Singapore Expats Forum
 

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wiltangy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 5:41 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by wiltangy » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 12:55 pm

Lavonche wrote:
Sun, 05 Jan 2020 6:04 am
Thanks wiltangy!! I think the essay was 250 words! Just hoping my teeth looks acceptable 😭
No prob! :)

kiwifruit
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 5:37 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by kiwifruit » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 8:00 pm

_
Last edited by kiwifruit on Sun, 19 Jan 2020 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellohehe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:54 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by hellohehe » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 1:43 am

wiltangy wrote:
Sun, 05 Jan 2020 12:10 am
hellohehe wrote:
Sat, 04 Jan 2020 11:56 pm
im so happy to hear that you passed the video interview! can anyone share any tips on their video interview and im waiting for their next intake.. which i dont know when will it be haha!
Hello,

Just look through the sample questions that hirevue will provide and then practice speaking to the camera. Honestly, I was freaking nervous and I think I stuttered a little. My answers were quite short too. (only used up less than 30 seconds per question) I did not wear formal but was dressed smartly. Wore only a Polo T tucked into my jeans. Remember to smile too when you answer and last but not least got a question where they require you to type out a mini essay (less than 200 words) iirc.

Good Luck!
hello! thank you for replying! all the best for your interview... im still trying to lose some weight, heard they are strict with weight issues too. i just reapplied for the video interview, will update here if i have any news! :)

clairebear12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 5:10 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by clairebear12 » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 5:13 pm

Hi! Was wondering if anyone went for the interview in Singapore on 14th December, and still waiting for the golden call?

ZackyT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 5:43 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by ZackyT » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 8:17 am

Hi guys, thanks for the reply and suggestions on the stages after the video interview. Kinda nervous for the debate, as I have never done one before.

Saw another post regarding weight issue, any suggestion on a fast track to gain weight? I’m currently 170cm 50kg, only managed to gained 1kg over the past 3 days 😂

marylissa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 4:23 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by marylissa » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 1:55 pm

clairebear12 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 5:13 pm
Hi! Was wondering if anyone went for the interview in Singapore on 14th December, and still waiting for the golden call?
hi clairebear12! yes i am too!

Lavonche
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 8:32 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Lavonche » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 4:14 pm

ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 07 Jan 2020 8:17 am
Hi guys, thanks for the reply and suggestions on the stages after the video interview. Kinda nervous for the debate, as I have never done one before.

Saw another post regarding weight issue, any suggestion on a fast track to gain weight? I’m currently 170cm 50kg, only managed to gained 1kg over the past 3 days 😂
Eat more carbs and protein!! At least that's what my friend did to gain weight 😂

Likewise, to lose weight, cut down on carbs!!! Can still maintain protein amt but too much protein will weigh u down more.

Michelleckx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 7:36 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Michelleckx » Thu, 09 Jan 2020 7:47 pm

I have went for interview during July 2019 and my last round of interview in August 2019 . Then I went for review in Jan 2020 . They said I am passed , when I submit my forms and documents, they told me to take Aptis test . May i know anyone take aptis test before ? What is the score require by SIA ? 😭

CSLover
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 2:00 am

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by CSLover » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 2:07 am

Michelleckx wrote:
Thu, 09 Jan 2020 7:47 pm
I have went for interview during July 2019 and my last round of interview in August 2019 . Then I went for review in Jan 2020 . They said I am passed , when I submit my forms and documents, they told me to take Aptis test . May i know anyone take aptis test before ? What is the score require by SIA ? 😭
I was a school teacher before and had to take Aptis for a competency evaluation. It is basically a test by Cambridge to evaluate your overall language proficiency.

The score goes like this:
C2, C1, B2, B1, A2 and A1.

The first being the top score and the last being the lowest.

I personally received a C1 grade, despite my marks being 192/200

I’m not sure what the cut off point is for the next grade but if you get a C1, it means you’re proficient enough.

Also, is anyone going on 18th January, (edit) 8.30am at The Ritz-Carlton, KL? I’m from Malaysia, btw.

I am so insecure about my skin because I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks and temples but my arms are scar-free.

Anyway, I expect to fail just from the skin test but I’m going anyway because this is what I really want and I’ll try until I can’t try anymore and whether the skin test will be my bottleneck or not is irrelevant for me right now since the interview in itself is a valuable experience.
Last edited by CSLover on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSidh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 7:55 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by JSidh » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 8:50 am

Anyone going for the 2nd interview tomorrow?

wiltangy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 5:41 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by wiltangy » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 10:30 am

JSidh wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 8:50 am
Anyone going for the 2nd interview tomorrow?
Me, damn scared sia. :/

JSidh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 7:55 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by JSidh » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:45 am

Me too. What time is yours?

wiltangy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 5:41 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by wiltangy » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:46 am

JSidh wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:45 am
Me too. What time is yours?
1030

marylissa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 4:23 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by marylissa » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 2:37 pm

Anyone got any news yet (be it rejection/acceptance) with this timeline?

2nd interview: 14 Dec
Medical: 17 Dec

JSidh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 7:55 pm

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by JSidh » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 7:25 pm

wiltangy wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:46 am
JSidh wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 11:45 am
Me too. What time is yours?
1030
Hey can I whatsapp you? I PMed you but not sure if you got my messages.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests