Singapore Expats

Up comming wedding help

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Sammysweet

Up comming wedding help

Post by Sammysweet » Sun, 09 Dec 2018 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm attending a wedding in 4 weeks and would like to do the typical thing of dropping a few pounds to fit in my bridesmaid dress. I have been walking up and down Orchid rd on a daily basis for a couple of weeks, but still havn't lost anything more than a few pounds. I know that there is a lot of information on the net, but I need answers from people who have been successful in similar situations.

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Up comming wedding help

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Dec 2018 3:55 pm

It's doubtful if you have the willpower but if you can quit using salt, sugar and cut down to almost zero white starches (bread, potatoes, pasta & rice), you should be able to lose around 10 lbs inside of a month. (but be advised that as soon as you start back using both, you will probably binge and gain it all back even faster. Been there, done that, except I never binged nor went back to using sugar or salt as either condiments or even cooking with them. I lost 26 kg (55+ lbs) in 22 weeks 11 years ago and I've never looked back. Oh, I did it so I could wear my wedding tuxedo on my 25 wedding anniversary (and it fit me better the 2nd time than it did the first. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sammysweet

Re: Up comming wedding help

Post by Sammysweet » Sun, 09 Dec 2018 4:09 pm

Well thank you for your reply sundaymorningstaple. I actually was meant to say in my post my goal was to drop around 10 pounds. I guess for me it's probably rice that is my biggest problem, I don't really have too many issues dropping the salt or sugar though. Also well done on your weight loss!