Singapore Expats Forum

MoM Medical exam

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

megadave

MoM Medical exam

Postby megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 5:50 pm

In my last IPA the medical exam is in the declaration I just had to sign it to say I "do not have HIV/TB etc", in this IPA it says that I need to go for a HIV/TB medical exam :o I phoned MoM and they said they don't know why it is different and wouldn't help me any further.

I would really like to get this done quickly as I arrive in Singapore on Saturday and would like to start work ASAP. Can anybody advise me:

Is there anywhere in central singapore I can get this done either saturday evening or sunday?

Is it a blood test and x-ray? What else do they do?

How long the results take? Is there any way to expedite it?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: MoM Medical exam

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:09 pm

megadave wrote:In my last IPA the medical exam is in the declaration I just had to sign it to say I "do not have HIV/TB etc", in this IPA it says that I need to go for a HIV/TB medical exam :o I phoned MoM and they said they don't know why it is different and wouldn't help me any further.

I would really like to get this done quickly as I arrive in Singapore on Saturday and would like to start work ASAP. Can anybody advise me:

Is there anywhere in central singapore I can get this done either saturday evening or sunday?

Is it a blood test and x-ray? What else do they do?

How long the results take? Is there any way to expedite it?

Based on the salary range (earlier epass type), the criteria differs if you need to do the actual test or declaration.

It is a blood test and a chest X Ray

There are many places in SG, where if you do the test and want it urgent (pay a fee for faster reports), you can get it earlier.

megadave

Postby megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks, I just rang one clinic and they said the consultation fee without any tests is SGD 350 , it seems to be very expensive. I would guess there are cheaper clinics because I read that the whole thing shouldn't cost more than SGD 100

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:21 pm

megadave wrote:Thanks, I just rang one clinic and they said the consultation fee without any tests is SGD 350 , it seems to be very expensive. I would guess there are cheaper clinics because I read that the whole thing shouldn't cost more than SGD 100

You surely rang up a wrong clinic. Usual charge will be around 80-100 SGD. But if you want it urgently, there will be a extra 100 SGD charge.

Try calling Raffles medical and get a quote just to compare.

megadave

Postby megadave » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 6:50 pm

Just called them and they said the expedited next day cost is around 85 SGD

Phew. Thanks!