Singapore Expats

Safe entry Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Safe entry Singapore?

Post by abbby » Sat, 30 May 2020 3:27 pm

Where should we find the safe entry check out button? When using the safe entry barcode, once you are logged in, I do not see the check out immediately. I always had to click back and click on the link again
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Safe entry Singapore?

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 31 May 2020 2:13 am

actually honestly i don't like to install app much all along. I'm a person don't like to see my smartphone full of apps.

So far I only have apps related to work beside social media and some News app.

Till now I don't even install this safe entry app. Next ever since circuit breaker start, i don't even go to my usual supermarket shop, only go neighbourhood shops and market buy daily needs.

if I not wrong , when go entry to supermarket now , scan IC will do right? than exit scan IC again

No need , a must to use safe entry app right? Partly because quite a lot elderly don't say own a smartphone to be honest.

Like my parents, they does know how to use iPad but they don't own smartphone. They feel no need .

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 31 May 2020 9:46 am

Now , go for hair cut also need to scan Safe Entry In and out.
Salon does not have the device to scan your NRIC.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 31 May 2020 10:37 am

therat wrote:
Sun, 31 May 2020 9:46 am
Now , go for hair cut also need to scan Safe Entry In and out.
Salon does not have the device to scan your NRIC.
huh like that those elderly how? Let's be honest , even some adult too . Don't like to install apps much and elderly don't own smartphone for some.

Like that no need to have their hair cut cut ???

The safe entry is just trace the infected ones go which place and the period thus trace back those people inside during that time.

DO Note the Authority Never implement quarantine Order for those happen to visit those places during that period if that infected person went before.

The Authority just call u, inform u , tell u monitor Yourself and Is not a quarantine order whereby you cannot go out for 14 days.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 31 May 2020 11:01 am

Safe Entry will be common across all shop.
I saw some cafe also have the Safe Entry code at their door.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 31 May 2020 11:47 am

@sgboyxxx: Yes, safe entry for malls and shops, so If you step into a mall, you'll do once in the mall and then the shop you go. I went to a mall and then a supermarket today and boy was it tedious, had to scan 4 times (2x in and 2x out) and temperature taking 2x.

I think for elderly, the younger ones would need to teach them how to use it, not an easy step as some elderly do have a hard time adapting to technology.

@therat: I can't imagine safe entry in all shops, shopping will never be the same again.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 31 May 2020 11:56 am

abbby wrote:
Sun, 31 May 2020 11:47 am
@sgboyxxx: Yes, safe entry for malls and shops, so If you step into a mall, you'll do once in the mall and then the shop you go. I went to a mall and then a supermarket today and boy was it tedious, had to scan 4 times (2x in and 2x out) and temperature taking 2x.

I think for elderly, the younger ones would need to teach them how to use it, not an easy step as some elderly do have a hard time adapting to technology.

@therat: I can't imagine safe entry in all shops, shopping will never be the same again.
well true, but as mention to be honest not every elderly own a smartphone. Is not they don't want to learn, here .

likewise, I study IT last time. yet you don't get surprise, till now i don't even use any App order foods delivery even book a Private hire

if any urgent matter i need to get to the place, I just go taxi stand or wave my hand at roadside for taxi.

till now I also don't download use what PayNow etc. , I only use debit card do online purchase like for clothes .

so back to this safe entry , I never download , as mention in fact no need, as they can scan your IC if i know.

Because I still haven't go any Malls etc yet due to this circuit breaker. I only do my grocery purchase at my neighbourhood provision shop and market .thus no use is it scan IC also can no need install safe entry

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by BigginHill » Mon, 01 Jun 2020 2:02 am

abbby wrote:
Sun, 31 May 2020 11:47 am

Yeah, Safe Entry, what a major PITA - flashing your personal details every time you need to buy a litre of milk, sigh. I think you even need to use Safe Entry for taxis now.

Worst part is, that they'll probably keep Safe Entry in effect long after it served its initial purpose. Hopefully the system is effective for contact tracing, although I have my doubts to its efficacy.

Largely because of Safe Entry, I've started shopping almost exclusively at local provisioning stores now, much less hassle.

If only the online grocery platforms could keep up with demand - alas, they've failed badly during COVID-19...

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 9:08 am

Yes our favourite shop is our local India run provision store w no safe entry stuff
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:11 am

I know my local prata place has a Safe Entry QR code. Doesn't get used though. In fact East Coast Park has one too. Almost universally ignored.

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter

Post by MikeJones » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:14 am

Yeah I noticed one on the park connector I use to walk to the shops, don't see anyone actually using it. The really stupid thing is the Safe Entry code is at the entry to a 4-5 metre wide foot/cycle path between HDB blocks and a drainage channel, other side of the drainage channel is a parallel footpath next to the main road. Why do you need to scan to walk one side but not the other especially as you'll be a lot closer to other people on the normal footpath?

Mike

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Addadude » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:25 am

abbby wrote:
Sat, 30 May 2020 3:27 pm
Where should we find the safe entry check out button? When using the safe entry barcode, once you are logged in, I do not see the check out immediately. I always had to click back and click on the link again
To check out, you repeat the same procedure that you used to check in. Scan the QR code with your phone camera, click on the site that pops up and the select 'check out'. The site will remember your previously entered details so it's fairly straightforward. Annoying, a little time-consuming but straightforward.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:52 am

Addadude wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:25 am
abbby wrote:
To check out, you repeat the same procedure that you used to check in. Scan the QR code with your phone camera, click on the site that pops up and the select 'check out'. The site will remember your previously entered details so it's fairly straightforward. Annoying, a little time-consuming but straightforward.
Oh great, got it, so we have to scan all over again to check out. Was thinking why they didn't design it with the check out button immediately when you check in. Strange but getting a hang of it...Thanks!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 1:51 pm

My local supermarket scans my pass on the way in but there is nothing on the way out. I'm guessing records show I live in a supermarket.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 2:04 pm

Addadude wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:25 am
abbby wrote:
On my Samsung Note 9 using Chrome if I refresh the checked in paged it will bring me back to a "check in / check out" page and I can check out there. Chrome will generate tabs for all the check ins (for example Aperia Cold Storage needs two - one for the mall and one for Cold Storage) - it's a matter of finding the correct tab and refreshing to check out.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!