Singapore Expats

<Indian> PR on hold since Apr’19

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
prchecker

<Indian> PR on hold since Apr’19

Post by prchecker » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 3:56 pm

Greetings to All,

We are family of 3(Myself, My Wife and My Daughter). Age of Mine & My Wife is 32 whereas my Daughter age is 4. My Wife is expected and we are planning to have delivery here in NUH, Singapore. Basically, We all are from India.

We are in Singapore since May’15. We(Me & My Wife) have masters in computers and have around 9 year of experience. I and my Wife are working for reputed company in IT industry and our monthly household income is around 11K SGDs. We have hired a helper to look after my Daughter after her school.

We are very much interested to get PR and then citizenship. We love this country because of several reasons like lovely/caring people, amazing bonding in different race and superb infrastructure. People are humble and helpful. Government work is really awesome towards country.

2 of my paternal side uncles are Singapore Citizens who are living here since almost 20 years. If we count then We can say around 20 of our family members are staying in Singapore.
I quarterly do blood donations and I usually attend event for old age homes.
Juniors in my company admire me for the training which I gave them and my seniors are also happy with my hard work. They are willing to write reference letter for me.

We have applied for PR and it is pending since Apr’19. Do we need to send an email to ICA to ask if We can email one cover letter to them about our work towards the SG society and about our extended family. Plz advise.

Thankyou
Have A Good Day Ahead
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: <Indian> PR on hold since Apr’19

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 4:26 pm

At this point in time you have only had your application in for 5 or 6 months. Wait until you have been waiting for 16 months or so. Normally waiting time is currently (for the last year or so) around 12 to 18 months before either approval or rejection.

As far as community service and blood letting is concerned, it is of no consequence any more because so many of your countrymen used that ruse and then as soon as they got their PRs it stopped. This only shows the government that your countrymen were only doing it for themselves and not because of an altruistic nature which is what the gahment are looking for.

Reference letters are also a waste of time. If they want additional information they will ask you for it and they will tell you specifically what they want. The rest they are not interested at all. Sending them letter about your extended family is not a good idea. One of the things they look for is how much additional baggage it may create if they give you PR. If they ask for your extended family still in India, you can be sure that is what they are checking on. (do some research on here and you will find numerous instances where applicants have been sent that request by ICA while others have not). Just hang in there and don't be surprised if you have to wait 18 months (we've seen a couple that actually went to 22/23 months).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 5:19 pm

Thanks a lot Dear for your quick reply.
It’s my first attempt for PR application.
Let me clarify one thing, I usually did blood donation and community services in India too. Some people made pattern here to do these services for PR only and that’s really bad.
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 6:30 pm

I didn't say you weren't altruistic, but the vast majority of your countrymen who came here before you weren't. It's like Kiasuism here in Singapore - the vast majority aren't that bad, but it only take a couple of percent and the whole country gets tarred with the same brush. Same-same. Oh, and I'm not Dear.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 7:51 pm

prchecker wrote:
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 3:56 pm
Greetings to All,

We are family of 3(Myself, My Wife and My Daughter). Age of Mine & My Wife is 32 whereas my Daughter age is 4. My Wife is expected and we are planning to have delivery here in NUH, Singapore. Basically, We all are from India.

We are in Singapore since May’15. We(Me & My Wife) have masters in computers and have around 9 year of experience. I and my Wife are working for reputed company in IT industry and our monthly household income is around 11K SGDs. We have hired a helper to look after my Daughter after her school.

We are very much interested to get PR and then citizenship. We love this country because of several reasons like lovely/caring people, amazing bonding in different race and superb infrastructure. People are humble and helpful. Government work is really awesome towards country.

2 of my paternal side uncles are Singapore Citizens who are living here since almost 20 years. If we count then We can say around 20 of our family members are staying in Singapore.
I quarterly do blood donations and I usually attend event for old age homes.
Juniors in my company admire me for the training which I gave them and my seniors are also happy with my hard work. They are willing to write reference letter for me.

We have applied for PR and it is pending since Apr’19. Do we need to send an email to ICA to ask if We can email one cover letter to them about our work towards the SG society and about our extended family. Plz advise.

Thankyou
Have A Good Day Ahead
Really surprised that you wanted to email ICA. It is just 5 months and on the ICA website it has clearly said 4-6 months and also if you go through the forum, you will find it common that it takes around 12-18 months easily.

What do you and your wife work as in IT?

Mentioning details of extended family is not going to be of ANY use. If your managers, etc were happy with your work etc, why didn't you submit those letters when you submitted the PR Application? Don't submit those now and complicate things.

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 9:45 pm

Dear Singaporeflyer,

No need to be surprised as I want to know if reference will be entertained or not. We both are software engineer in bank and automation company respectively.

I did not find out any option to upload other documents during PR application otherwise I would have uploaded rather writing here. 😊

ThankYou for your Inputs
Have a good evening ahead
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 9:48 pm

Dear sundaymorningstaple/singaporeflyer,

I have one more question here that is my EP is going to renew in Dec’19 so would it impact our existing PR application?

Plz advise.

ThankYou 😊🤝
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Sep 2019 9:52 pm

No. It will not impact your PR application. In fact, renewal will help as it will show ICA that you are/will be still gainfully employed.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 1:08 am

prchecker wrote:
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 9:45 pm
Dear Singaporeflyer,

No need to be surprised as I want to know if reference will be entertained or not. We both are software engineer in bank and automation company respectively.

I did not find out any option to upload other documents during PR application otherwise I would have uploaded rather writing here. 😊

ThankYou for your Inputs
Have a good evening ahead
If your title is just software engineer and also in the banking finance industry, sorry to say that your chances will be low, as there are many Software Engineers available in Singapore and 5 years is considered short based on where you are coming from. Your chance would be around 35%. But if you wait for another 3-4 years and try again, you might get lucky. Good luck.

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 9:05 am

GM SingaporeFlyer/SundayMorningStaples,

I am in banking but I am at technical side and taking care of Banks main user interfacing applications 😊. I want to highlight one more thing that I have contract job.
My Wife is working on DP but have permanent job in automation industry and her company work for Thomson line and she develop code for mrt signalling.
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

Rogertili

Post by Rogertili » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 4:36 pm

Hi,

As far as I know the waiting period easily goes up to 12 months. The longest I heard is 17 months.

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 4:50 pm

Hello Rogeltili,

Thanks but that’s too long 🙂.

Hope PR will approve for those whose waiting period is between 12-17 months.
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 5:28 pm

Many PR applications take about > 12 months nowadays for both acceptance and rejections.

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:01 pm

Thanks Bro75 🤝
Thankyou
Have a good day ahead

prchecker

Post by prchecker » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 9:19 am

@bro75 @rogertili @singaporeflyer @sundaymorningstaple

Finally my PR application is rejected after waiting exactly for 6 months 😞

Should I go for appeal or When should I Reapply. Please advise