Singapore Expats Forum

Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.

Sponsored by:
Image
Hotel Booking

Ingenuih
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 29 May 2018

Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby Ingenuih » Tue, 29 May 2018 6:12 pm

So my 11 year old and 8 year old daughters want to take up running after taking part in their schools sports meet. I went to the stadium at Evans Rd a few times to check out the running groups there. Seems like there are many groups training there (Flexi, FWCC, JS Athletics, CJC, SJI, Ufit, MR25 etc) though some look like school teams or just doing general fitness training. Not sure which is which. Which training/coaching group would you recommend for their ages? The group JS Athletics (black and blue) is out for me as I heard the coaches conversation and they are full of expletives and vulgarities. Definitely don’t want my kids picking those up.

Appreciate it if you can provide first-hand feedback on your recommendation.

emphu89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2018

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby emphu89 » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:24 pm

Hi you can try out FWCC. My kid left JS last year as he felt that the training is not working for him and the coaches lack the personal touch. They tend to focus on the better athletes so he felt left out.

But since your daughters are quite young, I guess it it fine for them to try it out first as the kids group tend to play lots of games. The junior coaches will take the kids so they won't be exposed to foul language from the senior coaches.

Js athletics
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2018

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby Js athletics » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:21 am

Ingenuih wrote:So my 11 year old and 8 year old daughters want to take up running after taking part in their schools sports meet. I went to the stadium at Evans Rd a few times to check out the running groups there. Seems like there are many groups training there (Flexi, FWCC, JS Athletics, CJC, SJI, Ufit, MR25 etc) though some look like school teams or just doing general fitness training. Not sure which is which. Which training/coaching group would you recommend for their ages? The group JS Athletics (black and blue) is out for me as I heard the coaches conversation and they are full of expletives and vulgarities. Definitely don’t want my kids picking those up.

Appreciate it if you can provide first-hand feedback on your recommendation.




Hi, I'm a correspondent from JS Athletics.

This post has came to our attention that there is an allegation against our coaches using vulgarities. I'm here to clarify that our coaches have never used vulgarities against any athletes, and we have/ will never use vulgarities in front of any students or against any coaches. We are very strict on our coaches' conduct and professionalism. We take this matter seriously and wish to investigate further and take all necessary actions.

We are the largest track and field private coaching group in Singapore and has always uphold our professionalism. Please contact the head coach Jacter Singh at the earliest possible time to provide more information on this matter. You may contact him at 9671-1470. {sanitized by moderator}

Js athletics
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2018

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby Js athletics » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:29 am

emphu89 wrote:Hi you can try out FWCC. My kid left JS last year as he felt that the training is not working for him and the coaches lack the personal touch. They tend to focus on the better athletes so he felt left out.

But since your daughters are quite young, I guess it it fine for them to try it out first as the kids group tend to play lots of games. The junior coaches will take the kids so they won't be exposed to foul language from the senior coaches.



Hi, we value your feedback. Inevitability there will be stronger athletes in our group. We have always allow our athletes to learn and train with the best. They have also been given many opportunities to grow as an athlete. We take a patient approach and do not expect every athlete to become the best, but we always encourage them to try their best.

Please contact the head coach Jacter Singh at the earliest possible time to provide more information regarding your experience of your child training with us. You may contact him at 9671-1470. {sanitized by moderator}

Js athletics
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2018

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby Js athletics » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:30 am

Alternatively you may leave us your contact details we will contact you soonest possible.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35636
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:58 pm

Js athletics,

So basically, you are calling the OP a liar, is that correct? After all, the OP says HE heard your coaches using vulgarities, etc. (not 3rd party talk-talk). So, unless YOU were there and heard the specific conversation, you cannot deny said claims. He was there trying to make a decision and the language he heard put him off sending his two young girls there. The second poster, who took his kids out of Js said it might be worth a try (using Js) as the coaches for the younger kids didn't use the vulgarities that the senior coaches used. This implies that there have been multiple and probably regular usages of foul language by at least some of your coaches. Instead of getting into an argument with those customers you have already lost, you might start looking inwardly as what seems to be an ongoing problem of which you were not aware of yourself.

I'm leaving the contact number in your posts, but removing the advertising links to your website. Should you feel done by, you can use paid for advertising which we can provide. We do not allow unpaid advertising in the forum messages.

moderator

Js athletics
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2018

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby Js athletics » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 5:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Js athletics,

So basically, you are calling the OP a liar, is that correct? After all, the OP says HE heard your coaches using vulgarities, etc. (not 3rd party talk-talk). So, unless YOU were there and heard the specific conversation, you cannot deny said claims. He was there trying to make a decision and the language he heard put him off sending his two young girls there. The second poster, who took his kids out of Js said it might be worth a try (using Js) as the coaches for the younger kids didn't use the vulgarities that the senior coaches used. This implies that there have been multiple and probably regular usages of foul language by at least some of your coaches. Instead of getting into an argument with those customers you have already lost, you might start looking inwardly as what seems to be an ongoing problem of which you were not aware of yourself.

I'm leaving the contact number in your posts, but removing the advertising links to your website. Should you feel done by, you can use paid for advertising which we can provide. We do not allow unpaid advertising in the forum messages.

moderator



Dear moderator,

Thank you for your reply. We agree to your statement. We're not labelling anyone a liar. My words could be misinterpreted and I apologise.

We're simply emphasizing that our coaches do not and will not speak in such expletive manner towards or in the vicinity of our athletes. The management is very firm with regards to this code of conduct. However, we will counsel our coaches to be mindful in their communications whether on or off the job. We also wish to gain more information on this matter from the posters above.

Once again, We hope the above posters can contact Mr Jacter on this matter. We would like to extend our apologies if we came across wrongly.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35636
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 10:31 pm

Fair enough. - moderator

ForumerX
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 11 Feb 2019

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby ForumerX » Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:39 am

I jog at Queenstown Stadium regularly as I live nearby.

I was looking for a coach and stumbled upon this forum. I have seen JS Athletics training on the track with young trainees as well.

I can say that I have not heard anyone on the track, including the other training teams use unsavory language.

Come visit Queenstown Stadium - it is a nice place.

popoloco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 07 Apr 2019

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby popoloco » Sun, 07 Apr 2019 12:41 am

emphu89 wrote:Hi you can try out FWCC. My kid left JS last year as he felt that the training is not working for him and the coaches lack the personal touch. They tend to focus on the better athletes so he felt left out.

But since your daughters are quite young, I guess it it fine for them to try it out first as the kids group tend to play lots of games. The junior coaches will take the kids so they won't be exposed to foul language from the senior coaches.


Is the coach for FWCC name Fabian Williams? According to SportSG Website he us suspended till Oct 2020. Any idea why?

popoloco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 07 Apr 2019

Re: Any running/athletics/track coach to recommend?

Postby popoloco » Sun, 07 Apr 2019 12:42 am

ForumerX wrote:I jog at Queenstown Stadium regularly as I live nearby.

I was looking for a coach and stumbled upon this forum. I have seen JS Athletics training on the track with young trainees as well.

I can say that I have not heard anyone on the track, including the other training teams use unsavory language.

Come visit Queenstown Stadium - it is a nice place.


OP specifically said “stadium at Evans Rd” so it might be another coach there.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest