Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 1:59 pm

tush222 wrote:
Tue, 01 Sep 2020 1:25 pm
Thanks for your inputs,
I am an Australian citizen by conferral.
Just wondering to ask regarding your comment on the " perceived as a PR collector" I have a colleague who is PR for last 20 years but not willing to take citizenship. So why SG government not forcing those PR holders to take Singapore citizenship?
thanks.
It may be examples like that which may have made ICA to tighten up the policies. But as long as they stay in SG permanently and contribute to SG, it is still OK rather than someone who has 2-3 PR's/Citizenship's and suddenly leave SG for good.

Also to clarify PR collector is someone who has PR or SC or 2 or more countries. Is your colleague having PR of 2 or more countries? I dont think so. Also in your case, you already have been granted Aus CZN and now you are trying to apply for SG PR and hence you may be viewed as a collector. So it is not right to compare your case with your colleague.

Also to note there was sometime during REP renewal, PR holders are encouraged to take up citizenship. If that was offered and they didnt take up, then if ever in future there are put in a situation where they are out of SG for few years, etc- it will be close to impossible to get SC in future. ICA remembers all that has happened in one's application along the way.

ginza7788

Post by ginza7788 » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:07 pm

Hi! appreciate the review of my application :D

Race : Chinese
Nationality : Filipino
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Buddhist
Education : Degree in Legal Management from top university in the Philippines
Current position : Legal Consultant for a Private Healthcare Practice (podiatry)
Length of stay : 4 years +
No of tax return : 3
Salary : Basic 60k~
Pass : EP

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:29 pm

ginza7788 wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:07 pm
Hi! appreciate the review of my application :D

Race : Chinese
Nationality : Filipino
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Buddhist
Education : Degree in Legal Management from top university in the Philippines
Current position : Legal Consultant for a Private Healthcare Practice (podiatry)
Length of stay : 4 years +
No of tax return : 3
Salary : Basic 60k~
Pass : EP
I'd say a reasonable chance. Ethnicity is right, age is young and industry seems to be something Singapore will be looking more into for the future.

Go ahead and apply. Please let us know.

And good luck!

audreysm

Post by audreysm » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:31 pm

Does anyone know if it's still possible to appeal a PR rejection and the process? There's nothing online about the process and the automated chatbot simply tells me to start a fresh application.

EDIT: The FAQs says this...

Question:
How do I submit an appeal after my Permanent Resident (PR) application is rejected?

Answer:
Each PR application is carefully considered and reviewed before a decision is made. If you are still interested to be considered for PR, please submit a fresh application online through ICA’s e-Service after six months.

So I guess it's not possible anymore? :(

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 3:11 pm

audreysm wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:31 pm
Does anyone know if it's still possible to appeal a PR rejection and the process? There's nothing online about the process and the automated chatbot simply tells me to start a fresh application.

Question:
How do I submit an appeal after my Permanent Resident (PR) application is rejected?

Answer:
Each PR application is carefully considered and reviewed before a decision is made. If you are still interested to be considered for PR, please submit a fresh application online through ICA’s e-Service after six months.

There used to be an email address floating around which you could email but I can't seem to find it
Failing that, I guess you could contact them via their feedback form
https://www.ica.gov.sg/feedbackform

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 3:33 pm

audreysm wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 12:31 pm

Question:

Answer:

To be honest, appeals does not make any difference unless you missed out something big in the main application. Else, you are just wasting your time. The same is true, if you reapply as a new application after 6 months with no significant change in your application.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:12 am

tush222 wrote:
Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:57 am
Hi Friends,
I am planning to apply PR with my family and like to know the chance of approval. Please help to provide your valuable inputs based on your experience in this forum.

Race: Indian
Current citizenship: Australian
Marital Status: Married
Education: PhD from Australia
Job: Research and Technology
Field of work: Medical Company
Length of stay in Singapore: 1.8 years
Income Tax Assessment: 1 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 18 Years
Salary:140k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife on DP -Working as a Pre-school English Teacher
- Daughter - 7-year-old (Born in Australia)
- Son- 3-year-old (Born in Australia)

Your inputs on my post are highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help.
Extremely low due to Australian citizenship and Indian Race.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

daria1

Post by daria1 » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:47 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:12 am
Why is Australian citizen low? Prima facie caucasian bucket?? Or are you referring to Australian and Indian - collecting residencies i.e. moved to Au later in life, gathered citizenship and now moving to the next one??

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:16 am

daria1 wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:47 am
PNGMK wrote:
Why is Australian citizen low? Prima facie caucasian bucket?? Or are you referring to Australian and Indian - collecting residencies i.e. moved to Au later in life, gathered citizenship and now moving to the next one??
General sense on this forum is that certain nationalities are trying to play the "collect as many PR" as possible... not with the aim to put down roots, but to try and pick out "the best".
Singapore doesn't like that. It's a small country and doesn't need to deal with that kind of, I might if I feel like it kind of attitude.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:40 am

daria1 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Daria - TE has it right but I'd add that ICA are aware that Indian's have been using Singapore as a stepping stone to USA due to the US having a FTA with Singapore and an underused H1B1 category (but so does Australia under E2 or E3 I think). But remember the principal reason ICA give out PR now is to generate growth in PAP voting citizens. A person who already has two passports is not likely to give them both up for a Singapore passport...now if I am mistaken and you only have Australian pp now there is still a strong argument (and it's backed by stats) that Aussie PR's rarely convert to SC - I am one and I know quite a few others who will never become SC and that's not what ICA really want.

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:37 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:40 am
daria1 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Daria - TE has it right but I'd add that ICA are aware that Indian's have been using Singapore as a stepping stone to USA due to the US having a FTA with Singapore and an underused H1B1 category (but so does Australia under E2 or E3 I think). But remember the principal reason ICA give out PR now is to generate growth in PAP voting citizens. A person who already has two passports is not likely to give them both up for a Singapore passport...now if I am mistaken and you only have Australian pp now there is still a strong argument (and it's backed by stats) that Aussie PR's rarely convert to SC - I am one and I know quite a few others who will never become SC and that's not what ICA really want.
I wonder what leads to this blanket assumption that those who have obtained citizenship other than by birth would vote PAP. There is no reason why any new citizen would vote for the PAP more than any other citizen of a similar socio-economic standing. (Though it is true that the socioeconomic standing is likely to be somewhat better off given that it is a criteria in granting them citizenship).
I have in fact met many such new citizen opposition voters in greater proportion than the average populace. Their gripes and inclinations, after all, aren't that different from other singaporeans, given that most have been here for the better part of their lives and many are married to local-born singaporeans.

This seems to be something of a convenient drum-beating statement used a lot off late by disgruntled pro-opposition online commenters, especially citing places such as the east coast. If one did the math behind the claims, it is far from being plausible.
I hope the opposition parties, especially those who have gained greater prominence recently, actively garner support from these new citizens and win them over to their side, instead of alienating them further by encouraging such antagonistic statements which would be contrary to their interests.T

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 7:01 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:37 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:40 am
daria1 wrote:

I wonder what leads to this blanket assumption that those who have obtained citizenship other than by birth would vote PAP. There is no reason why any new citizen would vote for the PAP more than any other citizen of a similar socio-economic standing. (Though it is true that the socioeconomic standing is likely to be somewhat better off given that it is a criteria in granting them citizenship).
I have in fact met many such new citizen opposition voters in greater proportion than the average populace. Their gripes and inclinations, after all, aren't that different from other singaporeans, given that most have been here for the better part of their lives and many are married to local-born singaporeans.

This seems to be something of a convenient drum-beating statement used a lot off late by disgruntled pro-opposition online commenters, especially citing places such as the east coast. If one did the math behind the claims, it is far from being plausible.
I hope the opposition parties, especially those who have gained greater prominence recently, actively garner support from these new citizens and win them over to their side, instead of alienating them further by encouraging such antagonistic statements which would be contrary to their interests.T
Polling I believe has shown this to be true. I can't cite it but that is my understanding. Also there is some logic.... the oppo are NOT in favour of increased or even current level migration.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:22 pm

I believe (and I could be wrong) there was some study somewhere that looked at recent citizens to (was it?) the UK a while back that basically tried to determine characteristics of these new voters, and it found that basically they were more conservative in their politics.
I think they were referring to citizens through standard immigration rather than via the asylum route.

whitesneakers

Post by whitesneakers » Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:55 am

hi, first time to write in this forum, hope someone can give a sensing of our application. we submitted last july.
wife - 36yo Fil, 8yrs in SG, spass, 63k salary, social service sector
husband - 28yo Swiss, 1 yr in SG, spass, 66k salary, construction mnc, regional tech mgr

and just curious, what are the common profiles of recently approved applicants? Thanks in advance.
Stay happy, stay positive. Trust in God's timing. :D

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Sep 2020 11:01 am

whitesneakers wrote:
Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:55 am
hi, first time to write in this forum, hope someone can give a sensing of our application. we submitted last july.
wife - 36yo Fil, 8yrs in SG, spass, 63k salary, social service sector
husband - 28yo Swiss, 1 yr in SG, spass, 66k salary, construction mnc, regional tech mgr

and just curious, what are the common profiles of recently approved applicants? Thanks in advance.
Based on what you have said, chance is going to be very low