Singapore Expats

Pr renewal chance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KellyZhang

Pr renewal chance

Post by KellyZhang » Mon, 25 May 2020 5:00 pm

I have been a Pr for over 12 years. I am currently working overseas. I have not been working in Singapore since jun 2017. I have submitted my Pr renewal recently. I don’t know what’s the chance of my Pr getting renewed ? They asked me for a letter from my employer to state my salary.

I haven’t heard from them for a month after I submitted the letter.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pr renewal chance

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 May 2020 8:59 pm

I'm guessing you 'might', if you are very lucky, get a re-entry renewal for 1 year but if you are not currently in Singapore, I also going to guess you chances are only 50:50 even receiving a 1 year permit to allow you to return to Singapore or to get your Singapore affairs in order to depart Singapore.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 May 2020 10:12 pm

KellyZhang wrote:
Mon, 25 May 2020 5:00 pm
I have been a Pr for over 12 years. I am currently working overseas. I have not been working in Singapore since jun 2017. I have submitted my Pr renewal recently. I don’t know what’s the chance of my Pr getting renewed ? They asked me for a letter from my employer to state my salary.

I haven’t heard from them for a month after I submitted the letter.
Are you sent overseas to work by a Singapore Company? Your employer overseas has given you the letter ? CPF contribution since june 2017?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 26 May 2020 10:36 am

You can submit a letter from an overseas employer - I have done this. However since ~2005 the ICA is no longer extending PR for long periods for people who appear to be residing permanently overseas and not in Singapore (with some exceptions such as those posted overseas by a Singapore company).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

KellyZhang

Post by KellyZhang » Sat, 30 May 2020 4:33 pm

How long would they approve the re entry permit if my employer provided me a letter?

I work in a USA bank in HK. ICA asked me to provide a letter with my income and title.

I haven’t contributed to cpf since Jan 2018

KellyZhang

Post by KellyZhang » Sat, 30 May 2020 4:35 pm

ICA also asked me for my plan to return to Singapore. I actually requested for an internal transfer to Singapore office in Jan. But due to the covid 19, my company put all transfer and travels on hold. Does it help if I contribute to CPF now ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 May 2020 5:35 pm

So you have been working for a HK subsidiary of the US bank. It sounds like you were not seconded from a US bank here in Singapore. Therefore my original post stands.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 30 May 2020 10:25 pm

KellyZhang wrote:
Sat, 30 May 2020 4:35 pm
ICA also asked me for my plan to return to Singapore. I actually requested for an internal transfer to Singapore office in Jan. But due to the covid 19, my company put all transfer and travels on hold. Does it help if I contribute to CPF now ?
If you are surely going to come back, show all proof that you have to prove that you are trying for the relocation back to Singapore along with a HONEST commitment to relocate to SG. They may initially give you a 1 year REP and after you come back and work here, on renewal you may get a 5 year REP.

CPF contribution by you without staying in SG wont add ANY value at all. ICA is well aware of this route which was used by many staying outside SG. Why should they pay you better interest for your CPF if you are not really in Singapore/intention to permanently reside and work in Singapore.

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Sun, 31 May 2020 1:20 pm

a letter from your employer definitely stating that your transfer has been approved, pending the COVID situation will help with getting at least a 1-year REP.

If you've been here long enough, you must have surely realised that nothing moves without "Supporting Documents".A