Singapore Expats Forum

Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vah

Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Postby vah » Mon, 06 May 2019 8:14 pm

Hi there, I know that you can apply with or without Annex A, but would applying without it reduce my chances significantly ? My company has a policy of minimum work time in company before they sign out Annex A, I would be eligible in about 9 months time.

Meanwhile I also came across some advices that the Annex A does not really matter, if your profile is suitable you will get it, and if not you won't, the Annex A won't matter in the slightest.

My family are thinking to buy a place in Singapore since we have been renting our whole life, and as PR you got a significant discount on the stamp duty, so I would rather apply now vs 9 months later if the Annex A does not really matter

Anyone have any thoughts about this ? thank you very much.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Applying PR without Annex A, reduced chances ?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 May 2019 9:33 pm

Unless you have been here at least two consecutive years encompassing three tax returns it's highly unlikely that you would be successful in a PR application in any case. However, if you can meet that, as long as you have been with your employer at least 6 full months, then, yeah, don't worry about the Annex A as this was often used by the employer as a means of keep the employee tied to the employer. ICA knows this and it's why it's not really needed today, also, if you cannot produce 6 months play slips from that employer, it will diminish you chances somewhat, but not necessarily an automatic rejection.