Singapore Expats

LTVP Renewal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ckimy85

LTVP Renewal

Post by ckimy85 » Wed, 20 Mar 2019 5:24 pm

Hi guys....

Thanks for reading my post, much appreciated...

I'm a PR (both me & my wife are M'sian), currently renewing my wife's LTVP, submitted on 15 Feb 2019, till today is about 5 weeks already, understand that processing time up to 6 weeks... But the waiting time kills me...

I'm quite curious that when I first apply LTVP for her on last year March 2018, it just took 2-3 days then got approved. Some more that time she still working in Johor Bahru. After got her LTVP, she got an employer to get LOC for her to work in SG.

But now wait about 5 weeks, and still waiting.... Suffer leh....

sheshen

Re: LTVP Renewal

Post by sheshen » Wed, 27 Mar 2019 5:58 pm

Hi,
it should be approved by now? I curious.
Malaysian should not be problem on LTVP renewal, moreover your wife is currently working.
:-"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Mar 2019 7:14 pm

There is a reason why MOM requires all renewals for LOC, since 2018, to be applied for a minum of 3 months before expiry. Apparently some people cannot follow directions. As her previous LOC was granted in March of 2018 the application should have been applied for around the end of December 2018 or at the very latest the beginning of January 2019

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... or-replace

When to renew
For Dependant’s Pass (DP) holders
, you can apply to renew the LOC when the Dependant’s Pass is renewed. You can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires.

For LTVP or LTVP+ holders, you can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires. Before applying, check that the LTVP or LTVP+ is valid for at least 3 months. If it is not, the pass holder needs to go to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to renew the LTVP or LTVP+.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Wed, 27 Mar 2019 11:22 pm

sheshen wrote:Hi,
it should be approved by now? I curious.
Malaysian should not be problem on LTVP renewal, moreover your wife is currently working.
Yes, it just got approved this evening... Finally...

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Wed, 27 Mar 2019 11:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There is a reason why MOM requires all renewals for LOC, since 2018, to be applied for a minum of 3 months before expiry. Apparently some people cannot follow directions. As her previous LOC was granted in March of 2018 the application should have been applied for around the end of December 2018 or at the very latest the beginning of January 2019

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... or-replace

When to renew
For Dependant’s Pass (DP) holders
, you can apply to renew the LOC when the Dependant’s Pass is renewed. You can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires.

For LTVP or LTVP+ holders, you can apply to renew up to 6 months before the LOC expires. Before applying, check that the LTVP or LTVP+ is valid for at least 3 months. If it is not, the pass holder needs to go to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to renew the LTVP or LTVP+.
I saw 6 months before LOC expires, so submit renewal on the 2 months before...

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:14 pm

Currently, I am also the same issue for LTVP renewal. I am working with LOC and LTVP is going to be expired on the 2nd of May. The processing time is around 6 weeks already and my employer is chasing me also. Really suffer... sign

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:21 pm

Isabellesu wrote:Currently, I am also the same issue for LTVP renewal. I am working with LOC and LTVP is going to be expired on the 2nd of May. The processing time is around 6 weeks already and my employer is chasing me also. Really suffer... sign
Hi...

you may email to [email protected] to ask for the status update, as after I posted here, i called ICA and asked, the lady ask me to email in, then the next day i emailed, i got reply with the approved-in-principle, but only able to print all the relevant document one more day as status on the myICA haven't updated yet.

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:29 pm

I already sent an email and also went down to ICA with my spouse. They say just wait until the result coming out. I really have no idea to get approval before my pass is expired. And also really worried about losing my job.

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:29 pm

ckimy85 wrote:
Isabellesu wrote:Currently, I am also the same issue for LTVP renewal. I am working with LOC and LTVP is going to be expired on the 2nd of May. The processing time is around 6 weeks already and my employer is chasing me also. Really suffer... sign
Hi...

you may email to [email protected] to ask for the status update, as after I posted here, i called ICA and asked, the lady ask me to email in, then the next day i emailed, i got reply with the approved-in-principle, but only able to print all the relevant document one more day as status on the myICA haven't updated yet.

I already sent an email and also went down to ICA with my spouse. They say just wait until the result coming out. I really have no idea to get approval before my pass is expired. And also really worried about losing my job.

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:32 pm

Isabellesu wrote: I already sent an email and also went down to ICA with my spouse. They say just wait until the result coming out. I really have no idea to get approval before my pass is expired. And also really worried about losing my job.
I sent email with the explanation, then they got reply me leh... Maybe you wait for 1-2 days again to get their reply?

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:51 pm

I sent an email with the explanation, then they got a reply to me leh... Maybe you wait for 1-2 days again to get their reply?[/quote]

Yes, I got reply also and the email stated that all applications are subjected to the approval of officers and check the status via online. That's it.

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:56 pm

Isabellesu wrote: Yes, I got reply also and the email stated that all applications are subjected to the approval of officers and check the status via online. That's it.
I got their reply like this, email sent on 26/3, reply on 27/3, it seems a reply by human, not those automated reply

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference to your email dated 26/03/2019.

We are pleased to inform that the application has been given the In-Principle Approval (IPA) today. It will be viewable in due course by tomorrow.

You may retrieve the outcome status of the application, tomorrow onwards via the Status Enquiry at https://eservices.ica.gov.sg

to print a copy of the IPA letter for your reference. Thereafter, please proceed to make the payment for the applicable fees within 4 weeks from the IPA date, as otherwise the application will be treated as withdrawn.

After the completion of payment, you need to book the e-appointment for the completion of LTVP formalities at Visitor Services Centre (4th Storey), ICA Building within 2 months. You may select your preferred date and time via our e-appointment facility (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/ibook). Do note that both the applicant & the local sponsor’s presence are required.

Please note that the IPA letter does not constitute a valid pass to remain in Singapore. Please ensure that the applicant has a valid immigration pass to remain in Singapore at all times until the day of completion of formalities.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Thank you.

Best Regards

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 4:09 pm

[/quote]I got their reply like this, email sent on 26/3, reply on 27/3, it seems a reply by human, not those automated reply

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference to your email dated 26/03/2019.

We are pleased to inform that the application has been given the In-Principle Approval (IPA) today. It will be viewable in due course by tomorrow.

You may retrieve the outcome status of the application, tomorrow onwards via the Status Enquiry at https://eservices.ica.gov.sg

to print a copy of the IPA letter for your reference. Thereafter, please proceed to make the payment for the applicable fees within 4 weeks from the IPA date, as otherwise the application will be treated as withdrawn.

After the completion of payment, you need to book the e-appointment for the completion of LTVP formalities at Visitor Services Centre (4th Storey), ICA Building within 2 months. You may select your preferred date and time via our e-appointment facility (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/ibook). Do note that both the applicant & the local sponsor’s presence are required.

Please note that the IPA letter does not constitute a valid pass to remain in Singapore. Please ensure that the applicant has a valid immigration pass to remain in Singapore at all times until the day of completion of formalities.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Thank you.

Best Regards[/quote]

Thanks and hope for me too. It is 6 days left and the waiting time is really a nightmare. sighhhh :(

ckimy85

Post by ckimy85 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 4:14 pm

Isabellesu wrote: Thanks and hope for me too. It is 6 days left and the waiting time is really a nightmare. sighhhh :(
Ya, will be fine one... Wait for your good news...

Isabellesu

Post by Isabellesu » Wed, 24 Apr 2019 9:15 am

ckimy85 wrote:
Isabellesu wrote: Thanks and hope for me too. It is 6 days left and the waiting time is really a nightmare. sighhhh :(
Ya, will be fine one... Wait for your good news...

Finally, the waiting time was over and got approval letter. Thanks so much for your information. (: