Singapore Expats Forum

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

VB2018

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Postby VB2018 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 12:06 pm

Great - thank you!

VB2018

Postby VB2018 » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 7:33 pm

Hi, I have received my IPA and plan to apply for PEP online next week. I am already in SIngapore right now on EP which will be cancelled next week. My query is can I travel abroad after applying for PEP online (on MoM website) and return to Singapore using the one-time visa given on IPA OR do I have to wait till the PEP card is issued to me? Thank you.

BrianInSG

Postby BrianInSG » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 6:36 pm

Hello Everyone.

Hope all is well. I just applied for a Personalized Employment Pass (PEP). A few questions.
- If you submitted your documents through SingPost, how long was it before you were able to see the status of your application online?
- I understand the processing time is 8 weeks. It has been seven business days (11 calendar days) since I submitted my PEP application at SingPost. Does the 8 weeks start from the day of submission at SingPost? or the day MOM receives the application and all supporting documents?

Any information would be really apreciated.

Thank you all

VB2018

Postby VB2018 » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 6:46 pm

Hi BrianInSG,
I recently went through the PEP process. In my case:
- The status of my application ('Pending') was available on the MoM website within 1 working day.
- My application got approved in exactly 3 weeks from the day I submitted the documents at SingPost (which was a Saturday).

BrianInSG

Postby BrianInSG » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

justinsingapore

Postby justinsingapore » Wed, 24 Apr 2019 5:06 pm

I just got my PEP approval via email. It took more than 8 weeks though. So don't be too hung up on the 8 week guideline, especially if you submitted DP application(s) at the same time!