Singapore Expats

pass application (new company) and renewal overlap

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sixtwofive

pass application (new company) and renewal overlap

Post by Sixtwofive » Mon, 28 Jan 2019 5:56 pm

Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone knows if concurrent pass applications is possible.
Im asking because my pass renewal is happening anytime soon (expiring April 25 2019)
The HR will probably apply for the renewal after the CNY break

However, another company reached out to me for a chat and actually made an offer.
I told them that I have 3 months notice to tender which they understand and they are clearing some forms from their HQ before applying for my pass

So likely this will happen during my renewal

Question

1. If they apply for the pass before our HR submits the application for renewal, will the renewal application have problems?

2. Similarly, if the application happens after the HR submits the renewal but before the result is out, will the new application and/or the renewal encounter problems?

3. Will the current HR see a status at EPOL that there is another application for me by another company?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: pass application (new company) and renewal overlap

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 28 Jan 2019 8:13 pm

Sixtwofive wrote:Hi all, I would like to ask if anyone knows if concurrent pass applications is possible.
Im asking because my pass renewal is happening anytime soon (expiring April 25 2019)
The HR will probably apply for the renewal after the CNY break

However, another company reached out to me for a chat and actually made an offer.
I told them that I have 3 months notice to tender which they understand and they are clearing some forms from their HQ before applying for my pass

So likely this will happen during my renewal

Question

1. If they apply for the pass before our HR submits the application for renewal, will the renewal application have problems?

2. Similarly, if the application happens after the HR submits the renewal but before the result is out, will the new application and/or the renewal encounter problems?

3. Will the current HR see a status at EPOL that there is another application for me by another company?

Should be OK, but cant guarantee NO problems

-- NO issue

-- If your current HR, searches using your FIN number and Application date, there is a chance that he/she can see the new application status.

Aurora87

Post by Aurora87 » Mon, 28 Jan 2019 9:11 pm

Actually I had encountered a similar situation in the past.
What happened was that once the new employer applied the new pass, my current employer wasn't able to do the renewal. Hence they knew at that moment that I have another opportunity.
The HR told me that I can only have 1 issued pass + 1 pending pass.

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:57 am

Aurora87 wrote:Actually I had encountered a similar situation in the past.
What happened was that once the new employer applied the new pass, my current employer wasn't able to do the renewal. Hence they knew at that moment that I have another opportunity.
The HR told me that I can only have 1 issued pass + 1 pending pass.
May i know when was this?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 5:41 pm

Doesn't matter when it was. It's still the same currently. From an HR Manager. ;-)

Best way to screw up an employment opportunity is multiple submissions once an IPA has be granted if you are still working. It royally throws a spanner in the works and sometimes takes several months to sort out. Usually by the time they get it sorted out, the guy who was greedy loses the job he has as the employer knows he is leaving anyway, the first IPA company withdraws because he gave his word and the job seeker didn't keep his. And the third potential employer can not even apply so the job seeker gets exactly what he deserves.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 12:00 pm

Would it be better to have the renewal processed and have an IPA first before applying the pass for the other company? Or should it be after the pass is issued?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Feb 2019 12:30 pm

Sixtwofive wrote:Would it be better to have the renewal processed and have an IPA first before applying the pass for the other company? Or should it be after the pass is issued?
If you dont stick on just to one of the companies, you are surely going to be in trouble. Are you not sure on exactly what you want?

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Mon, 04 Feb 2019 8:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sixtwofive wrote:Would it be better to have the renewal processed and have an IPA first before applying the pass for the other company? Or should it be after the pass is issued?
If you dont stick on just to one of the companies, you are surely going to be in trouble. Are you not sure on exactly what you want?
Its a unique and different opportunity/career path. I have given my current company my 101% for the last 8 years. Performing beyond what is required. Giving more than what is expected. I have received several offers to transfer from competitors in the past but I have politely declined because 1. Out of loyalty 2. If its the same (direct 1:1) industry I dont want to be a competitor to my current company

But this new opportunity is different. So I guess, after 8 years of always giving my 101%, its not too bad to consider other opportunities, no?

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Mon, 04 Feb 2019 8:12 pm

Sixtwofive wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
The new opportunity presents a unique and different career path. Something I always wanted to try but never had the opportunity to, and will never have the opportunity if I stick to my current company (their service type on our current service type/scope is different)

I have given my current company my 101% for the last 8 years. Performing beyond what is required. Giving more than what is expected. I have received several offers to transfer from competitors in the past but I have politely declined because 1. Out of loyalty 2. If its the same (direct 1:1) industry I dont want to be a competitor to my current company

So I guess, after 8 years of always giving my 101%, its not too bad to consider other opportunities, no?