Can I request ICA to stop mistress entering to Singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 2:27 pm

Can I request ICA to stop mistress entering to Singapore?

Post by foradv » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 2:41 pm

Hello, is there a way to stop cheating husband's Chinese mistress entering Singapore as a visitor and/or get any form of long term permit in future if I inform that our marriage broke up because of her and I had to file a divorce? I was to sue her via Chinese lawyer but it's just wasting money for me rather I want to provide the long term sanction for what they did for me. Plan to discuss it with a lawyer but also I want to know if such cases executed before. Thank you in advance.

User avatar
Posts: 38730
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Can I request ICA to stop mistress entering to Singapore?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 4:08 pm

:o :oops!:
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
Posts: 8217
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Can I request ICA to stop mistress entering to Singapore?

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 18 Jan 2019 8:59 pm

You could write to ICA and provide a negative character statement to ICA who "may" consider them as part of their evaluation in approving visas. You'd need to include that person's identification information (DOB / PP number). It's also possible to report to the SPF any criminal or vice activities this person has been involved in. You could also speak (if you're a Singaporean) to your local MP and also write to the Minister of Home Affairs or Minister of Law. You probably won't be advised of the outcome but my understanding is that your input will be considered and not dismissed out of hand. Write the letter objectively, state the facts and try to avoid emotion. Explain the damage caused. Do not defame the person. Have a lawyer review it. Remember your ex husband is also at fault (and is a chump).

An example may be:

I would like ICA to take the poor character of Ms Xiao Jie into account for any approval of visas as I don't believe she is a suitable visitor for Singapore. She engaged in an adulterous affair with my husband from 2014 to 2016 which was witnessed by other people and used in court by me as reasons for our divorce. Her ID is XXX. She caused severe emotional and financial damage to my marriage with my ex Husband Mr Xiao Towkay. My children's mental health has been affected and they have been examined by a psychiatrist at IMH whose reports state that she poisoned their minds. This statement is not intended to defame Ms Xiao Jie but to provide guidance to the immigration officers who may be determining Ms Xiao Jies suitability as a Singapore visitor or applicant for other visa categories. The matter has also been reported to SPF on report number 12345678 on 4/4/2014.


Mdm TaiTai, NRIC 2888888X
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests