Singapore Expats

EP renewal relates to PR marital status update?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
deeskylar

EP renewal relates to PR marital status update?

Post by deeskylar » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:38 pm

Hello All,

I would like to know whether if there is any relation of my husband's PR marital status update impact onto my EP renewal?

I am asking this is because we got married last year, my husband is a PR and I'm a EP holder. Recently my HR is renewing my EP and she has concern on my marital status due to the application that she fill in online with my husband's NRIC, doesn't seem to show some info ( i guess...)

So, my HR asked to have my husband to update his PR's marital status to ICA. So, I would like to know, whether is there any relation between my husband update of his PR's marital status with my EP renewal?

Your advice is appreciated, thank you.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: EP renewal relates to PR marital status update?

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:45 pm

No. Your EP is issued on your own merits and the position being offered by the company.

deeskylar

Re: EP renewal relates to PR marital status update?

Post by deeskylar » Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:58 pm

Hello Strong Eagle,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to know if I forgotten to inform MOM on my marital status, will it affect my EP renewal?

I did inform my HR and submitted my marriage certificate to HR, but I am not sure whether she did inform MOM accordingly.

So will this impact on my EP renewal as well?

Your advice is appreciated, thank you