Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Post by M » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:51 am

jaymee wrote:to those who made it through to the next SIA round, may i know if we need to be in formal wear? it is a swimsuit round after all, but i dun want to risk being underdressed.... thanx in advance!
Congratulations! I just wondering too. Are the ladies on Wednesday or earlier? I reckon earlier eh! :lol:

M

Post by M » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:33 pm

DID U MAKE IT M? :)

JaS

Post by JaS » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:46 pm

jaymee when is yr 2nd round?

knockknock

Post by knockknock » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:00 pm

anyone here?

M

Post by M » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:01 pm

M wrote:DID U MAKE IT M? :)
Hmmm another M? Yeah I did and round 2 is scheduled for Wednesday. :shock:

to-m

Post by to-m » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:09 pm

did u declare on your appln form that you applied previously m? :shock:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:12 pm

congrats M!! =D where r the interviews held? all at different locations?

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:28 pm

hi guys, very suprised to see the enthusiastic response by all... :D i shall put all misperception to rest today, haha. i am NOT tall or beautiful, but well spoken. in my group the academic ones (uni grads) and the beautiful ones(perfect skin and pretty eyes) were kicked out after the first round!?! so i am seriously perplexed at what SIA are looing for... the questions were tough but cliche and the whole experience is certainly more difficult than i thought... but luck is on my side maybe?! generally, only 20% of the population on the first day of interview made it to the second day so be prepared... the odds are obviously against u.

back to my dilema... the water confidence test is on thurs for me, muz we dress formally? please advise...

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:35 pm

jaymee wrote:hi guys, very suprised to see the enthusiastic response by all... :D i shall put all misperception to rest today, haha. i am NOT tall or beautiful, but well spoken. in my group the academic ones (uni grads) and the beautiful ones(perfect skin and pretty eyes) were kicked out after the first round!?! so i am seriously perplexed at what SIA are looing for... the questions were tough but cliche and the whole experience is certainly more difficult than i thought... but luck is on my side maybe?! generally, only 20% of the population on the first day of interview made it to the second day so be prepared... the odds are obviously against u.

back to my dilema... the water confidence test is on thurs for me, muz we dress formally? please advise...
Nah, i bet u ve smthing they're looking for.. eloquence maybe.. :)

arent u a uni grad then? no?

M

Post by M » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:36 pm

to-m wrote:did u declare on your appln form that you applied previously m? :shock:
Hmm I just realised that I did not declare that as I used back my previous application form. Only realised it when you mentioned about it.
shopaholic wrote:congrats M!! =D where r the interviews held? all at different locations?
Shop, it's still at SIA training centre if ya is talking about SQ and not Silkair application. That day is allocated for a psychometric test followed by a water confidence test. And they also did mention about uniform fit for that day though I think it's only halfway through the process now. :lol:

M

Post by M » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:37 pm

jaymee wrote:hi guys, very suprised to see the enthusiastic response by all... :D i shall put all misperception to rest today, haha. i am NOT tall or beautiful, but well spoken. in my group the academic ones (uni grads) and the beautiful ones(perfect skin and pretty eyes) were kicked out after the first round!?! so i am seriously perplexed at what SIA are looing for... the questions were tough but cliche and the whole experience is certainly more difficult than i thought... but luck is on my side maybe?! generally, only 20% of the population on the first day of interview made it to the second day so be prepared... the odds are obviously against u.

Not sure about the dress code for round 2 which I failed to ask when I went back again. On the safe side, probably formal wear? :shock:

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:39 pm

yup, i have a Bsc in economics but barely scraped thru uni... haha. if they base their selection on uni results i surely wont make it. anyways, wat they are looking for will always remain a mystery within this forum, u reckon?

Post by Guest » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 1:43 pm

Congrats Jaymee! I tink u are humble lor... bet yur proportion is reallie good? Are u above 160cm? To mi, 160 or slightly more is quite perfect alreadie.. coz if too tall den den u will put down the stewards, who are not too tall afterall... =D

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:36 pm

jaymee wrote:yup, i have a Bsc in economics but barely scraped thru uni... haha. if they base their selection on uni results i surely wont make it. anyways, wat they are looking for will always remain a mystery within this forum, u reckon?
Yupz, agree.. the ones who made it usually are clueless to how they get selected.. the ones who dun however hear so many diff stories that they end up getting even more confused n bewildered then ever..

if i were u jaymee, i'll wear formal.. put on WATERPROOF mascara n EYELINER.. wldnt want two black streaks on my face after a dip in the pool.. Good Luck!!

silly

Post by silly » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:29 pm

I am relieved! Got thru the first round. Praying very hard for the next round. My biggest worry was the height component, which I really gotta Thank God that it wasnt an issue at all. I was measured at 159 today when I though I was 157 or 158!

However, I understand that at the Kebaya round, they will take your height again. So Im praying hard I will pass the height test. Wana thank all the contributors to this forum, who provided all the tips and own experiences.

One question, the Kebaya round, does it include wearing the SIA sandals also?

Ganbatte Gals!