Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
JanaeLim

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by JanaeLim » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 12:40 pm

Hi,

How strict are there about facial acne. I have some not very bad but obvious enough :(
I also have slight eczema on my calf areas. Anyone with not so good skin condition getting through the skin check?
How do they do skin checks on legs ? is it just the parts not covered by the kebaya or will they lift up the skirt to check
Thinking of applying for their july intake but not very confident hais
thanks in advance!!

jiayi9548

Post by jiayi9548 » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:37 pm

JanaeLim wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 12:40 pm
Hi,

How strict are there about facial acne. I have some not very bad but obvious enough :(
I also have slight eczema on my calf areas. Anyone with not so good skin condition getting through the skin check?
How do they do skin checks on legs ? is it just the parts not covered by the kebaya or will they lift up the skirt to check
Thinking of applying for their july intake but not very confident hais
thanks in advance!!
They did ask me to lift up the kebaya for them to take a glance. I have some small scars left from mosquito bites but luckily I passed. For facial/upper body scars tho, I feel they are quite strict. Just try your best to take care of your skin and use some makeup to cover them up. Stay positive, smile and all the best! :D

Jennaxz

Post by Jennaxz » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:42 pm

kxbxh wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 12:13 pm
[quote=Jennaxz post_id=811852 time=<a href="tel:1562038465">1562038465</a> user_id=242027]
Has anyone gotten their calls yet?
i’m waiting as well... :)
[/quote]When did u go for your medical?

kxbxh

Post by kxbxh » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:47 pm

Jennaxz wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:42 pm
kxbxh wrote:
[quote=Jennaxz post_id=811852 time=<a href="tel:1562038465">1562038465</a> user_id=242027]
When did u go for your medical?
[/quote]
i went on 11th, however i had to go for another medical so completed all at about 18th? you?

Jennaxz

Post by Jennaxz » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 5:54 pm

kxbxh wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:47 pm
Jennaxz wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 1:42 pm
kxbxh wrote:
When did u go for your medical?
i went on 11th, however i had to go for another medical so completed all at about 18th? you?
[/quote]

i went medical on the 24th June!

willowq

Post by willowq » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 6:26 pm

spotlighsister wrote:
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 10:10 am
Hi, can somebody assist me on this?
Went for interview on 8 jun and was told that ill be KIV-ed at skin check round. The person told me that she’ll have me be back in a month’s time, she did not specify the date but by right it should be 6 jul. I’ve not received any email or calls regarding a review though and it’s already 2 jul. Should I be worried? :-(

Btw, my status on their application page is still “in review” if that helps!
Hi, i'm not sure if this helps but a girl and myself both went for 8th June interview as well, but we had to return on 22nd June for the final round because we were the last group and they were too tired or something. The girl is in the same situation as you too, maybe it will take some time for you to get a response but I doubt they'll forget about you

MichelleMeow

Post by MichelleMeow » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 11:40 am

Hello everyone!

Congrats to those who had passed their interview!
I would like to check how is the process like for the 5 stages.
Appreciate anyone's answer!

Thank you very much!

TYF22

Post by TYF22 » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 6:24 pm

Anyone going for review on this coming Saturday? \:D/
For the review they will only check the reason that hold you for KIV right?
For example, if skin problem they will just check the skin condition? Would they remeasure the weight and height etc?

TYF22

Post by TYF22 » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 6:29 pm

spotlighsister wrote:
Went for interview on 8 jun and was told that ill be KIV-ed at skin check round. The person told me that she’ll have me be back in a month’s time, she did not specify the date but by right it should be 6 jul. I’ve not received any email or calls regarding a review though and it’s already 2 jul. Should I be worried? :-(

Based on what I understand, if they put you in KIV they will not forget you they will contact you. Normally they will contact you at least 1-2weeks time, won't be shorter than one week. So if they still havent contact you then you wont be having review on 6th July. Think in a good way, you have more time now to treat whatever imperfection on your skin so, steady and wait patiently! :lol:

TYF22

Post by TYF22 » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 6:30 pm

TYF22 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 6:29 pm
spotlighsister wrote:

Based on what I understand, if they put you in KIV they will not forget you they will contact you. Normally they will contact you at least 1-2weeks in advance, won't be shorter than one week. So if they still havent contact you then you wont be having review on 6th July. Think in a good way, you have more time now to treat whatever imperfection on your skin so, steady and wait patiently! :lol:

spotlighsister

Post by spotlighsister » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:28 pm

TYF22 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 6:30 pm
TYF22 wrote:
spotlighsister wrote:

Based on what I understand, if they put you in KIV they will not forget you they will contact you. Normally they will contact you at least 1-2weeks in advance, won't be shorter than one week. So if they still havent contact you then you wont be having review on 6th July. Think in a good way, you have more time now to treat whatever imperfection on your skin so, steady and wait patiently! :lol:
Hmm...is there a chance for the review to be more than a month even though the checker told me that review will be in a month’s time? Should i contact them? My online status is still “in review”!

TYF22

Post by TYF22 » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:34 pm

spotlighsister wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:28 pm
TYF22 wrote:
TYF22 wrote:

Hmm...is there a chance for the review to be more than a month even though the checker told me that review will be in a month’s time? Should i contact them? My online status is still “in review”!
hmm I'm not really sure. For my case, they never tell me how long will be given, about 3months later they actually asked me go back for a review but I told them I am not ready yet, so they given me a time frame and asked me to contact them again when I'm ready. So after I contacted them (via email) they actually replied me three days later with a review date and they sent me details two weeks in advance again to remind. So I don't think they will forget candidate if they told you they will put you in KIV. But you went for walk in interview or invited interview after online application?

spotlighsister

Post by spotlighsister » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:38 pm

TYF22 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:34 pm
spotlighsister wrote:
TYF22 wrote:
hmm I'm not really sure. For my case, they never tell me how long will be given, about 3months later they actually asked me go back for a review but I told them I am not ready yet, so they given me a time frame and asked me to contact them again when I'm ready. So after I contacted them (via email) they actually replied me three days later with a review date and they sent me details two weeks in advance again to remind. So I don't think they will forget candidate if they told you they will put you in KIV. But you went for walk in interview or invited interview after online application?
Hello! I went for walk in interview on 8 jun! Person told me to come back in a month’s time

kxbxh

Post by kxbxh » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:40 pm

spotlighsister wrote:
TYF22 wrote:
TYF22 wrote:

don’t worry because they’ll definitely contact you. they’re probably finding the next available day for your review :) i had encountered the same thing so i am pretty sure they’ll contact you soon! and i think the online status won’t update so quickly?

TYF22

Post by TYF22 » Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:41 pm

spotlighsister wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:38 pm
TYF22 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 8:34 pm
spotlighsister wrote:

Hello! I went for walk in interview on 8 jun! Person told me to come back in a month’s time
I see.. I dont think they will forget you but if you wanna check to ensure maybe you can try to contact them to enquiry. :wink: