Singapore Expats

Pr approved but Unable to produce original birth cert

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
WCF

Pr approved but Unable to produce original birth cert

Post by WCF » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:43 am

Hi, I hope to get some advise from here. I’ve gotten my Pr ipa letter and lock my appointment date on next Tuesday but sadly realised that my original birth cert left in my hometown.
I know it’s silly but still wanted to ask can I produce scan copy or photocopy birth cert during the formalities?? Due to covid-19 pandemic and not too sure if postman able to deliver the cert on time/before the deadline of my formalities...
Will my formalities got rejected later on because of unable produce the original birth cert?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Pr approved but Unable to produce original birth cert

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:36 am

WCF wrote:
Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:43 am
Hi, I hope to get some advise from here. I’ve gotten my Pr ipa letter and lock my appointment date on next Tuesday but sadly realised that my original birth cert left in my hometown.
I know it’s silly but still wanted to ask can I produce scan copy or photocopy birth cert during the formalities?? Due to covid-19 pandemic and not too sure if postman able to deliver the cert on time/before the deadline of my formalities...
Will my formalities got rejected later on because of unable produce the original birth cert?
Email ICA and ask. No one here can say if a photocopy of the birth cert is acceptable by ICA. Why dont you change the appointment to an alternative date and arrange to get the document via safe courier? Courier Services are working these days

satheesh Rengaiah

Post by satheesh Rengaiah » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 11:58 am

Hi,
Its better to change the appointment and get the birth cert through courier service, which you can receive in a week time.
Good Luck and cheers

aviciii

Post by aviciii » Mon, 13 Jul 2020 1:02 am

Dont worry, i faced the same issue as you two months back, i did emailed ICA ,they replied they will look into the matter but never gotten a response from them after. On my formalities appointment day on april 2020, I told the officer i do not have the original copy of birth cert, she seems to understand very quickly and just ask me to sign and write a short sentence of acknowledgement that due to the covid's disruption i am unable to retrieve my birth cert. and completed formalities and gotten my blue nric in two weeks.

Kindlee

Post by Kindlee » Mon, 20 Jul 2020 6:37 pm

Hi, I faced the same issue here. I registered for courier service but it seems like my parcel is still stucked at my hometown after 4 days. Called ica and they ask me to write in to ask for extension. worst to worst, i will just go for appointment without original birth cert =(

gpk1122

Post by gpk1122 » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:44 pm

I was surprised I am not the only one facing this issue.
I already got my parents to post my original birth cert and hope it could be delivered before my booked appointment with ICA. I booked one week before the deadline of the IPA letter.

gpk1122

Post by gpk1122 » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:47 pm

aviciii wrote:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 1:02 am
Dont worry, i faced the same issue as you two months back, i did emailed ICA ,they replied they will look into the matter but never gotten a response from them after. On my formalities appointment day on april 2020, I told the officer i do not have the original copy of birth cert, she seems to understand very quickly and just ask me to sign and write a short sentence of acknowledgement that due to the covid's disruption i am unable to retrieve my birth cert. and completed formalities and gotten my blue nric in two weeks.
Thank you for the sharing.
I have a question regarding the documents to be obtained after the PR formalities done, happened to see that some mentioned about the RP and REP will be issuance right?
Want to ask if a collection slip for the blue IC will be given on the same day?

As I just got enrolled into NUS degree course, and I would like to update my residency status to PR and blue IC collection slip seems to be one of the document that I can prove to the registration office that I got my residency status changed from EP to SPR as it does affect my tuition fee quite a lot.

YugiChala

Post by YugiChala » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:24 am

Yes, the collection slip will be given on the same day as your appointment for completion of PR formalities.

gpk1122

Post by gpk1122 » Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:17 am

Kindlee wrote:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 6:37 pm
Hi, I faced the same issue here. I registered for courier service but it seems like my parcel is still stucked at my hometown after 4 days. Called ica and they ask me to write in to ask for extension. worst to worst, i will just go for appointment without original birth cert =(
Hi I’m wondering did ICA get back to you regarding the extension of the IPA letter?

Kindlee

Post by Kindlee » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 2:00 pm

Hi ica did reply me. They give me 2 months extension. May I know what courier service u used? Don't use citylink. My birth cert has been stuck in hq for 3 weeks. I'm thinking of just going for the appointment and try my luck

Kindlee

Post by Kindlee » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 2:27 pm

WCF wrote:
Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:43 am
May I know whether u got your original birth cert? Or are u able to get pr without original birth cert?

gpk1122

Post by gpk1122 » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 7:23 pm

Kindlee wrote:
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 2:00 pm
Hi ica did reply me. They give me 2 months extension. May I know what courier service u used? Don't use citylink. My birth cert has been stuck in hq for 3 weeks. I'm thinking of just going for the appointment and try my luck
Hi, are you from Malaysia? If you are, I can recommend you Skynet, and never use GDEX.
I ordered some items via GDEX and it took more than a month to be delivered.

Luckily I used Skynet for my birth cert delivery and my original birth cert arrived Singapore within 3 working days, however, I posted from JB so maybe other states might need to expect for additional 1-2 days for it to deliver.

SinPr

Post by SinPr » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 2:39 am

Any advise on if I misplace my company letters, annex form and payslip? Coz recently move things from office to home and I think I misplaced them. All current office documents, do u think they would accept if I get my director to reissue the letters and fill the form again?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 5:54 pm

SinPr wrote:
Sat, 18 Sep 2021 2:39 am
Any advise on if I misplace my company letters, annex form and payslip? Coz recently move things from office to home and I think I misplaced them. All current office documents, do u think they would accept if I get my director to reissue the letters and fill the form again?
explain to ICA, should be OK