Singapore Expats

How the hell do you upload cover letter, testimonials et all in ePR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ritesh_1

Post by ritesh_1 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:34 pm

I just started doing my research on the PR application process and I came across several PR application agencies who claim that they know a 'secret' way of uploading additional documents such as cover letter, testimonials, voluntary work certificates etc. in the ePR system.

I have gone through the step-by-step guide on ICA webiste and I have spoken to some of my friends who have applied already. But I could not find any way to upload these additional documents during the initial submission process! :o ](*,)

Can anyone who has applied though such an agency help shed some light on what are these 'secret'/'hidden' ways of uploading additional docs?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How the hell do you upload cover letter, testimonials et all in ePR?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:43 pm

You cannot. The give you a list of the documents that they want. Anything else is unnecessary. IF, and only if, they want additional docs, they will notify you Exactly What They Want. Trying to send cover letters and testimonials are immaterial to the application. It's not a Job Interview where you can possibly BS you way through. All they want are the facts and the documents they ask for will give them exactly that. The days of throwing shade are over.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:58 pm

ritesh_1 wrote:I just started doing my research on the PR application process and I came across several PR application agencies who claim that they know a 'secret' way of uploading additional documents such as cover letter, testimonials, voluntary work certificates etc. in the ePR system.

I have gone through the step-by-step guide on ICA webiste and I have spoken to some of my friends who have applied already. But I could not find any way to upload these additional documents during the initial submission process! :o ](*,)

Can anyone who has applied though such an agency help shed some light on what are these 'secret'/'hidden' ways of uploading additional docs?
PR approval chance in 2020
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Keep scrolling...

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 1:05 pm

short answer - Cannot.

long answer - I applied recently, the e-PR form has no provision to upload docs that they haven't asked for, i.e. cover letters, reco letters, volunteering proofs etc.
If you try to send these to ICA via email, they will ask you not to bother them with all this unwanted stuff. So just stick to the docs they have mentioned in the list.

ritesh_1

Post by ritesh_1 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 1:24 pm

kozizi wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 1:05 pm
short answer - Cannot.

long answer - I applied recently, the e-PR form has no provision to upload docs that they haven't asked for, i.e. cover letters, reco letters, volunteering proofs etc.
If you try to send these to ICA via email, they will ask you not to bother them with all this unwanted stuff. So just stick to the docs they have mentioned in the list.
Thanks kozizi! I also read your answer in the other thread as pointed out by jamie9vardy.

So, basically these PR agencies are lying SOBs! I am amazed that these guys say that they are professionals and they know a secret way of uploading additional docs with such a straight face!

PS: I would really love to hear the experience of someone who applied through an agency to get a final closure.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 3:53 pm

Those so-called professional agencies also like to advertise extremely high success rates. This is only possible because, if you research deep enough, you will find out that they reserve the right not to file an application for you. They are not allowed to put anything on the application that you don't give them. Therefore they are nothing buy glorified form fillers. The PR application form is easy enough for an N lever holder to fill it out. They only accept clients who have virtually no chance of being rejected. That way, they maintain the high success rate percentages. For that privilege you are expected to pay thousands of dollars that you could have used for a nice vacation to Europe for a week or more. Worse, they are parasites who usually prey on the fears of their own countrymen if you check to see who is the owner or major stockholder of the agency. Save your money. Do it yourself, give ICA "exactly" what they ask for, nothing less (very important), nothing more. They are overwhelmed by BS Artists so, they don't have time for wading through piles of stuff that actually have no bearing on a PR application except in the eyes of the filer.

If the forms ask for are your Degree, don't send them only your transcripts, that's not what they asked for. Take the time to understand what they want and then once you have obtained same then apply otherwise it will just take that much longer as your application is thrown back in the queue waiting for insufficient or incorrect documents.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 3:58 pm

For the process being as simple as it is, a person needing to employ the services of an agency might automatically be a red flag for rejection.

Given all the resources at their disposal, I'm sure they can spot and see through any smoke of overzealous submissions of flowery cover letters and volunteering.

There is no way anyone who offers to help you to know the exact assessment criteria, so the best one can do is to be sincere and trust that the system does a fair job overall.

As it goes, selling hope is big business.. They see a sucker in every aspect of desperation. :D

ritesh_1

Post by ritesh_1 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 4:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 3:53 pm
Those so-called professional agencies also like to advertise extremely high success rates. This is only possible because, if you research deep enough, you will find out that they reserve the right not to file an application for you. They are not allowed to put anything on the application that you don't give them. Therefore they are nothing buy glorified form fillers. The PR application form is easy enough for an N lever holder to fill it out. They only accept clients who have virtually no chance of being rejected. That way, they maintain the high success rate percentages. For that privilege you are expected to pay thousands of dollars that you could have used for a nice vacation to Europe for a week or more. Worse, they are parasites who usually prey on the fears of their own countrymen if you check to see who is the owner or major stockholder of the agency. Save your money. Do it yourself, give ICA "exactly" what they ask for, nothing less (very important), nothing more. They are overwhelmed by BS Artists so, they don't have time for wading through piles of stuff that actually have no bearing on a PR application except in the eyes of the filer.

If the forms ask for are your Degree, don't send them only your transcripts, that's not what they asked for. Take the time to understand what they want and then once you have obtained same then apply otherwise it will just take that much longer as your application is thrown back in the queue waiting for insufficient or incorrect documents.
Agreed. I have already made up my mind to apply myself (if and when I decide to apply in future).

ritesh_1

Post by ritesh_1 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 4:57 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 3:58 pm
For the process being as simple as it is, a person needing to employ the services of an agency might automatically be a red flag for rejection.

Given all the resources at their disposal, I'm sure they can spot and see through any smoke of overzealous submissions of flowery cover letters and volunteering.

There is no way anyone who offers to help you to know the exact assessment criteria, so the best one can do is to be sincere and trust that the system does a fair job overall.

As it goes, selling hope is big business.. They see a sucker in every aspect of desperation. :D
There is no question that the agencies are bogus.
But one question still bugs me - there are a few people who have used these agencies. Why am I not seeing them come out and say that additional docs cannot be uploaded as promised by these agencies?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 6:25 pm

Generally because the uploading is done separately than when the client is sitting in front of the Consultant. Afterwards, after the datasheets are filled out then later they will be uploaded and in all probability they just take copies of the BS and keep it in their files. You don't know what has been uploaded and they just let you think they have. But like I and others have said, if you had deep pockets and you want to just throw good money down the drain, go ahead.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:27 pm

ritesh_1 wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 4:57 pm
subconwretch wrote:

But one question still bugs me - there are a few people who have used these agencies. Why am I not seeing them come out and say that additional docs cannot be uploaded as promised by these agencies?
If they have used agencies to apply, why will they come here?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:37 pm

Most don't come out and say anything at all because they are too ashamed that they were conned.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ritesh_1 wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 4:57 pm
subconwretch wrote:

If they have used agencies to apply, why will they come here?
^^^+1
Either that or they may have emailed the documents to ICA only to be told to not send garbage in and only stick to what is stated in the appendix. And they ain’t gonna tell you that they engaged agency.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:54 pm

Also, if one is serious and sincere about doing charity or volunteer work, there is no need to go around telling people, worse still, putting in a PR or job application. The fact that it’s included with the hope that it will bring about a positive outcome, it will likely be frowned upon no matter how sincere one is.

This practice has been blatantly abused more than a decade ago and once the blue IC is in the wallet, the person just vanished into thin air. ICA has seen through the smoke screen. Be thankful that it is not perceived negatively in one’s application today.
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwoods1864
Regular
Regular

Post by jwoods1864 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 11:09 pm

I thought u could upload recommendation sort of letters as A7 states:

Testimonial from an employer

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk