Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
siannnn

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by siannnn » Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:45 am

aljhhh wrote:Hi! Need some advice and help here :( I went for the interview in late October and I passed all rounds, but was put under KIV due to weight issues (too skinny...). They sent me an email recently to go for the review in Dec, but my weight is still not the target they set for me yet, any idea if an extension is possible?? Or what will happen
yes you should reply and ask for an extension, they gave me a 2 week extension for me to stuff myself with more food haha, or if you dont extend and still go underweight you might waste your kiv opportunity:/ all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aljhhh

Post by aljhhh » Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:40 am

Thank you!!! How long did they take to reply you regarding the extension email? Because i emailed them yesterday and have yet to receive any reply :(

aljhhh

Post by aljhhh » Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:41 am

siannnn wrote:
Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:45 am
aljhhh wrote:Hi! Need some advice and help here :( I went for the interview in late October and I passed all rounds, but was put under KIV due to weight issues (too skinny...). They sent me an email recently to go for the review in Dec, but my weight is still not the target they set for me yet, any idea if an extension is possible?? Or what will happen
yes you should reply and ask for an extension, they gave me a 2 week extension for me to stuff myself with more food haha, or if you dont extend and still go underweight you might waste your kiv opportunity:/ all the best!

Thank you!!! How long did they take to reply you regarding the extension email? Because i emailed them yesterday and have yet to receive any reply :(

Happyladdie

Post by Happyladdie » Fri, 29 Nov 2019 2:57 am

Ash1994 wrote:
Sat, 23 Nov 2019 8:32 am
Happyladdie, I think we all think we did badly.... I am the same... I think I didn’t dress formal enough... and I didn’t manage to show my feet cos my phone couldn’t video it from a selfie camera. But I wasn’t wearing shoes tooImage I think next batch is the next application they will open. Probably in Feb?

I see, thank you! I was using a laptop but could barely fit in the frame too! All in all everything was awkward. I'm fine speaking English yet stumbled in the passage reading several times *facepalm*. Anyway, good luck to you and other interviewees!

legalpie

Post by legalpie » Fri, 29 Nov 2019 8:43 am

Anyone mind to share what HireVue question is? And how the essay works do we write on paper. How long does it take for SIA to email you from the day you submit

rinnyrin

Post by rinnyrin » Mon, 02 Dec 2019 9:17 am

Amman1 wrote:
Wed, 27 Nov 2019 10:52 pm
To all video interviewees. Please chill and just wait...... My goodness... Relax... It could take cloae to 2 or 3 weeks before u get shortlisted.... Anyways..... Anybody here the online application on the 23rd or after? Please lemme know if you've been shortlistesd!. Thank you!
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I just received my email from them again after reapplying!

Sydneyss

Post by Sydneyss » Mon, 02 Dec 2019 5:33 pm

rinnyrin wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 9:17 am
Amman1 wrote:
To all video interviewees. Please chill and just wait...... My goodness... Relax... It could take cloae to 2 or 3 weeks before u get shortlisted.... Anyways..... Anybody here the online application on the 23rd or after? Please lemme know if you've been shortlistesd!. Thank you!
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I just received my email from them again after reapplying!
Wait so you reapplied even though your application was still “in review” and you got the 2nd interview request from SIA?

rinnyrin

Post by rinnyrin » Mon, 02 Dec 2019 6:55 pm

Sydneyss wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 5:33 pm
rinnyrin wrote:
Amman1 wrote:
Wait so you reapplied even though your application was still “in review” and you got the 2nd interview request from SIA?
To clarify, I went for the Round 2 and got disqualified during the skin check, so I reapplied the next day.

Sydneyss

Post by Sydneyss » Mon, 02 Dec 2019 9:03 pm

rinnyrin wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 6:55 pm
Sydneyss wrote:
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 5:33 pm
rinnyrin wrote:

To clarify, I went for the Round 2 and got disqualified during the skin check, so I reapplied the next day.
Thanks for the reply! I hope you get through all rounds this time!

ZackyT

Post by ZackyT » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:21 am

Hi guys, it’s my first applying online. Applied last Saturday and gotten a reply for an online interview 8 days later which is yesterday. Just wondering if I were to input my interview code into hirevue, will they start the interview immediately or I can practice with the questions being shown there?

jslonlyx

Post by jslonlyx » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:47 am

Last edited by jslonlyx on Sun, 23 Feb 2020 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rinnyrin

Post by rinnyrin » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:01 am

ZackyT wrote:
Tue, 03 Dec 2019 9:21 am
Hi guys, it’s my first applying online. Applied last Saturday and gotten a reply for an online interview 8 days later which is yesterday. Just wondering if I were to input my interview code into hirevue, will they start the interview immediately or I can practice with the questions being shown there?
Hello! After inputting your code, you can actually choose between starting immediately or practice first. Hope it helps and all the best :D

mellyboop

Post by mellyboop » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 5:44 pm

siannnn wrote:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 6:49 pm
mellyboop wrote:
delwyn wrote:
Wed, 13 Nov 2019 1:44 am

The skin check round, they make you stand under the ceiling light check ur face and arms and legs and ur walk
thank you for letting me know!! can i just check with you, how thoroughly do they check for scars on arms? do they just check wrist or the whole arm and for how long? sorry for asking so much, im a little worried about this :oops:
hey!! i was previously KIVed for skin issues haha so i understand how you feel - generally they check your face first, they’ll ask you to face up and tilt left right under the ceiling (yellow-ish) light mainly to check for visible bumps. then they move down and ask you stretch our both arms and they’ll just take a brief look and they didnt even check my legs haha although i was slightly worried about this scar i have on my ankle. i think the rule of thumb is if as long as you can cover it up with makeup youre good to go:) all the best!

Thank you for your reply!!! This is such a relief <3

mellyboop

Post by mellyboop » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 5:46 pm

heydayash wrote:
Thu, 14 Nov 2019 4:32 pm
mellyboop wrote:
Mon, 11 Nov 2019 1:17 pm
hey everyone! wondering if anyone here had their video interview due on 6th Nov. I'm waiting (very hopefully) for a follow-up email to head down to STC. Anyone else submitted their hirevue interview around this time too? :D
hey there! I had the video interview due on the 6th Nov too! Did you receive any follow up email already?
No sadly I've not received any follow up, how about you?
I hope it's cos they're consolidating the Nov-Dec applicants together and having the interview maybe late Dec or early Jan. Just a speculation :)

delwyn

Post by delwyn » Tue, 03 Dec 2019 6:18 pm

Anyone heading down to STC on the 18 dec for bond signing ? Do pm me :)