Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
pepapp

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by pepapp » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 4:18 pm

Has anyone with a recent approval gone ahead and issued the PEP? I'm planning to do so shortly and was wondering how long the issuance and card delivery takes. Thanks!

mikegrande

Post by mikegrande » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:50 pm

Hi all,

First time user and poster here. I recently applied for PEP on 24 July for myself and DP for my wife and 17 month old son at the same time.

I realized after submission, that I put 60 months instead of 36 months for my wife and son's Dependent Pass application. Should I reapply for my wife and son?

My profile:
- Me: US National; Wife: South Korea National; Son: US National
- Lived in SG since Aug 2017
- Work at US Multi-national with monthly salary $20K+
- Wife and I are both Masters holders, mine in Business and hers in Social Sciences from internationally recognized schools

Thank you all in advance.

tacdou

Post by tacdou » Sat, 08 Aug 2020 8:42 am

max 36 mths why bother reapply.
mikegrande wrote:
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:50 pm
Hi all,

First time user and poster here. I recently applied for PEP on 24 July for myself and DP for my wife and 17 month old son at the same time.

I realized after submission, that I put 60 months instead of 36 months for my wife and son's Dependent Pass application. Should I reapply for my wife and son?

My profile:
- Me: US National; Wife: South Korea National; Son: US National
- Lived in SG since Aug 2017
- Work at US Multi-national with monthly salary $20K+
- Wife and I are both Masters holders, mine in Business and hers in Social Sciences from internationally recognized schools

Thank you all in advance.

kirpi_e

Post by kirpi_e » Mon, 17 Aug 2020 8:43 pm

Hi All,

Have applied for PEP on 17/06 trusting that the processing time is 8 weeks.. and arranged a flight on 25 August.. right at the end of 9 weeks ..

Just want to know how long latest PEP approvals take? Any experiences?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:08 pm

How long is a piece of string? Hope you have a Plan B in place.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kirpi_e

Post by kirpi_e » Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:08 pm
Plan B is going back. If the approval comes on my absence, I will stick on IPA document and ask for extensions.
I shall also wait for my PR application outcome.

But really it would be good to hear if any of June applicants received approvals...

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 9:30 am

kirpi_e wrote:
Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:42 pm
Plan B is going back. If the approval comes on my absence, I will stick on IPA document and ask for extensions.

But really it would be good to hear if any of June applicants received approvals...
Have you got your landing approval yet? My understanding is that all prospective arrivals need to submit a request to arrive in Singapore (no matter what visa/pass they hold). If you don't apply, they will just turn you straight around (at your own cost).
https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... y-measures
"Wait for MOM's approval. Once you have obtained our approval, you should confirm the flight/transport immediately. "

kirpi_e

Post by kirpi_e » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:21 am

TropicalExpat wrote:
Tue, 18 Aug 2020 9:30 am
kirpi_e wrote:

Have you got your landing approval yet? My understanding is that all prospective arrivals need to submit a request to arrive in Singapore (no matter what visa/pass they hold). If you don't apply, they will just turn you straight around (at your own cost).
"Wait for MOM's approval. Once you have obtained our approval, you should confirm the flight/transport immediately. "
I think there is a misunderstanding.. I am currently in Singapore under STVP, expiring on 25 August.
What i wanted to say, if worst comes to worst, I go back to my country and wait for approval there.

What i needed to know, although it says 8 weeks , it is 9th week today and If anyone in forum applied 2nd half June and have received their response for PEP.

THank you.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:23 pm

kirpi_e wrote:
Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:21 am
TropicalExpat wrote:
Tue, 18 Aug 2020 9:30 am
kirpi_e wrote:

I think there is a misunderstanding.. I am currently in Singapore under STVP, expiring on 25 August.
What i wanted to say, if worst comes to worst, I go back to my country and wait for approval there.

What i needed to know, although it says 8 weeks , it is 9th week today and If anyone in forum applied 2nd half June and have received their response for PEP.

THank you.
If you are waiting on the outcome in-country, then contact ICA to request an extension. Given the circumstances, I imagine they would view the extension favourably, even if the final outcome is unsuccessful.

kirpi_e

Post by kirpi_e » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:41 pm

[/quote]

If you are waiting on the outcome in-country, then contact ICA to request an extension. Given the circumstances, I imagine they would view the extension favourably, even if the final outcome is unsuccessful.
[/quote]

Thank you for the advice. This would be the correct way to proceed if my son didn't need to start school.. Unfortunately we need to go back for his schooling..

kirpi_e

Post by kirpi_e » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 7:02 pm

Just an update;

After calling today MOM for status of application, the officer on the phone informed me that he will raise an "expedite" request. But he also mentioned that, it gives no warranty for quicker processing.

But today just 15 minutes ago PEP for me and DP for my family is approved.

So as a reference for other applicants;

17/06/2020 application, 18/08/2020 approval.

Good luck to all.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 9:25 pm

kirpi_e wrote:
Tue, 18 Aug 2020 7:02 pm
Just an update;

After calling today MOM for status of application, the officer on the phone informed me that he will raise an "expedite" request. But he also mentioned that, it gives no warranty for quicker processing.

But today just 15 minutes ago PEP for me and DP for my family is approved.

So as a reference for other applicants;

17/06/2020 application, 18/08/2020 approval.

Good luck to all.
Nice one! Congrats!

abc_74

Post by abc_74 » Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:42 pm

I have been closely following this forum and it has given me great insights into the PEP process. Wanted to check if there are any June applications that are still pending. I have seen two that have been approved already.

Thanks

peppa_123

Post by peppa_123 » Fri, 28 Aug 2020 9:42 pm

21/06/2020 here, also still pending.

abc_74

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:39 am

Thanks .. please go give an update if you get the outcome