Singapore Expats

Applying for EP & DP for spouse outside from Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Bunny101

Applying for EP & DP for spouse outside from Singapore

Post by Bunny101 » Sun, 29 Sep 2019 8:45 pm

Hi,

I'm going to apply for the EP through my employer.Still i'm outside Singapore. I need to know can apply for both EP and DP for spouse at the same-time while outside from Singapore? If it is yes, both will be approved at the same-time?

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Applying for EP & DP for spouse outside from Singapore

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 29 Sep 2019 10:19 pm

Bunny101 wrote:
Sun, 29 Sep 2019 8:45 pm
Hi,

I'm going to apply for the EP through my employer.Still i'm outside Singapore. I need to know can apply for both EP and DP for spouse at the same-time while outside from Singapore? If it is yes, both will be approved at the same-time?

Thanks!
Yes your employer can apply while you are still overseas.

Yes, EP and DP can be applied at the same. The DP gets approved only if the EP is approved and the DP application/applicant is found to be fully Ok.

But compared to the EP, DP is relatively easier to get approved.

Bunny101

Post by Bunny101 » Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:11 pm

Thanks for the information

Bunny101

Post by Bunny101 » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 2:56 pm

Another clarification please. Only employer can apply for the DP? Can't be applied by my spouse once approved my EP?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 3:09 pm

Bunny101 wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 2:56 pm
Another clarification please. Only employer can apply for the DP? Can't be applied by my spouse once approved my EP?
No only Employer. Did you ever visit the MOM website and read on the Dependant Pass? It is very clear here. Shows that you have not even done basic research

It very clearly says - Who can apply - Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).

Bunny101

Post by Bunny101 » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 4:40 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 3:09 pm
Bunny101 wrote:
No only Employer. Did you ever visit the MOM website and read on the Dependant Pass? It is very clear here. Shows that you have not even done basic research

It very clearly says - Who can apply - Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
Sorry. I have already checked. I wanted to double check this. Because i got a job through a recruitment company. I'm getting paid their payroll but need to work at another employer's premises. So when i asked from the recruitment company regarding my spouse's DP, they said that it needs to be applied by myself. Not by them. That's why.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 5:12 pm

Bunny101 wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 4:40 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 3:09 pm
Bunny101 wrote:

Sorry. I have already checked. I wanted to double check this. Because i got a job through a recruitment company. I'm getting paid their payroll but need to work at another employer's premises. So when i asked from the recruitment company regarding my spouse's DP, they said that it needs to be applied by myself. Not by them. That's why.
Normal EP Holders cant apply DP for their dependants. The company has to apply. Only PEP Holders can apply DP directly for their dependants.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 5:39 pm

The recruitment company is trying to shirk their obligations because it puts them on the hook as sponsor but you are there only because they need to subcon you out to their client. That is why they don't want to sponsor your spouse DP. The client is not about to cover any costs for DPs or breach of any terms by the DP and because the agency would have to absorb any costs there, they are refusing to.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bunny101

Post by Bunny101 » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 6:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 5:39 pm
The recruitment company is trying to shirk their obligations because it puts them on the hook as sponsor but you are there only because they need to subcon you out to their client. That is why they don't want to sponsor your spouse DP. The client is not about to cover any costs for DPs or breach of any terms by the DP and because the agency would have to absorb any costs there, they are refusing to.
Thanks for the info

memento

Post by memento » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 9:30 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 5:39 pm
If the company refuses to apply DP for your wife and child. Are there any options?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 2:48 pm

None that I'm aware of.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers