Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship application status still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mystic_river
Regular
Regular

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Postby mystic_river » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:01 am

been a week since i've been having this issue but...i am not able to access eSC to check my status. Is the system down for everyone else too?

mystic_river
Regular
Regular

Postby mystic_river » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:31 am

Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

So for those concerned, you don't have to keep checking your mailbox. Just check your email instead.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:37 am

mystic_river wrote:Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

So for those concerned, you don't have to keep checking your mailbox. Just check your email instead.

I went through the same phase last year. ICA wont inform the decision over email. The email will just say decision is already made and check your letter box for the outcome.

mystic_river
Regular
Regular

Postby mystic_river » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:00 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

I went through the same phase last year. ICA wont inform the decision over email. The email will just say decision is already made and check your letter box for the outcome.

In that case, it’s safe to assume that when you receive the email from ICA that a decision has been reached, and if you check iEnquiry and it says “pending”, then the IPA is otw instead of rejection?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:23 am

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

In that case, it’s safe to assume that when you receive the email from ICA that a decision has been reached, and if you check iEnquiry and it says “pending”, then the IPA is otw instead of rejection?

Online status gets updated 3-4 days after the letter is mailed out. Usually the letter with the decision comes first before the online status changes to Approved/Rejected. This is just purely based on my personal experience.