Singapore Expats

Reentering Singapore without IPA letter

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
eren_jaeger

Reentering Singapore without IPA letter

Post by eren_jaeger » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 9:22 am

Hi, my employer has just started to apply EP for me but my social visit pass is ending soon.
I am planning to either leave Singapore to JB for half a day then reenter Singapore again on the same day, or go back to my hometown in Malaysia for a week.
My question is, does the immigration allow me to reenter if I have not gotten my IPA letter yet?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Reentering Singapore without IPA letter

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 1:29 pm

eren_jaeger wrote:
Sun, 11 Aug 2019 9:22 am
Hi, my employer has just started to apply EP for me but my social visit pass is ending soon.
I am planning to either leave Singapore to JB for half a day then reenter Singapore again on the same day, or go back to my hometown in Malaysia for a week.
My question is, does the immigration allow me to reenter if I have not gotten my IPA letter yet?
Assuming that you are a malaysian.

If you have not stayed here in SG for long on Social Visit Pass, you can go back to your home town in malaysia and come back as a vistor again after 1 week. That should be OK?

Why do you want to stay in SG till you get your EP Result? What is the motive? Why cant you wait for your EP Result and then decide if there is a need to come back to SG?

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 1:40 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 11 Aug 2019 1:29 pm
eren_jaeger wrote:

If you have not stayed here in SG for long on Social Visit Pass, you can go back to your home town in malaysia and come back as a vistor again after 1 week. That should be OK?

Why do you want to stay in SG till you get your EP Result? What is the motive? Why cant you wait for your EP Result and then decide if there is a need to come back to SG?
I asked the officer in ICA before and the officer claimed I can go to JB and come back within a day. Also in the past my EP was issued pretty quick (within 10 days), that is why I was planning to make a quick exit and reenter again into Singapore. So that as soon as I got my EP approved then I can proceed to make preparation to start working asap.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 2:54 pm

eren_jaeger wrote:
Sun, 11 Aug 2019 1:40 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
eren_jaeger wrote:

I asked the officer in ICA before and the officer claimed I can go to JB and come back within a day. Also in the past my EP was issued pretty quick (within 10 days), that is why I was planning to make a quick exit and reenter again into Singapore. So that as soon as I got my EP approved then I can proceed to make preparation to start working asap.
You can't come back in 1-2 days after your EP Result? Not sure why you are rushing and want to stay in SG till your EP result

The officer who said you can come back from JB, will not be the same officer who will grant you the SVP Stamp again when you enter. What I said is with consideration that you stay in your hometown for 1 week and then come back so that your chance of getting SVP stamped is high. But if you want to short cut and try, it is up to u?

If you have already made up your decision to go in that route, why ask the same in forum?

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 2:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 11 Aug 2019 2:54 pm
eren_jaeger wrote:
Sun, 11 Aug 2019 1:40 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

You can't come back in 1-2 days after your EP Result? Not sure why you are rushing and want to stay in SG till your EP result

The officer who said you can come back from JB, will not be the same officer who will grant you the SVP Stamp again when you enter. What I said is with consideration that you stay in your hometown for 1 week and then come back so that your chance of getting SVP stamped is high. But if you want to short cut and try, it is up to u?

If you have already made up your decision to go in that route, why ask the same in forum?
I have not made up my decision yet. Also want to get second opinion since I was not fully trusting what the officer told me. Anyway thanks for your info.

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Sun, 11 Aug 2019 3:17 pm

Another reason is also because I need to stay here to seek legal help for certain issue that I faced that's why I tried to see whether I can do a reroute to JB and reenter again.