Singapore Expats

Did anyone experience queueing at the mall?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Did anyone experience queueing at the mall?

Post by abbby » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:25 am

Since they have limited the number of people in, did anyone experience you had to queue outside to wait to get in? Please share which mall you visited...?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Spanisheyes

Re: Did anyone experience queueing at the mall?

Post by Spanisheyes » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:34 am

Yup.. i was at Waterway Point on Friday and had to queue up in order to go to the bank which is at Basement One. The queue was fast though.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:27 pm

Strangely enough, NEX was busy and set up for crowd control with exits blocked off and one way signs with monitors using an only phone based counter system to count all in/out in real time. But both times I was there (Sat & Sun afternoons) no queues. NTUC had the checkout lines a quarter of the way down the aisles but that is to be expected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 2:29 pm

Funan quiet with no queues over the weekend

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tt1973 » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 2:37 pm

Isn't queuing gives more risks to infection than letting them in?

Still can't comprehend why this rule when there is no social distancing in trains and buses!

Spanisheyes

Post by Spanisheyes » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 3:17 pm

Supposedly to control the crowd but how is that possible.. just curious :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 5:54 pm

It's based on the fallacy that Singaporeans will try to keep to 1 metre apart as per social distancing guidelines. It's based on the total square meters of the mall and allowing 1 person per 16 sq/mtr of floor space. In theory that will ensure there will be enough space for normal people. But you still have local idiots that thinks it a strawberry picnic like at the Starhub shop. Must have been 100 people in there and milling around out front of the shop with their little tickets clutched in their immature, self-entitled fingers. Shopping for a new phone is NOT a necessary item. So lots of space in the mall centres but clusters in front of restaurants like there's no tomorrow. It buggers the mind to think of all the money the government has wasted trying to educate what seems to be genetic idiots here. The really sad part is the the strawberry generation is like that all over the world it would seem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 30 Mar 2020 6:55 pm

I was quite impressed with how relatively empty Vivocity was yesterday. No near collisions or anything. But there were still some dodos who didn't get the message about social distancing.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 31 Mar 2020 9:02 am

SMS, now tell us what you're really thinking?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Mar 2020 3:09 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 9:02 am
SMS, now tell us what you're really thinking?
Sorry, not enough time. :cool: