Singapore Expats

PR chance for me and unemployed spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kianjin86

Post by kianjin86 » Mon, 11 May 2020 10:31 am

Hi,
I am currently an EP holder while my spouse is holding DP now.
I am planning for PR, there is option to apply PR for spouse in same application, can i apply PR for my unemployed spouse? or it should be LTVP for her?

Below is my info:
Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Marital Status : Married (with malaysian)
Salary : 80k/annual
Overall stay in Singapore : 1 year 8 months.

Haruki
Regular
Regular

Re: PR chance for me and unemployed spouse

Post by Haruki » Tue, 12 May 2020 8:39 pm

As far as I know, your spouse will be able to apply for PR only if you have already obtained your PR. I don't think you can do it in the same application.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 13 May 2020 6:50 am

Haruki wrote:As far as I know, your spouse will be able to apply for PR only if you have already obtained your PR. I don't think you can do it in the same application.
As far as I know, you look like a spammer. Just building up lots of rubbish posts in the forum, either of no substance or provide false information.

OP - ignore the bulls*** from Haruki. You may include your spouse in the PR application.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf

kianjin86

Post by kianjin86 » Wed, 13 May 2020 9:14 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 13 May 2020 6:50 am
Haruki wrote:As far as I know, your spouse will be able to apply for PR only if you have already obtained your PR. I don't think you can do it in the same application.
As far as I know, you look like a spammer. Just building up lots of rubbish posts in the forum, either of no substance or provide false information.

OP - ignore the bulls*** from Haruki. You may include your spouse in the PR application.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf
Hi, thanks for the info. ya i saw the document, but is employed or unemployed will affect the PR chances?
Besides, can you comment on my chances based on the information i provided? thanks!!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 13 May 2020 10:40 am

kianjin86 wrote:Hi, thanks for the info. ya i saw the document, but is employed or unemployed will affect the PR chances?
Besides, can you comment on my chances based on the information i provided? thanks!!
Chances should be better if spouse is employed as double income is always better if either one were to lose employment.

Here for 1y8m - how many rounds of tax have you paid?

Chances are fairly decent. I would put it at 60-70%. Could be better if you can get a pay rise and get a baby.

kianjin86

Post by kianjin86 » Wed, 13 May 2020 2:12 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 13 May 2020 10:40 am
kianjin86 wrote:Hi, thanks for the info. ya i saw the document, but is employed or unemployed will affect the PR chances?
Chances should be better if spouse is employed as double income is always better if either one were to lose employment.

Here for 1y8m - how many rounds of tax have you paid?

Chances are fairly decent. I would put it at 60-70%. Could be better if you can get a pay rise and get a baby.
Will it possible that i will get the PR but my spouse is rejected? if that is the case, so i need to apply LTVP for her right?

I have paid tax for 2 rounds, 2018 for few months and 2019 one whole year.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 May 2020 4:19 pm

Thread Cleaned up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kianjin86

Post by kianjin86 » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 10:50 pm

Hi all again,
i am preparing the documents.
from this link : https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf

where can i get the form form checklist A10 ? ( IRAS consent form to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore directly; )

besides, i saw some mentioned that if the PR approved, the next will be completing formalities with some document verification.. is that mean we need to provide the physical/hardcopy of documents?
Reason i ask this is because i only have softcopy, and the physical copy still at hometown..just want to confirm if i need to prepare the physical copy also.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 09 Jun 2020 11:55 pm

kianjin86 wrote:
Tue, 09 Jun 2020 10:50 pm
Hi all again,
i am preparing the documents.
from this link : https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf

where can i get the form form checklist A10 ? ( IRAS consent form to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore directly; )

besides, i saw some mentioned that if the PR approved, the next will be completing formalities with some document verification.. is that mean we need to provide the physical/hardcopy of documents?
Reason i ask this is because i only have softcopy, and the physical copy still at hometown..just want to confirm if i need to prepare the physical copy also.
Dont worry PR application will take atleast 6 months + and by that time you can bring the original copies back to Singapore. Yes, they will verify the originals.

kianjin86

Post by kianjin86 » Wed, 10 Jun 2020 2:06 pm

stated in this link : https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf