Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mellowmargarine

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by mellowmargarine » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 6:52 pm

:lol:
Dreammy wrote:
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:05 am
Anyone video interview dateline is on 26feb? Let update each other when we got a reply from the interview😊
I'm glad you got your video interview email! It seems like your video interview submission time is very short, whereas mine was two weeks. I think they'll probably sort our batches together for the March interview then.

Dreammy

Post by Dreammy » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 7:16 pm

mellowmargarine wrote:
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 6:52 pm
Dreammy wrote:
Anyone video interview dateline is on 26feb? Let update each other when we got a reply from the interview😊
I'm glad you got your video interview email! It seems like your video interview submission time is very short, whereas mine was two weeks. I think they'll probably sort our batches together for the March interview then.
Hehee thank you so much! Congrats to u too! I hope I get another email from them again! I kind of screw up my first two qns of the interview coz I think I stuttered too much and I didn’t smile!!! Haha! Anyway, I have a problem accessing the personality test, do u have this problem?

underwater_lilies

Post by underwater_lilies » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 7:48 pm

Dreammy wrote:
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 7:16 pm
mellowmargarine wrote:
Dreammy wrote:
Hehee thank you so much! Congrats to u too! I hope I get another email from them again! I kind of screw up my first two qns of the interview coz I think I stuttered too much and I didn’t smile!!! Haha! Anyway, I have a problem accessing the personality test, do u have this problem?
Hi there! I just created this account because I saw your post and yes, I can't access the psychometric test too. You got the "User ID not Exist!!" prompt as well?

My video interview deadline is 26 Feb too. I applied online on 20 Feb and got a reply the next day. Was surprised to hear that you had to wait so long for yours. Maybe they send out replies in bulk and I happened to apply just in time! ^^

Dreammy

Post by Dreammy » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 9:50 pm

underwater_lilies wrote:
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 7:48 pm
Dreammy wrote:
mellowmargarine wrote:

Hi there! I just created this account because I saw your post and yes, I can't access the psychometric test too. You got the "User ID not Exist!!" prompt as well?

My video interview deadline is 26 Feb too. I applied online on 20 Feb and got a reply the next day. Was surprised to hear that you had to wait so long for yours. Maybe they send out replies in bulk and I happened to apply just in time! ^^
yes! I guess we are on the same timeline! guess we have to wait for their reply tmr.

jslonlyx

Post by jslonlyx » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:44 am

hello! has anyone with a video interview deadline of 5 Feb gotten a second round invite? :)

mellowmargarine

Post by mellowmargarine » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:40 am

:^o
Dreammy wrote:
mellowmargarine wrote:
Dreammy wrote:
I didn't face a problem with the personality test. Seems like it's just affecting your intake based on the other replies? Should get in touch with them.

Dreammy

Post by Dreammy » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 2:19 pm

mellowmargarine wrote:
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:40 am
:^o
Dreammy wrote:
mellowmargarine wrote:

I didn't face a problem with the personality test. Seems like it's just affecting your intake based on the other replies? Should get in touch with them.
Oo yea, they replied me saying they activate my code already:)

Jennxx

Post by Jennxx » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 2:41 pm

Anyone who submitted video interview around jan got second round invite ?

barchormee

Post by barchormee » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:17 am

oh wow anyone saw the headlines? “SIA freezes hiring...”

mockxngjay

Post by mockxngjay » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:55 pm

barchormee wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:17 am
oh wow anyone saw the headlines? “SIA freezes hiring...”
SINGAPORE - National carrier Singapore Airlines (SIA) has imposed a hiring freeze and is mulling over other measures, including possibly asking staff to go on voluntary no-pay leave, The Straits Times has learnt.

After three rounds of flight cuts, the airline is facing an excess manpower situation of about more than 500 cabin crew and some 50 pilots. This has meant fewer flying hours for all.

In response to queries from ST on Tuesday (Feb 25), SIA said: “In response to Covid-19, a general recruitment freeze has been implemented for all ground positions and non-essential duty travel has been suspended.

“We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and will be decisive in implementing any additional measures that may be needed. We will not do anything, however, that compromises the SIA Group’s long-term competitiveness.”

In a note to all SIA staff on Monday (Feb 24), SIA chief executive officer Goh Choon Phong said:

"The growing scale and impact of the Covid-19 outbreak has been our focus for over a month. Our immediate priority has been the safety and well-being of our passengers and everyone in the SIA family, especially those in the front line and our operating crew.

All necessary measures have been taken to protect our people. This includes stepped up cleaning regimes at our premises, temperature screening, the provision of thermometers, hand sanitisers and personal protective equipment where necessary, and the deferral of large-scale company events.

We are all aware of Covid-19's significant impact on air travel, especially to Asia. The SIA Group's passenger traffic and load factors have rapidly declined in all markets since news of the virus first emerged in mid-January. Swift action has been taken to mitigate the impact of this significant drop in demand. An immediate reduction to our capacity to China was soon followed by a series of frequency cuts across our global network.

To date, the Group has temporarily suspended more than 3,000 flights from February to end-May accounting for 9.9 percent of our scheduled capacity. We will continue to be nimble and flexible in adjusting our capacity to match the changing demand patterns in the market.

Preventive measures to conserve cash and reduce costs have been taken. Selected capital expenditure has been deferred, and we have tightened on discretionary operating expenditure. We have also proactively reached out to our suppliers and partners to discuss additional mitigating measures during this difficult time.

A general recruitment freeze has also been implemented for all ground positions, and non-essential duty travel has been suspended. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and will be decisive in implementing any additional measures that may be needed. We will not do anything, however, that compromises the Group's long-term competitiveness.

On the revenue side, our commercial teams are working closely with tourism agencies and travel partners all around the world to aggressively drive sales, and jointly promote air travel to and through Singapore.

Yes, there are strong headwinds. But the Group has successfully navigated past challenges such as 9/11, SARS and the 2008 global financial crisis.

Over the last three years, our Transformation Programme has strengthened our revenue generating capabilities and driven operational efficiencies. That means we are able to tackle Covid-19 from a position of strength.

Over the last few weeks, as this situation unfolded, I have been meeting and talking to colleagues in our control centres, maintenance hangars, administrative offices and canteens. I would like to thank everyone for continuing to work very hard to maintain our usual high standards, and ensure the safety of all customers and staff, despite the tough challenges.

Yes, these are difficult times. But I am confident that together, we can overcome them and emerge as an even stronger SIA.

Source from the internet.

mellowmargarine

Post by mellowmargarine » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 9:44 pm

It's very possible that the second interview will be further delayed then, I guess. Just read the news too. Understandable considering the circumstances, I guess! Having an excess of 500 cabin crew is a lot!

Dreammy

Post by Dreammy » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:00 pm

mellowmargarine wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 9:44 pm
It's very possible that the second interview will be further delayed then, I guess. Just read the news too. Understandable considering the circumstances, I guess! Having an excess of 500 cabin crew is a lot!
Yea I think it might be delay too! Maybe at least 3weeks to a mth?

mellowmargarine

Post by mellowmargarine » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 9:57 pm

Dreammy wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:00 pm
mellowmargarine wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 9:44 pm
Yea I think it might be delay too! Maybe at least 3weeks to a mth?
Yeah! Well, let's all keep our skins glowing and gain/lose those pounds in the meantime, haha.

hellohehe

Post by hellohehe » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:46 pm

Hi! can anyone kindly share what are the recent video interview questions and do you all have an issue answering some questions etc? thank you :))))

Bennybenben

Post by Bennybenben » Fri, 28 Feb 2020 11:46 pm

mockxngjay wrote:
Sat, 15 Feb 2020 7:48 pm
Bennybenben wrote:
Fri, 14 Feb 2020 7:50 pm
Finally received the call & email last week. Will start on 17 March 2020. Be positive guys. I’ve waited 4 months after medical. All the best to you guys.
OMG! Congrats! Guess we both getting in huh? Hahah! I'm still waiting for mine after submitting my docs for the employment pass last month. Hopefully will get the call soon! All the best in Singapore, keep in touch!
Hey. Thank you. Have you receive any call? I’ll pm you.