Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
veezzee

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by veezzee » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 7:03 pm

How long has it been for you living in Singapore ? Asking if that’s a criteria, since there were others on this thread that I thought had applied before you and awaiting a response still?
Recently moved into Singapore. So kinda perfect stranger to the city! Looking for a move to move in between Aug 25th - Sep 1st.

santynar

Post by santynar » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 7:32 pm

I submitted my PEP application on 13th April and it's still pending, just like others in this thread. Has anyone had luck by talking to the call center folks?

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 8:16 pm

pepapp wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 6:59 pm
Hi all - wanted to provide a quick update because this forum has been very helpful. My PEP was approved on Friday last week after a little less than 11 weeks. I did set up an appointment at MOM that week and voiced over the fact that they had indicated it would be expedited for a few weeks. I'm not sure if that's the reason it was approved, but the person I spoke to was talking directly to the officer who processes applications while I was there. Good luck to all and stay positive!
So you mean to say you went to MOM's office and spoke to a person there that helped you expedite your application? And when you said they processed your application when you were there, it got approved on the spot?

Ours is still pending up to now and we applied April 3rd :(
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

pepapp

Post by pepapp » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 9:53 pm

No I spoke to a person there who said he was talking to the actual reviewer (via chat on his computer). The approval came a few days later. They didn't process anything when I was there but said that I didn't need to provide any additional documents.

LuluLily wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 8:16 pm
pepapp wrote:
Hi all - wanted to provide a quick update because this forum has been very helpful. My PEP was approved on Friday last week after a little less than 11 weeks. I did set up an appointment at MOM that week and voiced over the fact that they had indicated it would be expedited for a few weeks. I'm not sure if that's the reason it was approved, but the person I spoke to was talking directly to the officer who processes applications while I was there. Good luck to all and stay positive!
So you mean to say you went to MOM's office and spoke to a person there that helped you expedite your application? And when you said they processed your application when you were there, it got approved on the spot?

veezzee

Post by veezzee » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 10:43 pm

Sonny_76 wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 1:05 pm
yes sorry, 3rd of April :)
@Sonny_76, Any luck so far with your application?
Recently moved into Singapore. So kinda perfect stranger to the city! Looking for a move to move in between Aug 25th - Sep 1st.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 9:46 am

pepapp wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 9:53 pm
No I spoke to a person there who said he was talking to the actual reviewer (via chat on his computer). The approval came a few days later. They didn't process anything when I was there but said that I didn't need to provide any additional documents.
Congratulations to you! :)
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Arbor

Post by Arbor » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:09 am

Fantastic news! Did you get any call before? I'm worrying that if the officer needs to reach me out and I'm abroad waiting in Spain we won't be able to communicate.

Arbor

Post by Arbor » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:15 am

pepapp wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 9:53 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 8:16 pm
pepapp wrote:

The person I spoke with also sent a note to the officer in charge right there. Didn't mention anything about chatting in real-time though, but may have been the case. Although I asked him to attach a sad-eyed kitty photo and he laughed saying "not how it works, unfortunately". They prob have an internal messaging system indeed.

kranperry

Post by kranperry » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 3:07 pm

Hey folks, I just wanted to update this thread with some data.

Applied PEP on 15-Apr-2020 and my wife's DP this Sunday (28-Jun). Both were just approved and I got the email from MOM just now.

santynar

Post by santynar » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:36 pm

kranperry wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 3:07 pm

Applied PEP on 15-Apr-2020 and my wife's DP this Sunday (28-Jun). Both were just approved and I got the email from MOM just now.
Congrats @kranperry. Did you have to contact MoM via phone before your application got approved?

kranperry

Post by kranperry » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 9:34 pm

@santynar Yes. I had used the online form to send an enquiry to MOM (about 8 days ago). I got a call from them (last friday). It got approved today.

santynar

Post by santynar » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 10:52 am

kranperry wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 9:34 pm
@santynar Yes. I had used the online form to send an enquiry to MOM (about 8 days ago). I got a call from them (last friday). It got approved today.
Thanks a lot @kranperry. Appreciate the quick response.

pepapp

Post by pepapp » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 3:27 pm

Great to hear! Looks like the April application approvals are coming through now.
kranperry wrote:

Gucci_Dior

Post by Gucci_Dior » Thu, 02 Jul 2020 12:01 pm

kranperry wrote:

Hello Kranperry. First, congratulations! It must have been a roller coaster ride waiting for the approval to come.

When you applied for the PEP, did you by chance, been with the same employer for 6 months or above? I am asking because i also submitted mine on 18-May2020. However, during that period I was just on my 5th month. I am not sure if it matters. I read somewhere that it is important that you were working for more than 6months with the same employer. What are the factors that will make a PEP application rejected? Is it published somewhere? What’s the approval rate of PEP the past few months since CB? Any thoughts from anyone in this forum is greatly appreciated.

I have been working in Singapore since 2014 and been employed with 3 different employers all in banking industry.

I wanted to get the PEP this year because I got scared of the possible retrenchments due to the effect of the pandemic. I am just managing the risks i can control. Moreover, I am applying for my PR which is all ready for submission as my next step.

I am looking forward to my turn to get a PEP approved.

Sonny_76

Post by Sonny_76 » Thu, 02 Jul 2020 9:38 pm

veezzee wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 10:43 pm
Sonny_76 wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 1:05 pm
yes sorry, 3rd of April :)
@Sonny_76, Any luck so far with your application?
Yes, got the Approval today :)

so I hope @lululily is also approved , as applied at the same time....