Singapore Expats Forum

Question about PR Renewal and HDB

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
punpun711

Question about PR Renewal and HDB

Postby punpun711 » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 6:21 pm

My husband and I have got PR since 2007 and have already renewed 1 time (5 Years) under Professional scheme, we have got PR before we got married. Then we have 1 child born in Singapore and he got PR under my sponsor. We have bought HDB for 3 years.
However, one year after PR renewal, my son and I have migrated to Oversea, while my husband is still working in Singapore until now.

My REP will be expired in June 2019, but I’m planning to go back to SG to renew my REP online.

1. Will ICA consider to change my son and my REP to be family scheme (under my husband sponsor)?
2. If we got rejected, how to appeal to ICA.
3. For this case, we are forced to sell our HDB within 6 months, is that correct? Is there any option we can maintain our HDB? What if after 6 months, there is still no buyer?

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: Question about PR Renewal and HDB

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 07 Feb 2019 8:53 pm

If ICA establish that you and your son and presumably your husband have migrated I don't see why they would renew your REP. Your husband's is at risk as well as yours and your sons. There is no 'standby PR what' now in Singapore. The Indians freak that one up.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!