Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ZackyT

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by ZackyT » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:34 pm

rinnyrin wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:01 am
ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:21 am
Hi guys, it’s my first applying online. Applied last Saturday and gotten a reply for an online interview 8 days later which is yesterday. Just wondering if I were to input my interview code into hirevue, will they start the interview immediately or I can practice with the questions being shown there?
Hello! After inputting your code, you can actually choose between starting immediately or practice first. Hope it helps and all the best :D
Thanks you ! Btw, Any idea if the practice question will be the same as the actual interview on hive?

ctsq0505

Post by ctsq0505 » Wed, 04 Dec 2019 2:29 am

delwyn wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 6:18 pm
Anyone heading down to STC on the 18 dec for bond signing ? Do pm me :)
Hello, do you mind sharing your timeline please? Thank you!! :)

delwyn

Post by delwyn » Wed, 04 Dec 2019 6:41 am

Hey guys , here is my timeline: Singapore here stated w immediate effect.

Apply for online interview and did the online interview on 26 aug.

7 sep: STC interview
10 sep: medical
16 oct: received call to submit pending documents
13 nov: received email of commencing on 2 Jan 2020
20 nov: golden email w batch no (1/20)
18 dec: heading down STC for bond signing

If anyone has the similar timeline, plz pm me :)

nylraktac

Post by nylraktac » Wed, 04 Dec 2019 7:39 am

hey guys! anyone got called up for a second x-ray for scoliosis?

tellmemore

Post by tellmemore » Wed, 04 Dec 2019 3:25 pm

anyone here the same?
Malaysian,
14 sept: interview in kl
17 sept: medical c/u.
20 Nov: received em passed medical c/u.
29 Nov: email stating that will be joining 3rd jan 2020.

still waiting for the contract and important details.
do message me :)

leia

Post by leia » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:29 pm

hi to those who did their video interviews on the second last week of november - i just got the round2 invitation email and will be heading down on 14th december. pls let me know if you are going down on the same date too!!

rinnyrin

Post by rinnyrin » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:32 pm

ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:34 pm
rinnyrin wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:01 am
ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:21 am
Hi guys, it’s my first applying online. Applied last Saturday and gotten a reply for an online interview 8 days later which is yesterday. Just wondering if I were to input my interview code into hirevue, will they start the interview immediately or I can practice with the questions being shown there?
Hello! After inputting your code, you can actually choose between starting immediately or practice first. Hope it helps and all the best :D
Thanks you ! Btw, Any idea if the practice question will be the same as the actual interview on hive?
Nope, from what I experienced it was completely different. Plus you'll have to type out an essay and show your full body in the actual interview in Hirevue (these aren't included in the practice session so make sure you're ready!)

Ash1994

Post by Ash1994 » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:32 pm

Just received an email for second round interview on 14/12! Anyone else received??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mockxngjay

Post by mockxngjay » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 7:43 pm

Hello my fellow crews!

I went and passed the interview on 2 Nov in Ipoh, did my medical check up on the 6th and up until now I have not heard anything from them. Has anyone from the 2nd november interview received any response from them yet? Should I give them a call and ask for the progress?

Happyladdie

Post by Happyladdie » Fri, 06 Dec 2019 8:08 am

Ash1994 wrote:
Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:32 pm
Just received an email for second round interview on 14/12! Anyone else received??

Wow, all the best!!

Happyladdie

Post by Happyladdie » Fri, 06 Dec 2019 8:10 am

leia wrote:
Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:29 pm
hi to those who did their video interviews on the second last week of november - i just got the round2 invitation email and will be heading down on 14th december. pls let me know if you are going down on the same date too!!
I did my interview on 23 November and didn't get the email invite yesterday. Safe to say I didn't pass it? Wonder if I can just apply again straight away since i see application is still open.

Edit: I just checked and realised I don't have an option in my interview profile to apply again. Only option is for me to withdraw my application of which is in review status. Although it's in review, I doubt I got in and it's just technical stuff. I wonder if by withdrawing it will allow me to apply again?

leia

Post by leia » Fri, 06 Dec 2019 3:43 pm

Happyladdie wrote:
Fri, 06 Dec 2019 8:10 am
leia wrote:
I did my interview on 23 November and didn't get the email invite yesterday. Safe to say I didn't pass it? Wonder if I can just apply again straight away since i see application is still open.

Edit: I just checked and realised I don't have an option in my interview profile to apply again. Only option is for me to withdraw my application of which is in review status. Although it's in review, I doubt I got in and it's just technical stuff. I wonder if by withdrawing it will allow me to apply again?
uh im not sure though.. those that got the email invite had our interviews due on the 22nd of november. yours will probably be later. but if you want to you can always try again!

Happyladdie

Post by Happyladdie » Fri, 06 Dec 2019 5:04 pm

rinnyrin wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 6:55 pm
Sydneyss wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 5:33 pm
rinnyrin wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 9:17 am

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I just received my email from them again after reapplying!
Wait so you reapplied even though your application was still “in review” and you got the 2nd interview request from SIA?
To clarify, I went for the Round 2 and got disqualified during the skin check, so I reapplied the next day.
Hi, does this mean after you got disqualified, your application status changed from "in review" to something else and an application button for new interview is available again?

Happyladdie

Post by Happyladdie » Fri, 06 Dec 2019 5:06 pm

leia wrote:
Fri, 06 Dec 2019 3:43 pm
Happyladdie wrote:
Fri, 06 Dec 2019 8:10 am
leia wrote:

uh im not sure though.. those that got the email invite had our interviews due on the 22nd of november. yours will probably be later. but if you want to you can always try again!
Ah I realise mine was 22 too I just posted here about it after midnight. I will just wait anyway since I don't know how to reapply again haha. Yeah there's always another time to try 👌Good luck for your interview! Stay calm and positive :)

Z1NN14

Post by Z1NN14 » Sat, 07 Dec 2019 10:00 am

Ash1994 wrote:
Thu, 05 Dec 2019 2:32 pm

Hi I got the same date as you for round 2 interview.

The problem I’m facing right now is that I have a family commitment to attend to, so I’m not able to make it. Tried looking for a HR dept number to call to hopefully reschedule the interview but to no avail so I replied to that email instead.

I’m getting two groups of responses so far: a cousin who was an ex SQ girl told me to go for the interview and not attend the family commitment, since I might not get a chance again if I reject SIA. Another current SQ girl friend told me to go for the family commitment since family is important. Can always reapply and go for the next one. I’m also getting two types of impressions that SIA will be quite responsive and will allow reschedules, another told me that SIA is normally quite merciless in handling such issues.

What do you guys think?