Singapore Expats

MoM Medical exam

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
megadave

MoM Medical exam

Post by megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 5:50 pm

In my last IPA the medical exam is in the declaration I just had to sign it to say I "do not have HIV/TB etc", in this IPA it says that I need to go for a HIV/TB medical exam :o I phoned MoM and they said they don't know why it is different and wouldn't help me any further.

I would really like to get this done quickly as I arrive in Singapore on Saturday and would like to start work ASAP. Can anybody advise me:

Is there anywhere in central singapore I can get this done either saturday evening or sunday?

Is it a blood test and x-ray? What else do they do?

How long the results take? Is there any way to expedite it?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: MoM Medical exam

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:09 pm

megadave wrote:In my last IPA the medical exam is in the declaration I just had to sign it to say I "do not have HIV/TB etc", in this IPA it says that I need to go for a HIV/TB medical exam :o I phoned MoM and they said they don't know why it is different and wouldn't help me any further.

I would really like to get this done quickly as I arrive in Singapore on Saturday and would like to start work ASAP. Can anybody advise me:

Is there anywhere in central singapore I can get this done either saturday evening or sunday?

Is it a blood test and x-ray? What else do they do?

How long the results take? Is there any way to expedite it?
Based on the salary range (earlier epass type), the criteria differs if you need to do the actual test or declaration.

It is a blood test and a chest X Ray

There are many places in SG, where if you do the test and want it urgent (pay a fee for faster reports), you can get it earlier.

megadave

Post by megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks, I just rang one clinic and they said the consultation fee without any tests is SGD 350 , it seems to be very expensive. I would guess there are cheaper clinics because I read that the whole thing shouldn't cost more than SGD 100

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:21 pm

megadave wrote:Thanks, I just rang one clinic and they said the consultation fee without any tests is SGD 350 , it seems to be very expensive. I would guess there are cheaper clinics because I read that the whole thing shouldn't cost more than SGD 100
You surely rang up a wrong clinic. Usual charge will be around 80-100 SGD. But if you want it urgently, there will be a extra 100 SGD charge.

Try calling Raffles medical and get a quote just to compare.

megadave

Post by megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:50 pm

Just called them and they said the expedited next day cost is around 85 SGD

Phew. Thanks!

deathrow95

Post by deathrow95 » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 9:17 pm

Hi guys,

i've received an offer for 7000sgd with employment visa. is medical still cumpolsory. im asking because im a bit worried if i have any std or not. could you tell me if only a declaration will do now? or is it mandatory for medicals for all?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 05 Mar 2020 10:17 pm

deathrow95 wrote:
Thu, 05 Mar 2020 9:17 pm
Hi guys,

i've received an offer for 7000sgd with employment visa. is medical still cumpolsory. im asking because im a bit worried if i have any std or not. could you tell me if only a declaration will do now? or is it mandatory for medicals for all?
You need to wait for your EP Approval letter to see if you need the medical exam. Should you not be more worried to check for the STD even without the EP into consideration? Is your health not important even before work?

megadave

Post by megadave » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 3:40 am

My test was for lungs, heart, blood pressure. They also take blood to test for AIDS, as far as I know they do not test for any other STD

It also depends on whether you are applyng for SP or EP. You sign a waiver for EP so no exam is necessary

deathrow95

Post by deathrow95 » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 4:24 am

Thanks @megadave. My company's applying for an employment pass. Are you saying they don't do a blood test exam if it's an EP( employment pass) ? And we just need to sign off a waiver declaration on a form?

You were going on a S pass or E pass and how recent was your medical done?Thanks for your support again

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 10:33 am

deathrow95 wrote:
Mon, 09 Mar 2020 4:24 am
Thanks @megadave. My company's applying for an employment pass. Are you saying they don't do a blood test exam if it's an EP( employment pass) ? And we just need to sign off a waiver declaration on a form?

You were going on a S pass or E pass and how recent was your medical done?Thanks for your support again
Not all EP holders get a medical test waiver. It depends. I dont want to say more on when they will get a waiver.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:20 pm

Often it depends on where home country is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 1:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:20 pm
Often it depends on where home country is.
Also the salary level :). Earlier it was mandatory for Q1, whereas for P2 and Above it was just a declaration.

megadave

Post by megadave » Thu, 12 Mar 2020 7:40 am

i think your salary must be higher than 7000 pcm to qualify for EP. Otherwise its SP.

I have had both EP and SP (respectively) and had to do the whole medical thing for the SP regardless of previously signing a waiver for the EP a few months previously. I am from UK.

Raffles hospital was the cheapest at 80SGD for everything. Very quick too.