Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cieux

Post by cieux » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 3:39 pm

sad girl wrote: Hi,

yah... something like that... he disagrees. so sad. haiz.. everything doesn't go well for me. Boyfriend dun give the support and no invititation for the interview. Your boyfriend studying? Working? your age?
Hey there,

Well dun be discouraged.. this sorta thing is really by luck at times.. maybe this time not shortlisted but next time u'll be given a chance? my bf didn't really comment on this, he jus said that as long as i'm happy he'll support me. He's also studying like me. But he's your age.. i'm a year younger than u. Anyway do u have customer service experience??

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 4:08 pm

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote: Hi,

yah... something like that... he disagrees. so sad. haiz.. everything doesn't go well for me. Boyfriend dun give the support and no invititation for the interview. Your boyfriend studying? Working? your age?
Hey there,

Well dun be discouraged.. this sorta thing is really by luck at times.. maybe this time not shortlisted but next time u'll be given a chance? my bf didn't really comment on this, he jus said that as long as i'm happy he'll support me. He's also studying like me. But he's your age.. i'm a year younger than u. Anyway do u have customer service experience??
Hi,

So good for you. He studying? Where? same school as you? Nah, i dun have customer service but got accounts. haha

minty

Post by minty » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 5:07 pm

hi all i heard that the sleep patterns of an air stewardess are very irregular, but i guess it's something i have to give up if i want to choose this path. still considering and i am rather worried of what kinds of difficult situations i might meet on flight. any advice on what kind of difficult situations sg girls might face?
:D

FAwannbe

Post by FAwannbe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 5:14 pm

minty wrote:hi all i heard that the sleep patterns of an air stewardess are very irregular, but i guess it's something i have to give up if i want to choose this path. still considering and i am rather worried of what kinds of difficult situations i might meet on flight. any advice on what kind of difficult situations sg girls might face?
:D
Are u signing ur contract soon?

galgally

Post by galgally » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 6:06 pm

FAwannabe wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote:Shan & Galgally,

Sorry to hear about what happened this morning. Is it OK ask you 2 qns, see if can help:

1) how was the measurement of height like?

2) what kinda qns was asked in first round?

thank you so much for your advise...
Hi Silly, i wld say that there is definitely something wrong with the measuring aparatus, i know i was less than 158, the last time i measured was 157.3, but today...it was 156!!!! not possible at all..the shortest i was measured previously was 157....There were two interviewers..they looked quite young i must say, they wanted a self-intro as well as y we wan to be a flight stewardess..10 of us went in..but only ONE was selected for the 2nd round..and she's gorgeous, porcelain skin, v v v v sweet looking, thou personally i felt tat she didnt talk very well..but wateva it is..she caught their attention..So girl..jus be urself..and tried not to rehearse too much..because i tink i was too 'robotic' on my 'script'...haha* Gd luck!!
if im not wrong, my frn did tell me tho they state min height as 158cm, but u'd ve to be at least 160cm to pass.. most prob they made adjustment to the scale..so 156cm is still a pass..

Juz a question tho, is the apparatus an electronic one or is ur height taken manually?

How did u introduce urself then? and wat did the gorgeous girl said that got her thru? :)
Hi FAwannabe, i din listen much to wat she said durin her intro, but i noe it wasnt impressive, she stuttered a little as well..i honestly tink its her beauty tat have attracted the interviewer's attention..she's those kind tat will shine out instantly..she possesses a kind of 'star' look.. :wink:

SQWannabe

SIA interview

Post by SQWannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 6:42 pm

Wow, out of 10 people they only choose 1....sighs..got my interview tommorrow. Is the first round always ask u to intro only? What about the 2nd interview, what did they ask. Please help! Thanks alot!! :roll

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 6:47 pm

Galgally

OK..wat ve u learnt from tis experience? that sia is all abt looks? :wink:

SQWannabe

Post by SQWannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 6:49 pm

Fawannabe
Guess its important to speak well but looking good definetly helps! Have u finish your interview?

guest99

Post by guest99 » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 6:58 pm

Gotta tell u this..

2 yrs ago, a close frn of mine went to the walk-in interview.. theres tis gal from her group that memorized a script which she scibbled juz outside the interview room..i was there n saw it all tho i didnt give it a go at all..she was in the same group as my frn n she talked abt her hobby..still rem its japanese jelly.. her english is good.. pronounciation excellent.. but not selected at all.. tis is someone who TRIES too hard i think..

Im not sure how the interviewers go abt making their selection.. but point is they can see thru most pretense.. best to be yourself.. and do open ur eyes n ears.. look at how the rest introduce themselves.. maybe its smthing they said or do that caught the interviewer's attention.

Lastly, dun give up if u're not chosen.. not until u reach 30!!

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:00 pm

SQWannabe wrote:Fawannabe
Guess its important to speak well but looking good definetly helps! Have u finish your interview?
Nope.. not selected tis round.. :)

How abt u.. finish yours already?? Gimme a "5".. we're all wannabes!! hahaha.. :)

mystical

Post by mystical » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:02 pm

hi everyone,
i went for the interview today & didnt even managed to pass the first round. but i'm not too sad cos this is my first and its an eye opener.

firstly, i dont think SIA goes for looks. in my group of 10, there were 2 chosen. they were not good looking. in fact only average. they did not speak fluently either. however, one trait which both possessed that none of the others in my group had was enthusiasm.

we were told to talk abt ourselves in half a min. both talked alot, eg. their sch, jobs, hobbies etc.

remember to tell the interviewers more! especially your strong points.
look up, smile, do not be afraid to speak up. i tink that's wad they are looking for.

btw, i'm 159. they measured me 156. serious prob with the apparatus i think.

anyway, to whoever's going tmr. gd luck! u need to shine! there are tons of girls there! really pretty ones. ha ha, the place looks like it a factory manufacturing girls!

cheers!

SQWannabe

Post by SQWannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:05 pm

FAwannabe wrote:

How abt u.. finish yours already?? Gimme a "5".. we're all wannabes!! hahaha.. :)
Yup..hehe...so cute...i think the nick says it all....:)my interview is tomorrow afternoon. Really nervous. Not confident at all as I feel that I am very ordinary. You mind chatting on MSN. Feel like asking you some questions. Thanks!

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:11 pm

SQWannabe wrote:
FAwannabe wrote:

Yup..hehe...so cute...i think the nick says it all....:)my interview is tomorrow afternoon. Really nervous. Not confident at all as I feel that I am very ordinary. You mind chatting on MSN. Feel like asking you some questions. Thanks!
Questions? Me? Ive never been to SIA interview be4.. tho ive accompanied frn there.. U still have questions for me? :) Gimme ur msn id n i'll add u if u want. :)

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:21 pm

mystical wrote:hi everyone,
i went for the interview today & didnt even managed to pass the first round. but i'm not too sad because this is my first and its an eye opener.

firstly, i dont think SIA goes for looks. in my group of 10, there were 2 chosen. they were not good looking. in fact only average. they did not speak fluently either. however, one trait which both possessed that none of the others in my group had was enthusiasm.

we were told to talk abt ourselves in half a min. both talked alot, eg. their sch, jobs, hobbies etc.

remember to tell the interviewers more! especially your strong points.
look up, smile, do not be afraid to speak up. i tink that's wad they are looking for.

btw, i'm 159. they measured me 156. serious prob with the apparatus i think.

anyway, to whoever's going tmr. gd luck! u need to shine! there are tons of girls there! really pretty ones. ha ha, the place looks like it a factory manufacturing girls!

cheers!
Haha!! U mean both 2 can talk so much in 1/2 a min? wow!!

SQWannabe

Post by SQWannabe » Sat, 02 Jul 2005 7:31 pm

they use to give at least 1 min for ur intro the last interview...mmm...fawannabe my msn is [email protected]. Tinkerbell and mystical can add me to u msn too...Thanks...:)