Singapore Expats

NZ pension and CPF issue article

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

NZ pension and CPF issue article

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 14 Mar 2020 5:11 pm

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... cpf-payout

Personally I think this is BS. CPF is savings scheme and not a pension. This is a bad outcome for Singaporeans etc who migrated to NZ.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

jyeo012

Re: NZ pension and CPF issue article

Post by jyeo012 » Sun, 15 Mar 2020 3:57 pm

Hmm, I can’t read the whole article because I don’t subscribe or have an account, but my dad is an NZ citizen (been there for 25 years) and applied for NZ super four years ago. They did question his CPF as a form of pension, but he submitted all documents, wrote letters and got someone from CPF to write a letter confirming that CPF is not a pension and he managed to get NZ super no issues. From the little I can read of that ST article, the man wasn’t fully cooperative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jyeo012

Post by jyeo012 » Sun, 15 Mar 2020 3:59 pm

jyeo012 wrote:Hmm, I can’t read the whole article because I don’t subscribe or have an account, but my dad is an NZ citizen (been there for 25 years) and applied for NZ super four years ago. They did question his CPF as a form of pension, but he submitted all documents, wrote letters and got someone from CPF to write a letter confirming that CPF is not a pension and he managed to get NZ super no issues. From the little I can read of that ST article, the man wasn’t fully cooperative?

Also just to clarify that my father applied for NZ citizenship probably about two years before applying for NZ super.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Mar 2020 4:05 pm

Thank you for that. I need to remember that as well as my Niece and her family immigrated to NZ 10 years ago. While they are still young (mid 30's) They also worked in Singapore before and both have CPF accounts here. While they are still Singaporeans, they are thinking about applying for NZ citizenship so will relate your information to them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers