the Child Bereavement Support Group of Singapore, a non-profit group formed by parents who have all gone through the experience of losing a child, before of after birth.

http://www.childbereavementsupport.org.sg/

They can help you with your necessary grieving and provide you with a network.
BTW, Bach Flower remedies can help you with the shock and pain, you could try taking Rescue Remedy-it's very good for situations like these.

Blessings!

lienweisz

Post by lienweisz » Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:11 pm

It is really devastating to lose your future baby! Hopefully next time you'll have a better and healthier pregnancy.