Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
BA

Post by BA » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:01 pm

I want to do breast augmentation(implant)but seem like nobody here has share their experience.Would greatly appreciate personal experience stories.

1.Where the surgery was done
2.The Results
3.The Pain
4.The Cost
5.The After effect
6.Healing process

Thanks!

Guest1

BA

Post by Guest1 » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:30 pm

I am also considering breast augmentation. I don't care about cost, I just want the very best doctor.

Went to see Woffles Wu in Camden because I hear he's "the man"! My impression was that he IS "the man" for facial procedures, but not quite convinced he's the best when it comes to breast augmentation....although he may very well be...

Any advice??

dove

Post by dove » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 2:21 pm

hi there I guess i am not the only asking this ,anyone out there can help us out?I looking for anyone who had done ba in singapore and who is happy about it.I had gone to see 2 ps,one at SGH and another at Genegles.still cant make up my mind.
I have heard alot about Thailand,Dr Amorn Poome and Dr Witoon.Dr teersir at Bumrungrad Hospital but I dont like the ideal of traveling there.So hoping to do it here.

dove

Post by dove » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 2:25 pm

dr wu is so expensive!!!,maybe you should look around first,I had seen dr wong who has many years experience and his price is resonable.I heard he is good with eyelids surg. breast a, have not heard about it so far.

BA

Post by BA » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 3:59 pm

Hi,I really want to do breast augmentation but using cohesive implants or gummy bear which is more natural but was wondering if they have it here in Asia?

dove

Post by dove » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 4:50 pm

Hi I heard it before.I think you can visit this useful forum..JustBreastimplant.com.the ladies there are really helpful.most of them had done their BA,but not in singapore...really hope you can make the right choice.all the best for your resheach!!!!.talk to you again soon.still looking for ps.

BA

Post by BA » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 7:49 pm

http://implantforum.com/sitemap.html#implants

Has a forum but must register(free)except that it's not in Asia.

http://www.baxterplasticsurgery.com/video_main.htm

Video of the doc performing breast augmentation.

BA

Post by BA » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 7:57 pm

http://www.carlaantonelli.com/giffff_op ... cambio.htm

Video of gender change surgery.
WARNING not for the faint hearted :!:

dove

Post by dove » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 9:46 pm

thanks for the site,but I think I will not look at the video.... :?
how? have you decided where to do yours and when?what size are you now and hoping to be ???I am 34AA,still thinkg whether to go aheard and do it.is a very big decision.tell me come is your out come.thanks again.

Post by Guest » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:26 am

Regarding double eyelid surgery...

There are three procedures; stitching/suture technique, open technique and ptosis repair.

Stitching/suture technique is where several stitches are sewn into the upper eyelid to create the fold. No cutting is involved, therefore there will be no scar and the healing period is short. Healing takes three to five days and in a week, it will look natural. There are also no stitches to be removed as the stitches used to create the fold are buried beneath the skin. This method cannot remove fat nor give eyelift. And it may not be permanent.

Open technique involves cutting, to remove excess skin and/or fat. The wounds have to be stitched. And the stitches are removed after a week. It will take months for the double eyelids to look natural. Results are permanent. This method gives eyelift. There will be a visible scar.

Ptosis repair is where the open technique is carried first, to the point through and including the removal of fat. Once exposed, the levator aponeurosis can be inspected by the surgeon. The aponeurosis is "tucked" using non-dissolving sutures. It's a complicated procedure. And it's suitable for people with droppy eyelids. The recovery time is probably the same the open technique.

The prices for each procedure vary for different surgeons. Woffles Wu and Martin Huang are definitely the most expensive surgeons around in Singapore.

The technique suitable for you depends on your eyelids and the kind of effect you want to achieve. If you have small eyes with droppy eyelids, the stitching technique won't really work for you, if you want your eyes to be a lot bigger. You should consult a surgeon first to see what you need.

It's probably good to consult different surgeons to see what they have to say and to see which one you're comfortable with.

I will be getting my double eyelids done by Martin Huang soon. I went to various forums and he was mentioned quite a bit. Didn't hear anything negative about him so far. Except that he charges a lot. He was the only surgeon that I consulted. And I decided on him right away because I saw some pictures of the patients he worked on and the results looked good.

Hope all this info helps!

vanillacaramelfudge

Post by vanillacaramelfudge » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:28 am

The previous post was by me.

I had forgotten to log in.

BA

Post by BA » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:49 pm

Dove,

I'm still looking for cohesive implants.I decided that if I were to go for breast augmentation then might as well go for the natural look.I think thailand Bumrungrad hospital offers the best rates .I'm tempted but am so scared!Been reading about the pain after the surgery -sharp shooting pain in the chest,itchiness,numbness and rippling..and it'll take months before the implants start lowering(if go for saline/silicone).What about you?

I did a nose job 10 years ago at Mount E.It wasn't rhinoplasty but narrowing of nostril.Cost me $1500 consultation excluded.Doc was an indian doc(said to be famous there)Anyway my nose didn't change except for 2 holes on both side of my nose and doc kept saying it's different.When asked to show before/after pic of me,he refused.Was quite condescending.Regretted spending money on him.I finally had rhinoplasty in tokyo and a very satifisfied with it.

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:03 am

Hi SG 2005

Sorry for the late reply. My scars haven't disappear till now, they are still there, can see each side is of 2 - 3 stitches, not obvious, but can see if look carefully... Actually Dr Yeap once was thinking whether he need to give me an injection to dissolve the scar, but at the end, he said no need, very minor scar and would be gone if I continue to apply the prescripted cream... but sadly, the cream didn't work a miracle like he mentioned. FYIP.

Rabbit

SG2005 wrote:Did your scars heal?
I have make an appointment with Dr Yeap for cconsultation.
Your bad experience with him frightens me
Rabbit wrote:
Leejan wrote: Hi Stellar ,

Have you been to Dr Yeap Choong Lieng ? Is he good at his work ?

Someone has recommended me to pay him a visit , I am taking to have my jaw line corrected.

Rgds
Leejan
I've done ala reduction (ie reduce size of the nostril) by with Dr. Yeap, the result is: marginal to no improvement, but left me with 2 scar. My unhappy part was the lack of communication, he never drew anything to communicate what will it be like, I was the one that try to draw something and quantify the reduction and all he said in the consultation was "ok / can be done / don't worry". Sigh... my nostril size is not improved at all while I have 2 scars at the corner of my nostril. But he had done quite a lot of case for nose augmentation, I've seen the photo album, you can ask for it if you are going for consultation.

Rabbit

Re: rhinoplasty

Post by Rabbit » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:22 am

Hi Txbman,

Glad that you got such a great result with good $!!! May I know what kind of material is used for the augmentation? artificial bone / implant, or your own cartilage? Sorry for the many questions, many thx!

Rabbit

mine's done by dr. sukit worathamrong @ yanhee hospital, located in bangkok. quality cannot be compromised by low costs but in my case, low costs does not means poor quality. in fact, i feel its great skill complemented by affordable price which makes it value for money. btw, he may advised against alarplasty if he feels it does not make your face proportionate :)[/quote]

cadenzah

double elelid job

Post by cadenzah » Sun, 03 Jul 2005 2:46 pm

I had done my double eyelid jobs 3 years ago. U have to do a good research before u rush for the surgery. Which in my case, is a rush one. Lucky for me, it turns up natural and my eyes looks bigger....but i got a scar ...which the surgeon had advised that is unavoidable. U will only see the small scar when u close your eyes.