Singapore Expats

Extend STVP after pass cancellation due to Covid-19 flight cancellations.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ereezia2020

Re: Extend STVP after pass cancellation due to Covid-19 flight cancellations.

Post by ereezia2020 » Tue, 26 May 2020 11:49 pm

jaychen wrote:
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:22 am
@serenoli, they gave her the extension for 30 days
Hi Jaychen,

After your wife extension for 30 days which is until April 30, did she manage to go back to your home country? If no, did you apply for STVP extension again? Please advise. Thank you..

inspira_se

Post by inspira_se » Thu, 28 May 2020 7:46 pm

mungbeans wrote:
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 7:42 pm
I'm in the same situation and my STVP expires on Friday. Do you know how long does it take for MOM to get back with the answer?
Hey, did you get your extension approved ?
I am in a similar situation and have applied for extension, but no reply from MoM yet.
My pass expires in the next couple of days.

limingftms

Post by limingftms » Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:21 am

I got same situation, my S pass cancelled and white card expired on in coming week. i am not so lucky as you guys, as employer not willing to assist of doing extension, whatelse shall i do, can MOM entertain employee?

Morpheusjay25

Post by Morpheusjay25 » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 1:41 pm

Hi, i am also stuck up with the same kinda issue. My wife n daughter is a malaysian and im an indian national under S-pass.
Next week my pass will be cancelled and will be issued a STVP for 30days. But i need to settle my daughter to send her back to KL.
I might need to extend and my bad, the current boss already closed his business. For the extention of the STVP can be done only through employer. But my case the company is closed. So who can apply for me the extension.
Pls kindly advice and help me in this topic. Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Dec 2020 7:27 pm

couple of questions....

a) Why is your wife in Malaysia? Or if she is here why no mention of sending her back to M'sia?

b) Why didn't your employer put you on an EP? Your salary was high enough for it as it has to be more than $6K/mo or you couldn't have gotten a dependent pass for your child and wife while on an S pass.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

myp

Post by myp » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:12 pm

limingftms wrote:
Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:21 am
I got same situation, my S pass cancelled and white card expired on in coming week. i am not so lucky as you guys, as employer not willing to assist of doing extension, whatelse shall i do, can MOM entertain employee?
Hello, I wonder if you managed to solve your situation. I got the same problem. I visited MOMSC to extend myself. The officer requested me to ask my previous company to extend but I showed him the email from HR firmed that they would not support to extend my STVP.
Hence, the officer got me to fill in a declaration form and leave my contact there and go home; 2 days later I got the extension approval via email. However, they also said MOMSC would not be in charge of STVP anymore and if I need further extension I have to contact my previous employer. Once again, I tried to check with my pre company and they still insisted not to support me.

My STVP will expire next week, and I guess I need to contact MOM again for their advice.

rena1224

Post by rena1224 » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 6:43 pm

Hi. just want to ask if need to make an appointment with MOM before you visit? Thank you

Mgx

Post by Mgx » Fri, 26 Mar 2021 3:10 pm

Hi
Can I ask when u went to MOM to extend your STVP, what reason did u gv them?
In my case there's no direct flight home but theres flight to my country and I have to transit but its risky bcs of d covid situation.
Do you think I can give them this as a reason when requesting to MOM?do I need to give any proof to them?
Thank you so much I need your help🙏