Singapore Expats

Citizenship application status still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LittleMsCurious

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by LittleMsCurious » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 2:28 pm

Hi all,

I’ve read through the thread but I’ve been having questions in my head that maybe you guys can advice on.

A little background story:

My family of 7 has been PR for 13 years, except my little sister who is born here in SG but not PR, and have applied for SC on 5 Dec 2017 - so far no results yet.

But when we applied together as a family, we were told that I had to do an individual application from them as I was already 21 years old.

My question is: I’m getting married on April 2019, I want to know if me getting married will affect my SC application?

LittleMsCurious

Post by LittleMsCurious » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 2:33 pm

](*,)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 8:11 pm

LittleMsCurious wrote:Hi all,

I’ve read through the thread but I’ve been having questions in my head that maybe you guys can advice on.

A little background story:

My family of 7 has been PR for 13 years, except my little sister who is born here in SG but not PR, and have applied for SC on 5 Dec 2017 - so far no results yet.

But when we applied together as a family, we were told that I had to do an individual application from them as I was already 21 years old.

My question is: I’m getting married on April 2019, I want to know if me getting married will affect my SC application?
If you have applied on your own for SC, your marriage won't affect your application. But make sure to update ICA after the marriage is complete.

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:46 am

Hi, is my understanding of the current process correct? Submit application online and then wait?
Went through the thread and some people mentioned about getting appointments... However I can't seem to figure out where or how to make the appt.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Wed, 13 Mar 2019 1:51 pm

macaronjunkie wrote:Hi, is my understanding of the current process correct? Submit application online and then wait?
Went through the thread and some people mentioned about getting appointments... However I can't seem to figure out where or how to make the appt.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!
if I remember correctly, upon successfully submitting your application online, you will be prompted to select the appointment date to submit & verify your supporting documents. You might have missed that last step.

You should now log in to ICA website using your Singpass and check status of your application; it might then refer you to select your appointment date. Lastly, if in doubt, pick up the phone and call ICA and speak to the officer.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 13 Mar 2019 5:46 pm

Just checked my status today and it says “rejected” after 11 months. Hmm I thought you are supposed to get an email from ICA when a decision has been made?

Question: I’m currently on notice with my current firm and I’m expecting a a salary increment of about 20% in my new job. Based on that, should I appeal?

My new job will start sometime in April

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:14 am

mystic_river wrote:Just checked my status today and it says “rejected” after 11 months. Hmm I thought you are supposed to get an email from ICA when a decision has been made?

Question: I’m currently on notice with my current firm and I’m expecting a a salary increment of about 20% in my new job. Based on that, should I appeal?

Salary is just one of the many variables taken into consideration during your application but guess there's no harm in appealing.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:24 am

Bakulii wrote:
mystic_river wrote:Just checked my status today and it says “rejected” after 11 months. Hmm I thought you are supposed to get an email from ICA when a decision has been made?

Salary is just one of the many variables taken into consideration during your application but guess there's no harm in appealing.
Quite honestly, salary is the only thing going for me. I have been a PR since 2005 (when I was 17) so I doubt applying again “after a few years” is gonna make a diff.

Should I appeal now and submit my new employment letter in April when I start my new job or submit the appeal together my new employment letter around mid April?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 1:43 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Bakulii wrote:

Quite honestly, salary is the only thing going for me. I have been a PR since 2005 (when I was 17) so I doubt applying again “after a few years” is gonna make a diff.

Should I appeal now and submit my new employment letter in April when I start my new job or submit the appeal together my new employment letter around mid April?
Your new job employment letter wont count much as it is not a proven track record. It is something new that you are starting. They would like to see you for atleast a year+ in the new job for considering that to be stable. Looks like you are really in a rush.

ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 2:09 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Bakulii wrote:

Mystic_river,
Is your 11 months period counted from from date of submission of online application or submission of hard copy documents?

All the best for your appeal process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody knows about future!

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 2:39 pm

ancientmariner wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
Bakulii wrote:

Mystic_river,
Is your 11 months period counted from from date of submission of online application or submission of hard copy documents?

All the best for your appeal process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Submission of documents was in April 18. Online application was in March 18.

sc2be

Post by sc2be » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 9:06 am

If take so Long, what happen if change job during waiting time?
mystic_river wrote:Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

So for those concerned, you don't have to keep checking your mailbox. Just check your email instead.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 06 Apr 2019 9:38 am

sc2be wrote:If take so Long, what happen if change job during waiting time?
Email your new employment contract and/or first month pay slip to ICA or make a trip down to 10 Kallang Road?

KimKim2018

Post by KimKim2018 » Wed, 08 May 2019 8:27 am

Hi all,

Can I ask about my chances of getting SC? Submitted documents in November 2018, status is still pending now. :)

My profile:
Race Chinese
Degree from NUS, current pay about 4.5K
PR approved in early 2017
Married in 2018, Husband is SC by birth
Gave birth to first son in 2018, son is SC (followed the father citizenship)

I applied for SC myself not under my husband's sponsorship.

Thank you!!!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 May 2019 11:09 am

KimKim2018 wrote:Hi all,

Can I ask about my chances of getting SC? Submitted documents in November 2018, status is still pending now. :)

My profile:
Race Chinese
Degree from NUS, current pay about 4.5K
PR approved in early 2017
Married in 2018, Husband is SC by birth
Gave birth to first son in 2018, son is SC (followed the father citizenship)

I applied for SC myself not under my husband's sponsorship.

Thank you!!!

chance is low as you did not apply under husband's sponsorship. Why didnt you do that?

How long are you in SG? Where are you from?

Wait for a year or more and apply under husband's sponsorship. It will be easy.