Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Itsanavocado2344
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Itsanavocado2344 » Fri, 12 Apr 2019 1:05 am

Hi guys, can i ask if anyone has tried to defer their training after verbally telling the staff that you’re okay with the training date given and after emailing them to confirm you will attend ? Will they reject me if I try to defer ?

Raxsiel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Raxsiel » Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:08 pm

Itsanavocado2344 wrote:Hi guys, can i ask if anyone has tried to defer their training after verbally telling the staff that you’re okay with the training date given and after emailing them to confirm you will attend ? Will they reject me if I try to defer ?


Hey..let me know if you defer... what is your join date?

Itsanavocado2344
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Itsanavocado2344 » Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:11 pm

Raxsiel wrote:
Itsanavocado2344 wrote:Hi guys, can i ask if anyone has tried to defer their training after verbally telling the staff that you’re okay with the training date given and after emailing them to confirm you will attend ? Will they reject me if I try to defer ?


Hey..let me know if you defer... what is your join date?


Hey I pmed you, lets talk over there

archpunk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby archpunk » Fri, 12 Apr 2019 9:15 pm

Hey. Anyone will be in batch 32/19? :)

chubsxzc9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 22 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby chubsxzc9 » Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:20 am

archpunk wrote:Hey. Anyone will be in batch 32/19? :)


when is the starting date for this batch?

archpunk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby archpunk » Sat, 13 Apr 2019 1:18 am

chubsxzc9 wrote:
archpunk wrote:Hey. Anyone will be in batch 32/19? :)


when is the starting date for this batch?


2nd May.

Itsanavocado2344
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Itsanavocado2344 » Sat, 13 Apr 2019 4:33 pm

Hi guys, does anybody know the 18 months bond is inclusive of the 4 months training ? So that means 14 months of flying ?

znzn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby znzn » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 9:53 am

Itsanavocado2344 wrote:Hi guys, does anybody know the 18 months bond is inclusive of the 4 months training ? So that means 14 months of flying ?


It’s a 22months bond, so 4 months of training and 18 months of flying

znzn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 15 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby znzn » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 9:56 am

Hi! could anyone advise me on what to wear during training? how about the first day?

archpunk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby archpunk » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:04 am

znzn wrote:Hi! could anyone advise me on what to wear during training? how about the first day?


When do you start??

chilipadi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 01 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby chilipadi » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:12 pm

Hi, is anyone starting training on 6 May?

theohey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 31 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby theohey » Tue, 16 Apr 2019 12:39 pm

hey! is anyone starting their training on the 26th of Apr? :-)

fearless8989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby fearless8989 » Wed, 17 Apr 2019 3:50 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here try for SIA again when if you failed your medical? As they won’t tell you the reason to why you fail your medical, I decided to go for a full body check up myself and if it’s minor problem, I would like to fix it and then go through the interview process but I am not sure if I will be “blocked” from the interview the next time round if I failed my medical.

Pls let me know if anyone faced a similar situation and if I still have another chance to go for an interview again. Appreciated much :)

jiayi9548
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby jiayi9548 » Wed, 17 Apr 2019 11:12 am

fearless8989 wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here try for SIA again when if you failed your medical? As they won’t tell you the reason to why you fail your medical, I decided to go for a full body check up myself and if it’s minor problem, I would like to fix it and then go through the interview process but I am not sure if I will be “blocked” from the interview the next time round if I failed my medical.

Pls let me know if anyone faced a similar situation and if I still have another chance to go for an interview again. Appreciated much :)


I saw online people said you wont get blocked. Just don't tell them if you are asked in the next interview(if not wrong the person got in in the end). But you can't make sure what the problem really is. I think if you really want it you can try.

fearless8989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 10 Apr 2019

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby fearless8989 » Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks Jiayi9548

I was wondering if you know if the medical is the only thing that can fail you from your application as a cabin crew? Or are there any factors that might cause you to fail your medical?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest