Singapore Expats

What is your take on health supplements?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Ariana

What is your take on health supplements?

Post by Ariana » Tue, 19 Mar 2019 4:06 pm

Hi guys, I am currently looking for health-conscious individuals or ladies who have tried detox diets.
There are so many health supplement promoting weight loss, fat-burning and detox! Brands like Skinny Mint, Skinnyfit, baetea etc. Would love to hear your thoughts and reviews on this! :roll: :roll: :roll:

#yougogirl

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Re: What is your take on health supplements?

Post by archcherub » Tue, 23 Apr 2019 5:05 pm

not a big fan of health supplements. seems like everywhere its fake or overhyped stuff to pay a big chunk of money to put into our stomach.
just go for healthier food in our daily meals.

Jun STSG

Post by Jun STSG » Mon, 17 Jun 2019 1:54 am

Agreed with Rach.
But where can we get healthier food in the market?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Jun 2019 4:08 pm

Jun STSG wrote:Agreed with Rach.
But where can we get healthier food in the market?
That's got to be one of the stupidest questions I've seen on here in quite a while. Any market that sells fresh produce. Don't eat processed foods. If it comes in a box, sealed bag, can or bottle it's processed and is full of garbage and chemicals you don't need. Buy fresh foods and cook it yourself so you know what is being put into it. Don't eat at restaurants or food stalls as you have no control what is being put into the mix. It's all common sense. If you need to put vitamins or supplements in your body, you are not eating right.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

janicejanjanny

Post by janicejanjanny » Wed, 26 Jun 2019 4:32 pm

Well I believe there are some stuff you can't get off regular food, like fenugreek or some other herbs. Or even fish oil if you don't like fish. But for multi vitamins, I feel may be overrated.

Genesischiropractics

Post by Genesischiropractics » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 4:32 pm

All products labeled as a dietary supplement carry a Supplement Facts panel that lists the contents, amount of active ingredients per serving, and other added ingredients (like fillers, binders, and flavorings). The manufacturer suggests the serving size, but you or your health care provider might decide that a different amount is more appropriate for you.

karltan

Post by karltan » Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:52 am

Hi,

Most detox products and other health "packages" sold with extensive marketing and hype are completely useless. They do nothing and are just out to earn the money of unknowing newbies in this area. Your liver and kidney are your two biggest detox and waste eradicating organs.

There is no particular food/juice cleanse or some program that detoxes you. I can go on for days about the missing context in these products and the lies they tell. In short, the only thing which works long term is a good diet AND lots of the correct workouts.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by moderator

mavira_john11

Post by mavira_john11 » Sat, 20 Jul 2019 1:17 pm

Better to use the organic fresh foods and exercise to reduce the weight with no side effects. Detox products and other medicines to reduce the weight can be waster of time and money.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Jul 2019 4:00 pm

Organic is also a waste of money.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 27 Sep 2019 3:21 pm

I personally am afraid of health supplements as I cannot be certain of its components of the supplement. Normal food that you intake would usually supplement you well. Unless you are deficient in certain minerals as diagnosed by your doctors, you don't really need supplements.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

audrey_

Post by audrey_ » Wed, 23 Oct 2019 1:17 pm

Don't do it. Most health supplements are unregulated here in Singapore so you will never know what it's the pill. I know most of my friends who take pills to lose weigh. The ingredients listed are so tiny and full of technical terms - how would you know what's in your body if consumed?

Take a safer road. Avoid supplements and pills at all cost. If you want to do it, do it the right way. Do it the healthier way.