Singapore Expats

Any house party/pool party to join?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
eren_jaeger

Any house party/pool party to join?

Post by eren_jaeger » Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:11 pm

Hello I am a Malaysian Chinese male, just came to SG to work not too long ago. Would love to make new friends here and explore the city together. I studied in US before and knew that house/pool party was quite common, not too sure about SG here. Would love to join any house party if available.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Any house party/pool party to join?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 1:54 am

I'm afraid if anybody is curious about our member eren_jaeger, they might find he has issues with the whole truth. I would suggest having a read of some of his threads before inviting him over. May save you some future headaches.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 3:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 1:54 am
I'm afraid if anybody is curious about our member eren_jaeger, they might find he has issues with the whole truth. I would suggest having a read of some of his threads before inviting him over. May save you some future headaches.
I've got nothing to hide. Not sure whether u have a problem with that?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 12:45 pm

I don't have a problem with it either. I just don't want somebody else to have a problem. You are telling people here you just recently arrived in Singapore. That is patently false, capisce?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 1:28 pm

Sat, 07 Mar 2020 12:45 pm
I don't have a problem with it either. I just don't want somebody else to have a problem. You are telling people here you just recently arrived in Singapore. That is patently false, capisce?
False? Who are you to say it's false? Just by being someone who went through someone else's past threads and claim to be able to determine the person's life history? You are just being too naive living in your own world. Time to burst the bubble dude. Get a life.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 3:31 pm

Nobody is questioning you life history. Only what you have told us yourself over the past 16 months and what you are saying now. Oh, and as a moderator that's what we do, try to prevent problems. A number of us have already invested a substantial amount of time on your previous threads already.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:18 pm

eren_jaeger wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:11 pm
Hello I am a Malaysian Chinese male, just came to SG to work not too long ago. Would love to make new friends here and explore the city together. I studied in US before and knew that house/pool party was quite common, not too sure about SG here. Would love to join any house party if available.
Yeh, a bit strange post (IMHO). Why do you think in SG is like in the US? Perhaps you should try first to meet people on some neutral grounds rather than trying to get invited to their homes? Or you already tried it and it failed?

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 9:38 pm

Sat, 07 Mar 2020 3:31 pm
Nobody is questioning you life history. Only what you have told us yourself over the past 16 months and what you are saying now. Oh, and as a moderator that's what we do, try to prevent problems. A number of us have already invested a substantial amount of time on your previous threads already.
Think u have crossed the border as a moderator. Those who wish to know more abt me would be smart enough to check on my previous threads, no need for you to call it out and question my integrity. As a moderator, you shouldn't have used languages that may tarnish someone's image here. Expect you to be more wise here.

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 9:40 pm

x9200 wrote:
Sat, 07 Mar 2020 9:18 pm
eren_jaeger wrote:
Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:11 pm
Yeh, a bit strange post (IMHO). Why do you think in SG is like in the US? Perhaps you should try first to meet people on some neutral grounds rather than trying to get invited to their homes? Or you already tried it and it failed?
Nah. Just trying to find out a bit more about the culture here. It does not seem like house party is a thing here in SG. Correct me if I were wrong.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:57 pm

Eren, you have mail. - moderator

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:52 pm

Just curious, does house/pool party a common thing in Malaysia?

I mean invite stranger.