Singapore Expats

Inquiry

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
mavmahesh

Re: Inquiry

Post by mavmahesh » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 2:14 pm

Hi SMS, Ecureilx,

Thank you for your inputs.

On a brief note, I am from India. I recently got the offer and the company is in the process of applying EP. I got the certificate from my doctor yesterday (who treated me earlier) that there is no active TB/lung lesion now. The doctor took the chest x-ray, which pointed about "Fibrotic opacity seen in left upper lobe". The doctor mentioned that this means - it is not active lesion and old TB scar will be there for life long. If I provide this certificate, will the Singapore doctors consider this?
If its not considered, is it fair to check with Singapore doctors? Since I am in India, I am not sure how to approach a Singapore doctor.
Also, which clinics in Singapore are authorised to take medical test?

Appreciate your help,as I am really tensed.

Regards,

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:55 pm

mavmahesh wrote:Hi SMS, Ecureilx,

Thank you for your inputs.

On a brief note, I am from India. I recently got the offer and the company is in the process of applying EP. I got the certificate from my doctor yesterday (who treated me earlier) that there is no active TB/lung lesion now. The doctor took the chest x-ray, which pointed about "Fibrotic opacity seen in left upper lobe". The doctor mentioned that this means - it is not active lesion and old TB scar will be there for life long. If I provide this certificate, will the Singapore doctors consider this?
If its not considered, is it fair to check with Singapore doctors? Since I am in India, I am not sure how to approach a Singapore doctor.
Also, which clinics in Singapore are authorised to take medical test?

Appreciate your help,as I am really tensed.

Regards,
Past experience says Singapore don't trust certain foreign Medicals.

You need to mention your TB scars to be safe, or hope you aren't subject to X ray in Singapore.

Btw as mentioned, there's been a few TB scares recently so it's anybody's guess how MOM will react.

mavmahesh

Post by mavmahesh » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you so much for the response. Fingers crossed 8-[

eddyedward

Post by eddyedward » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 5:45 pm

Hello.
I understand this is quite an old topic however, what I would like to enquire is what sort of test does TBCU perform to ensure if one has TB?

My mother who has LTVP in approval found out there was a nodule in her lung. CT scan and biopsy were performed(Luckily results shows nothing harmful) however both never mention anything about TB.

She was again referred to TBCU after all that hassle however we are still waiting for the appointment date.

Question is:
1. What sort of test do they perform (in or outpatient)?
2. Roughly what is the costs for the test?
3. Is the cost claimable under medisave?

Hopefully somebody with some knowledge is able to reply me.

Thank you in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 6:55 pm

eddyedward wrote:Hello.
I understand this is quite an old topic however, what I would like to enquire is what sort of test does TBCU perform to ensure if one has TB?

My mother who has LTVP in approval found out there was a nodule in her lung. CT scan and biopsy were performed(Luckily results shows nothing harmful) however both never mention anything about TB.

She was again referred to TBCU after all that hassle however we are still waiting for the appointment date.

Question is:

Thank you in advance.
X ray

Costs you can find yourself

luckycricket

Post by luckycricket » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 8:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:
eddyedward wrote:Hello.

Question is:

Thank you in advance.
X ray

They perform X-ray, skin test and sputum test... They will go for X-ray first, if the doctor will find some signs in X-ray then will go for both skin test and sputum test. Depending on tests, it may cost you from S$160/- to S$400/-

eddyedward

Post by eddyedward » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 8:25 am

ecureilx wrote:X ray

Thank you. X-ray was performed prior to this.

eddyedward

Post by eddyedward » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 8:29 am

luckycricket wrote:
They perform X-ray, skin test and sputum test... They will go for X-ray first, if the doctor will find some signs in X-ray then will go for both skin test and sputum test. Depending on tests, it may cost you from S$160/- to S$400/-
I see. X-ray were performed twice, CT scan was performed once and Biopsy was even performed however in all report there were no saying of TB.
Hence again my mum needed to go to TBCU.

I guess left the skin and sputum test. Appreciate for the information!

luckycricket

Post by luckycricket » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 9:10 am

eddyedward wrote:
I see. X-ray were performed twice, CT scan was performed once and Biopsy was even performed however in all report there were no saying of TB.
Hence again my mum needed to go to TBCU.

I guess left the skin and sputum test. Appreciate for the information!
I am not sure about Biopsy, but X-ray and CT scan only give indications not the confirmation that the person has TB.. And even if X-ray and CT scan are already done, the doctor at TBCU may ask you to go for at least one X-ray again

blackrose14

Post by blackrose14 » Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:26 pm

Hi,

I had to do a medical check for a new company application (I am still employed, not yet resigned). However, based on the xray result, there are white spots which may indicative of tuberculosis (tb). I am still undergoing some tests. I dont have any signs of TB, cough and cold.

I am just worried if ever that i will be positive (i hope not), will they force me to go home even i will take medication?

Beaula

Post by Beaula » Sun, 09 Jun 2019 11:07 am

Hi I am in IPA for dependent pass. I came to know that i have lung scarring so they referred me to TBCU where though my smear of Sputum is negative they say I have PTB because of my X Ray and skin test and started treatment. The medical centre has given the report medically fit but active tb with undergoing treatment Will MOM issue dependent pass since I am under going tb treatment and medically fit?

Sundaydevil

Post by Sundaydevil » Tue, 15 Oct 2019 7:43 pm

Understand these questions have been raised before - but may I ask the outcome for those who had Tb in past and was cured. To give a background : I had TB 20 years ago and was cured back then. I declared this info at the ipa stage. Was directed to undergo tests at TBCU. All test results came negative and doc note mentions does not have active tb . However also mentions they are awaiting final cultures and will see me in two months .

Now will MOM Grant ep on this basis or do they want to wait it out until results?

Keen to hear experience of ppl who had it in past and were free of tb while applying - how did it go ? Were you eventually granted EP?