Singapore Expats

LTVP for Institute of Higher Learning graduates

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
opunsoars

LTVP for Institute of Higher Learning graduates

Post by opunsoars » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 1:51 pm

Hi.

I am Indian, obtained my PhD from NTU in 2016. After my PhD I joined work directly and have been on EP until NOV 30. I gave my EP back and obtained a 30-day SVP that expires coming DEC 30. I was told that I am eligible for the LTVP given to graduates from Singaporean universities. Every graduate has one-shot at this LTVP I understand.

I have applied for this LTVP on Dec 7 but the application is still receiving attention. Can anyone advice if this delay is purely seasonal or there is a chance of not getting LTVP.

Since my SVP will expire on 30 DEC, I am planning to ask for another 30-day extension while the LTVP result is pending. When should I apply for this extension?

Much appreciated!

luckycricket

Re: LTVP for Institute of Higher Learning graduates

Post by luckycricket » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 2:19 pm

opunsoars wrote:Hi.

I am Indian, obtained my PhD from NTU in 2016. After my PhD I joined work directly and have been on EP until NOV 30. I gave my EP back and obtained a 30-day SVP that expires coming DEC 30. I was told that I am eligible for the LTVP given to graduates from Singaporean universities. Every graduate has one-shot at this LTVP I understand.

I have applied for this LTVP on Dec 7 but the application is still receiving attention. Can anyone advice if this delay is purely seasonal or there is a chance of not getting LTVP.

Since my SVP will expire on 30 DEC, I am planning to ask for another 30-day extension while the LTVP result is pending. When should I apply for this extension?

Much appreciated!
LTVP is for recent graduates so I don't think you are going to get that.. and prepare yourself to leave Singapore on 30th Dec because you are definitely not going to get that extension.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 6:57 pm

luckycricket wrote:
opunsoars wrote:Hi.

Much appreciated!
LTVP is for recent graduates so I don't think you are going to get that.. and prepare yourself to leave Singapore on 30th Dec because you are definitely not going to get that extension.
I am not sure about the LTVP. But he still has some chance to get an SVP Extensuon for another 30 days.

Have you ever used e-XTend before? I am not sure how surely you can say that he wont get an extension?

opunsoars

Post by opunsoars » Fri, 21 Dec 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah I have similar thoughts too.the previous reply sounded more of a curse haha

91stars

Post by 91stars » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 1:12 am

Thanks for posting this message. I was wondering if you got the LTVP? I am in similar situation, would be grateful to know what happened. Cheers

opunsoars

Post by opunsoars » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 1:02 pm

91stars wrote:Thanks for posting this message. I was wondering if you got the LTVP? I am in similar situation, would be grateful to know what happened. Cheers
Yes, received the LTVP. Another thing that happened was that I had to pay fine for overstaying in SG whil receiving the LTVP card. This was because I didnt exit SG assuming that LTVP has arrived. Apparently with LTVP IPA you need to show that you 'entered' SG. to validate the IPA.

91stars

Post by 91stars » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 2:24 pm

That's great you got the LTVP and sorry to hear about the fine you had to pay, that's such a tricky one to be aware about. Also, is your LTVP for 1 year? All the best with job hunt!

opunsoars

Post by opunsoars » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 2:30 pm

yes. 1 year

GaryHan416

Post by GaryHan416 » Sun, 17 Mar 2019 6:39 pm

Hi now I am facing the similar situation. I graduated from NUS in 2017 and worked in SG since then. Currently I am holding EP and wanna resign to find a new job. May I know if I can apply LTVP before EP cancellation? Or do I have to wait for EP cancellation first? My concern is STVP only valid for 30 days but LTVP processing time can be up to 6 weeks. Thank you in advance if can answer my questions. Good day!

opunsoars

Post by opunsoars » Mon, 18 Mar 2019 10:43 am

GaryHan416 wrote:Hi now I am facing the similar situation. I graduated from NUS in 2017 and worked in SG since then. Currently I am holding EP and wanna resign to find a new job. May I know if I can apply LTVP before EP cancellation? Or do I have to wait for EP cancellation first? My concern is STVP only valid for 30 days but LTVP processing time can be up to 6 weeks. Thank you in advance if can answer my questions. Good day!
If you have a higher degree from SG univ, you can apply for the LTVP while you are on your 30-day STVP. It is tricky. Apply for LTVP around Day #10 of STVP. LTVP should come soon. If it doesnt, call the ICA by Day #25 and they will help extend your STVP by another 30 days until LTVP arrives

GaryHan416

Post by GaryHan416 » Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:37 am

opunsoars wrote:
GaryHan416 wrote:Hi now I am facing the similar situation. I graduated from NUS in 2017 and worked in SG since then. Currently I am holding EP and wanna resign to find a new job. May I know if I can apply LTVP before EP cancellation? Or do I have to wait for EP cancellation first? My concern is STVP only valid for 30 days but LTVP processing time can be up to 6 weeks. Thank you in advance if can answer my questions. Good day!
If you have a higher degree from SG univ, you can apply for the LTVP while you are on your 30-day STVP. It is tricky. Apply for LTVP around Day #10 of STVP. LTVP should come soon. If it doesnt, call the ICA by Day #25 and they will help extend your STVP by another 30 days until LTVP arrives
Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully I can find new job soon so no need to apply for LTVP. Cheers!

Evelina12

Post by Evelina12 » Thu, 28 May 2020 4:49 pm

Hello :) , How many times can the institute of higher learning students apply LTVP? Can it be applied only within 3 years after graduated or any time after graduated ? Thanks in advance :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 May 2020 5:59 pm

Evelina12 wrote:
Thu, 28 May 2020 4:49 pm
Hello :) , How many times can the institute of higher learning students apply LTVP? Can it be applied only within 3 years after graduated or any time after graduated ? Thanks in advance :)
Only once. Once you go into a EP from LTVP, you cant get another LTVP later using the IHL education.

mahapurvaja

Post by mahapurvaja » Fri, 04 Mar 2022 1:24 pm

Can anyone confirm if we can apply for LTVP even after 3 years from graduation?

Aid

Post by Aid » Mon, 28 Nov 2022 9:18 pm

mahapurvaja wrote:
Fri, 04 Mar 2022 1:24 pm
Can anyone confirm if we can apply for LTVP even after 3 years from graduation?
Hi, I also have been wondering if graduates still eligible after 3 years of graduation, have you found out the answer?