Singapore Expats

Questions about prescriptions of Xanax

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
RyanFromTheUS

Questions about prescriptions of Xanax

Post by RyanFromTheUS » Sat, 09 Nov 2019 11:16 pm

Hello,

I am moving to Singapore in just over a month. I have been Googling this for a bit but I hadn’t found a clear answer so I thought I might post here.

I understand you need prior approval for bringing Xanax and many other substances into Singapore.

However, can you get prescriptions for Xanax in Singapore? I only take it for flight anxiety, but it would be nice if I didn’t need to worry about bringing more than I actually need, expiration of meds, etc.

Thanks,

Ryan

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Questions about prescriptions of Xanax

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 12:33 am

RyanFromTheUS wrote:
Sat, 09 Nov 2019 11:16 pm
Hello,

I am moving to Singapore in just over a month. I have been Googling this for a bit but I hadn’t found a clear answer so I thought I might post here.

I understand you need prior approval for bringing Xanax and many other substances into Singapore.

However, can you get prescriptions for Xanax in Singapore? I only take it for flight anxiety, but it would be nice if I didn’t need to worry about bringing more than I actually need, expiration of meds, etc.

Thanks,

Ryan
If it is only for short term use and if the local General Practitioner feels that you need it, he may give you a limited quantity. Else you need to meet a psychiatrist in SG to prescribe you the same.

HSA website is down NOW. There are certain medications that you can bring in limited quantity for personal use with written approval from HSA.

RyanFromTheUS

Post by RyanFromTheUS » Sun, 10 Nov 2019 3:49 am

Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn’t sure if it was even available so that’s a relief!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:11 am

RyanFromTheUS wrote:
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 3:49 am
Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn’t sure if it was even available so that’s a relief!
read the below

https://www.hsa.gov.sg/personal-medication/

for your medication it says

This medication requires approval.
You need to apply for approval at least 10 working days before your expected arrival in Singapore, because your medication is a controlled substance.