Singapore Expats

Plastic Surgeon in Singapore

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
alonradzi

Plastic Surgeon in Singapore

Post by alonradzi » Sun, 22 Nov 2015 8:45 pm

Looking to know if anyone has any experience with Dr Kar Su Tan from Rhinoplasty Clinic in Elizabeth Hospital.
Got his name from my Dermatologist and I am looking for reviews and recommendations from others too.
Thanks!!!

alonradzi

Re: Plastic Surgeon in Singapore

Post by alonradzi » Mon, 07 Dec 2015 5:33 pm

No comments seen, and I have passed the operation, done by wonderful Dr. Tan.
Therefore I add my own recommendation, in response to my own question... :D :D :D

Rose1234

Post by Rose1234 » Mon, 28 Mar 2016 7:54 pm

Hi there. I recently used Dr KS Tan. I've only been recovering a few weeks and nose it swollen and doesn't feel symmetrical. I think this is normal. I just wondered if you could shed more light on your procedure and why you were pleased?

alonradzi

Post by alonradzi » Tue, 29 Mar 2016 1:31 pm

My procedure was for removing a carcinoma from my right chick, below the eye.
now, 4 months mater swollen area is much better, getting to the right place - slowly but surely.
I was pleased with the attention given, prep (mental and actual), and follow up after. I meet him once a month for followup and always get full details to my (detailed) questions.
I don't know which Dr. Tan you were treated by - I went to the one at Noveena hospital - Rhinoplasty clinic.

Regretfull

Post by Regretfull » Wed, 06 Sep 2017 2:40 pm

I did Rhinoplasty with Dr Tan KS due to functional problem (to improve my breathing) and it was the worst decision of my life. The Aesthetic of my nose was just a by product.... but I didn't know it was not to be taken lightly. This really destroyed my life.
Dr Tan promised me subtle changes and made everything sounded so easy. He confidently told me he will make me a better nose.
To cut the whole story short, he made me sign consent to harvest my rib cartilage for the Rhinoplasty, saying he will try his very best not to use it. I shouldn't have signed... as I told him I really don't want to use my rib, but he said in case my nose collapse or something bad happens, it is the last resort. In the end, he harvested my rib, leaving me an unsightly scar... and a Huge Botched nose I have to deal with everyday of my life... it is no where near natural looking. I also need to mentioned he charged a large sum of money to my insurance company.
I really don't like to post something like this but I feel it is my duty to prevent anyone from suffering the same agony as me. So please don't ever do rib rhinoplasty, not just here at The Rhinoplasty Clinic but anywhere in Singapore. They are just not experienced enough. Good Luck and Take care!!!

therhinoplastyclinic

Post by therhinoplastyclinic » Sun, 15 Oct 2017 6:21 pm

Dear Regretfull,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that it was such a traumatic experience for you. I never take rib rhinoplasty, or for that matter, any rhinoplasty lightly, and I always stress that to each and every of my patients. Rhinoplasty is known to be probably the most complex of all cosmetic procedures, and when we throw functional problems that needs addressing into the mix, it is almost never a simple surgery. This is the exact reason why I have decided to devote my practice entirely to rhinoplasty. If for any reason you have gone away taking the surgery lightly, then it is my fault for not impressing it upon you strongly enough. I will certainly reflect on how that came to be the case.

Typically subtle cosmetic changes do not need rib harvest, hence am I right to say your rib harvest was for a complex functional problem? You did not mention it in your post, but I hope your functional issues have been resolved.

I definitely want to know your concerns are. As this is not the ideal medium to address such personal issues, kindly contact either my clinic for an early appointment and I will do my utmost to correct what you are dissatisfied with. Most problems are usually fixable. I do not recall any unhappy patients in my recent memory, so please forgive me for not being able to guess who you might be. Please raise it during our next follow up so we can start to address your concerns.

I am constantly reflecting and reviewing my own work and I sincerely thank you for the feedback. I certainly do not profess to produce perfect results all the time and revision is sometimes a necessity especially for complex cases. Please pardon us if we had come up short during your care and let's work towards resolving your issues by discussing it during our next follow up appointment. I will do my best to give you a satisfactory outcome.

P/S: As I do not check in here regularly, please email me at [email protected] or call my clinic at +65-6250 0550.

Yours Sincerely,
Dr Tan KS

katie32

Post by katie32 » Tue, 30 Jan 2018 4:28 pm

@ Regretfull
OMG so sorry for hearing that. I got few nose jobs and last time I got botched job so I understand how much you are suffering now. Hope you got better and recover from the shock.. I'm planning to have nose revision and thinking about S.Korea.I hope things turn out good for you.

medicalblogger

Post by medicalblogger » Sat, 26 May 2018 4:36 am

:???: i think this is free will to comment our experiences on the nose jobs we have and paid for . Be it claiming insurance where the doctor earns the bulk.

No matter if you want a good nose. Go to a plastic surgeon. Similarly, you dont see the opthamologist doing many korean looking lids cos they treat eye health issues . Honestly the pain and suffering was long and horrifying only to come out with the worse nose ever that even friends at one glance ask what is wrong with the nose. It was deformed. Huge, crooked and not symetrical.

It is so deformed that friends point it out at an instant. The next course of action of cos is a revision which the doctor will tell you to do rib harvesting and like u heard on the previous post its a major surgery. I do not think the doctor shld have harped on the words of "minor" or "complex" . We are layman hence we leave our lives and medical issues or beauty medical related issues to the doctors. This is called trust. It is this trust that is broken. Moreover the doctor has been blacklisted by insurance.

It is our perrogative to choose if we want to go to another doctor. Who would want to go back and worse, incur a large scar, major downtime, money lost on the hospital fees even thou you could have offer not to charge. I believe it would not have cost as much to do a kidney transplant even. You can transplant a kidney cheaper that the nose work. The fees was high to get a deformed nose and yet .... we are liable to pay again and hear you dish on simple English words we use?

Honestly, it was just so bad . You guys can private post to me and I will share more. Please go to a Plastic surgeon because some surgeries are irreversible.

Regretfull

Post by Regretfull » Sun, 05 Aug 2018 12:14 am

@Katie32 - Thank you, you are so kind. Yes, it was a tough battle and one of the most difficult experience in my life. I got a revision at S.Korea last year at April31 by Dr Kim. Sadly, He was a blood sucker too who charged me 11mil krw and did my revision in less than 2 hrs. He acted super confident saying that he had 25 years of experience and could fix my nose just by reusing the autologous rib cartilages in my nose where 3 other Drs said they couldn't and needed extra materials. How can I say if I was fortunate or not... as my nose did improved after the revision. It was smaller but crooked and droopy. Still better than the former Frankenstein Nose.

Now unto the good part! =D
I am now in SK and did my 2nd Revision. This time I chose Dr Lee from Trendsurgery.
I know of DR lee after joining SK Rhinoplasty Kakao Grp chats, where several of our ladies and guys had surgery with Dr Lee. They had many good things to say about him and are happy with their results. I get to know from them that Dr Lee is a meticulous Dr and he only does 1 surgery per day. Quality work from someone skillful, exactly what I needed.
My revision took him 9hrs to complete. I used Silicone for Bridge, Artificial dermis for thinned skin, ear cartilage and donated rib for tip. I am now 9 days post op and I finally have a beautiful nose that beats my original nose. It is already straight and elegant looking despite all the swelling, I can tell it is done right. I am so Happy Now, Thank God. It has been a trial and I have learnt precious lessons. I thank all who is involved. All is good now. ^ -^

I hope this post will help you, Medicalblogger and anyone who needs a revision.
I once was depressed and thought of dying too... when I lost what was so precious to me.
Don't give up hope. You will feel differently everyday when you strife to regain what is so important to you. You will gain strength and knowledge. When the time comes, be brave and take the chance again! Plastic surgery can fail and it can also be corrected. It will truly fail if you are too afraid and not take the chance to recover. I wish all of you Luck in your journey and hope that you will be Happy and contented as I am now, very soon! Have courage! God Bless!! ^ L ^

rollolo

Post by rollolo » Tue, 09 Oct 2018 12:28 pm

Hi regretful!!

May I know how much you paid?

Had some stuff done by Item clinic ( Elaine Jang is the Singapore medical agent) and find the result mediocre. Sis also did eyelids there 5 years ago, its barely visible . Too conservative results.. They charge an arm and a leg.
Do not be conned! ugh

Regretfull

Post by Regretfull » Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:48 am

Hi rollolo,

I paid 7.5m Won for my revision.
Item seems to be blacklisted from what I read and heard.
I don't know anyone who went there from the chats and forum.