Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
goh

Re: Update

Post by goh » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:43 pm

Tori wrote:Hi there,

Anyone out there still awaiting for SIA invitation? I've sent out around 12 noon on the 17th. But no news as of now...

Have all those that sent in got their mails already?

Thanks,
Tori
Hi Tori,

I hv sent out on the 20 by speed post and email as my email keep bounce back due to their mail box full. I still have not received the invitation too.

:cry:

Eline

Post by Eline » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:53 pm

Anyone out there still awaiting for SIA invitation? I've sent out around 12 noon on the 17th. But no news as of now...

Thanks,
Tori
Hi tori,
I sent my email ard 1.20pm on the 17th. I had yet to receive anything. Its either we wait and see any reply tdy or tmr, as i guess there are too many people applying for it and too little slots for interview. Or we are just being rejected!!

Anyway, keep me posted yeah.. Good luck gal.

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:23 pm

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote:
Paige wrote: Hi Gals, I also sent in my application on 17-June and I also waiting for SQ reply..
Hi

Did you all send in by post or email on the 17th?
Hi all, i've sent in by email on 17th at bout 1.08pm. Still waiting.. perhaps next batch.
Hi cieux,

i am so upset. perhaps i should give up. Argggghhhh... i sent in my email ard 4.30pm on the 17th. Will there be a next batch?

I am 22 going to 23 yrs old. i just finished my Degree. Now waiting for the graduation ceremony.

Wat bout you? How old are you? You studying or working?

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:26 pm

Eline wrote:

Thanks,
Tori
Hi tori,
I sent my email ard 1.20pm on the 17th. I had yet to receive anything. Its either we wait and see any reply tdy or tmr, as i guess there are too many people applying for it and too little slots for interview. Or we are just being rejected!!

Anyway, keep me posted yeah.. Good luck girl.
Hi gerls,

I sent in my application via email on the 17th ard 4.30pm. I have not received anything from them. I am so upset. you sent in via email or post?

goh

Post by goh » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:42 pm

sad girl wrote:
Eline wrote:

Thanks,
Tori
Hi tori,

Hi gerls,

I sent in my application via email on the 17th ard 4.30pm. I have not received anything from them. I am so upset. you sent in via email or post?
Hi sad Girl,

Cheer up,you are young and got the qualification,maybe due to too many applicants that why we are out or maybe in the next batch. Live still goes on, right?So dnt worry,ok?

Paige

Post by Paige » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:42 pm

Eline wrote:

Thanks,
Tori
Hi tori,

Hi gals, same here, I haven't get any reply yet... Lets juz pray hard! :wink:

Sugary

Post by Sugary » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:44 pm

Fated wrote:Sorry being KPO.... You muz see which type of aircraft and which subidary ur bf is in...

example, if ur bf is under SIA cargo not main fleet... then not possible to fly together because there wont be air stewardess because they fly cargo...

if they r with Silkair, then also wont be able to fly together if u r under SIA instead of silkair... u get wat i mean?

heard from my girlfriend, pilot and air stewardess under different union so they wont stay in the same hotel... yups.. but den they can pre-arrange themselves lah..... better dun sound scandalous but heard abit here and there....
Hi Fated,

Pilots doing freighter flights (B-747) will also do some passenger flights...MOreover pilots only fly in one rated aircraft, eg. if hes A345 trained, then he'll only operate A345 aircrafts. Whereas cabin crew can be trained in at least 2 rated aircrafts (eg. B777 and A345); they'll work on these 2 fleets.

Therefore, its quite difficult for both pilots n stewardesses to do the same flights together....unless they request. But they cant always change flights also as theres a limit quota...

cieux

Post by cieux » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:47 pm

sad girl wrote:
cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote: Hi

Did you all send in by post or email on the 17th?
Hi all, i've sent in by email on 17th at bout 1.08pm. Still waiting.. perhaps next batch.
Hi cieux,

i am so upset. perhaps i should give up. Argggghhhh... i sent in my email ard 4.30pm on the 17th. Will there be a next batch?

I am 22 going to 23 yrs old. i just finished my Degree. Now waiting for the graduation ceremony.

Hey sadgal..
Dun be so disheartened k.. perhaps this time there were too many applications.. moreover we only sent in on 17th, one day before closing date.. so perhaps they didn't get to go thru our applications. U see, most of the girls here who sent on 17th afternoon onwards have yet to recieve reply.. I doubt they will give any replies today.. since its already Fri.. but look on the bright side la.. perhaps we're in the next batch together!

Anyway i'm a year younger than u.. going to complete my degree in early next year. I just send in my application to give it a try.

To all the rest who haven got replies... hang in there!!! :wink:

Eline

Post by Eline » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:49 pm

sad girl wrote:
Eline wrote:

Thanks,
Tori
Hi tori,

Hi gerls,

Hi sad girl,
I sent mine in via email.. I am 24 this yr, a graduate too.. Right now i am working. Guess we all just have to wait and see for the next few days.
Good luck to all!

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:49 pm

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote:
cieux wrote: Hi all, i've sent in by email on 17th at bout 1.08pm. Still waiting.. perhaps next batch.
Hi cieux,

Hey sadgal..
Dun be so disheartened k.. perhaps this time there were too many applications.. moreover we only sent in on 17th, one day before closing date.. so perhaps they didn't get to go thru our applications. U see, most of the girls here who sent on 17th afternoon onwards have yet to recieve reply.. I doubt they will give any replies today.. since its already Fri.. but look on the bright side la.. perhaps we're in the next batch together!

Anyway i'm a year younger than u.. going to complete my degree in early next year. I just send in my application to give it a try.

To all the rest who haven got replies... hang in there!!! :wink:
Hi cieux,

Where are you studying? which faculty you doing?

Post by Guest » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:51 pm

Eline wrote:
sad girl wrote:
Eline wrote: Hi tori,

Hi gerls,

Hi sad girl,
I sent mine in via email.. I am 24 this yr, a graduate too.. Right now i am working. Guess we all just have to wait and see for the next few days.
Good luck to all!
Hi,

Where did you grad from? which faculty?

Filen

Post by Filen » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:51 pm

cieux wrote:
sad girl wrote:
cieux wrote: Hi all, i've sent in by email on 17th at bout 1.08pm. Still waiting.. perhaps next batch.
Hi cieux,

Hey sadgal..

Same here. Also sent on 17th. Dun worry. so many of us, meaning there's still chance.

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 1:54 pm

goh wrote:
sad girl wrote:
Eline wrote: Hi tori,

Hi gerls,

Hi sad Girl,

Cheer up,you are young and got the qualification,maybe due to too many applicants that why we are out or maybe in the next batch. Live still goes on, right?So dnt worry,ok?
Hi goh,

Thanks for your encouragement. anyway you working or studying? How old are you? you sent in via email on the 17th?

Leto

Post by Leto » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 2:01 pm

sad girl wrote:
goh wrote:
sad girl wrote: Hi gerls,

Hi sad Girl,

Hi goh,

Thanks for your encouragement. anyway you working or studying? How old are you? you sent in via email on the 17th?
I am not trying to shattered your dreams but just dont want to give you false hope, I dont think you should continue waiting. No more chance of being shortlisted for the interview. Same for all those who have not received any replies e-mail by yesterday. Please give up and try again next time. No more chance this time. And stop asking and waiting, it's a waste of time, and dont deceive yourself.

If you want to go through SIA interviews, you have to be prepared for all these disappointments. If you feel that I am harsh or being arrogant, then i am sorry to say that, even if you go for the interviews, you cannot take, because the comments they give and the results you get will be more heart-breaking that not being shortlisted for the interview.

Thanks.

sCookies

Re: Silkair Final Interview

Post by sCookies » Fri, 01 Jul 2005 2:04 pm

Hey girls waiting for silkair reply. I have just gotten the final interview letter today. Good Luck to all!!
Cas wrote:hi... i'm oso waitin for the letter for final interview... want to keep in touch vis msn? [email protected] add me...